Model D weaponry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 09:25 AM
RE: Model D weaponry
(28-02-2017 09:22 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Ill bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?

Oh yeah, I'm totally into depression and despair! You wouldn't believe the stories I have. At this one totally shitty dive bar (like- their wine wasn't even real wine, it was just grape juice! And the bar snacks were just dry tasteless crackers! Ugh!) I found a case of depression to follow me around for decades! I was in despair for so long. That stuff is powerful. Now that you mention it, though, they did talk a lot about that Jesus character at this dive bar...

You should have gone to a Catholic Church. Then you would have gotten real wine, though admittedly, just a sip
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ProudCatholic's post
28-02-2017, 09:27 AM
(28-02-2017 09:25 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:22 AM)Emma Wrote:  Oh yeah, I'm totally into depression and despair! You wouldn't believe the stories I have. At this one totally shitty dive bar (like- their wine wasn't even real wine, it was just grape juice! And the bar snacks were just dry tasteless crackers! Ugh!) I found a case of depression to follow me around for decades! I was in despair for so long. That stuff is powerful. Now that you mention it, though, they did talk a lot about that Jesus character at this dive bar...

You should have gone to a Catholic Church. Then you would have gotten real wine, though admittedly, just a sip

You mean that Emma would have gotten real Jesus blood, right?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
28-02-2017, 09:29 AM
(28-02-2017 09:21 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Also, do a little research on the devil instead of taking your Bible's word for it. You understand it was a concept from Zoroastrianism and Greek Mythology that the Christians adopted, don't you? Or do you actually believe a horned red monster lives in the underworld with the sole purpose of trying to piss God off by making his creations drink, drug, and sex it up?

Their Satan concept definitely doesn't come from Judaism. No It does seem to have been invented sometime after the Hebrew bible was written. Well after, in fact. There are no descriptions of a "Devil" anywhere in any Jewish literature.

So if it's not Jewish, it must be pagan.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
28-02-2017, 09:32 AM
(28-02-2017 09:27 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:25 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  You should have gone to a Catholic Church. Then you would have gotten real wine, though admittedly, just a sip

You mean that Emma would have gotten real Jesus blood, right?

Thats right, and her booze fix as well.

https://churchpop.com/2015/06/28/5-extra...-pictures/

Seriously, being atheist is easier than having faith. Your only standard is your own, and you do not need to humble yourself for anyone or anything.

At least you people aren't agnostics. They are just lazy
28-02-2017, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 10:15 AM by jennybee.)
(28-02-2017 09:29 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:21 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Also, do a little research on the devil instead of taking your Bible's word for it. You understand it was a concept from Zoroastrianism and Greek Mythology that the Christians adopted, don't you? Or do you actually believe a horned red monster lives in the underworld with the sole purpose of trying to piss God off by making his creations drink, drug, and sex it up?

Their Satan concept definitely doesn't come from Judaism. No It does seem to have been invented sometime after the Hebrew bible was written. Well after, in fact. There are no descriptions of a "Devil" anywhere in any Jewish literature.

So if it's not Jewish, it must be pagan.

It's not in the OT. "A satan" is in the OT, meaning a stumbling block, adversary. Satan takes on a life of his own in the NT and much later, folklore added to this. Anyway, that's around the time of the Zoroastrians, when they were mighty conquerors and they introduced the belief of good/evil, light/dark which the Christians adopted. Hell and the devil morphed from the Bible into folklore later on.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-02-2017, 09:34 AM
(28-02-2017 09:32 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:27 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You mean that Emma would have gotten real Jesus blood, right?

Seriously, being atheist is easier than having faith. Your only standard is your own, and you do not need to humble yourself for anyone or anything.

At least the atheists here aren't pagan idol worshippers like you are.

... just saying.
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
28-02-2017, 09:35 AM
(28-02-2017 09:27 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You mean that Emma would have gotten real Jesus blood, right?

Right, because wine turning into blood when you drink it isn't crazy at all. /sarcasmfont

"Seriously, being atheist is easier than having faith."

What does "easiness" have to do with anything? If it really is easier being an atheist than relying on faith, so what? Do you think only hard things are true?

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-02-2017, 09:35 AM

Yes, living in reality is hard Hobo

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
28-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Also, it wasn't easy for me to realize I was an atheist after so long as a Baptist/Christian/theist. It was probably the hardest personal change I have ever gone through.

-Rick
[+] 3 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-02-2017, 09:38 AM
(28-02-2017 09:36 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Also, it wasn't easy for me to realize I was an atheist after so long as a Baptist/Christian/theist. It was probably the hardest personal change I have ever gone through.

Same here. It wasn't something I just decided one day. It was having the courage to look behind the curtain. Once you do that, religion falls apart.

[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post