Model D weaponry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 09:51 AM
RE: Model D weaponry
(28-02-2017 09:22 AM)Emma Wrote:  ...
At this one totally shitty dive bar (like- their wine wasn't even real wine, it was just grape juice! And the bar snacks were just dry tasteless crackers! Ugh!) I found a case of depression to follow me around for decades! I was in despair for so long. That stuff is powerful. Now that you mention it, though, they did talk a lot about that Jesus character at this dive bar...

[Image: i-saw-what-you-did-there.jpg]

... even if our new friend didn't...

(28-02-2017 09:25 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  ...
You should have gone to a Catholic Church. Then you would have gotten real wine, though admittedly, just a sip

[Image: axJmn.gif]

(28-02-2017 09:40 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  ...
My cousin is a proud atheist and since he does not care about God, he is a proud sinner.
His only ... aim in life is to get his "fix", his next drink, his next high, his next fuck. All that and nothing more.

I'm liking him already.

Hedonism rocks!

Bowing

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
28-02-2017, 09:54 AM
(28-02-2017 09:29 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:21 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Also, do a little research on the devil instead of taking your Bible's word for it. You understand it was a concept from Zoroastrianism and Greek Mythology that the Christians adopted, don't you? Or do you actually believe a horned red monster lives in the underworld with the sole purpose of trying to piss God off by making his creations drink, drug, and sex it up?

Their Satan concept definitely doesn't come from Judaism. No It does seem to have been invented sometime after the Hebrew bible was written. Well after, in fact. There are no descriptions of a "Devil" anywhere in any Jewish literature.

So if it's not Jewish, it must be pagan.

I would also add Christine Hayes, who has a really great Yale series on the Bible, mentions that in the book of Job, "the satan" is mentioned more as a character, he is introduced as a member of God's council. He acts as a prosecuting attorney. "The satan" later morphs into Satan (God's nemesis) in further sections of the Bible. Anyway, it's at around the 25:00 mark if you are interested.

[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
28-02-2017, 09:55 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 10:22 AM by GirlyMan.)
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Since you people have turned your backs on God, you probably have other Gods to replace him.

Indeed I do, ProudPedo, indeed I do. His name is Bob and we worship Slack.

[Image: bob_zpsfpjjrnm2.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
28-02-2017, 09:56 AM
(28-02-2017 09:55 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Since you people have turned your backs on God, you probably have other Gods to replace him.

Indeed I do. His name is Bob and we worship Slack.

Only to a theist does the word "atheist" still include beliefs in a god or gods. Facepalm

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
28-02-2017, 09:58 AM
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Ill bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

Drink/drugs? Not really.

Despair? Occasionally, usually when confronted with religious stupidity and political conservatism.

Depression?

Depression is a flaw in chemistry, not a flaw in character.

(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?

It's hard to take a proposed deity seriously when his chosen representatives are of such low quality and caliber.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 6 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
28-02-2017, 09:58 AM
(28-02-2017 09:54 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:29 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Their Satan concept definitely doesn't come from Judaism. No It does seem to have been invented sometime after the Hebrew bible was written. Well after, in fact. There are no descriptions of a "Devil" anywhere in any Jewish literature.

So if it's not Jewish, it must be pagan.

I would also add Christine Hayes, who has a really great Yale series on the Bible, mentions that in the book of Job, "the satan" is mentioned more as a character, he is introduced as a member of God's council. He acts as a prosecuting attorney. "The satan" later morphs into Satan (God's nemesis) in further sections of the Bible. Anyway, it's at around the 25:00 mark if you are interested.

.... So the Jewish bible says not to add to it or take away from it, but somehow the Christians thought it would be cool to add a whole new "testament" that overrides the first and to rewrite the character bios of the main deity and his trusted advisor?

What the fuck?!?
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
28-02-2017, 10:00 AM
(28-02-2017 09:58 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:54 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I would also add Christine Hayes, who has a really great Yale series on the Bible, mentions that in the book of Job, "the satan" is mentioned more as a character, he is introduced as a member of God's council. He acts as a prosecuting attorney. "The satan" later morphs into Satan (God's nemesis) in further sections of the Bible. Anyway, it's at around the 25:00 mark if you are interested.

.... So the Jewish bible says not to add to it or take away from it, but somehow the Christians thought it would be cool to add a whole new "testament" that overrides the first and to rewrite the character bios of the main deity and his trusted advisor?

What the fuck?!?

Yabut, Jesus could walk on water and stuff Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-02-2017, 10:01 AM
What? Somebody had to do it.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-02-2017, 10:05 AM
(28-02-2017 09:47 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Im not hateful.

I just am saddened at the results of the atheist vacuum and what they produce.

You come here to proselytize and have a basic tantrum of bigotry, why would you think this would be effective?

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
28-02-2017, 10:05 AM
(28-02-2017 10:00 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:58 AM)Aliza Wrote:  .... So the Jewish bible says not to add to it or take away from it, but somehow the Christians thought it would be cool to add a whole new "testament" that overrides the first and to rewrite the character bios of the main deity and his trusted advisor?

What the fuck?!?

Yabut, Jesus could walk on water and stuff Tongue

Even though the Jewish bible clearly warns the Jews not to follow any other Jews who may come in the future and can perform miracles?

Oh, I forgot. Christians can just ignore the parts that don't fit into their narrative.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post