Model D weaponry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 10:20 AM
RE: Model D weaponry
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  One thing that has made me convinced of the Devil (and God's) existence is the devil's Model D weaponry that he employs against the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBNc_LkMLY&t=308s

Since you people have turned your backs on God, you probably have other Gods to replace him. Ill bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?

Going through these one-by-one...

... despair's too vague to quantify, but the Christian world view is pretty hideous the more you look at it, and the Catholic take is no exception. Jesus isn't curing that any time soon. Also, I don't suffer from this.

Drink: The very Jesus-oriented Alcoholics Anonymous has a success rate of roughly 1 in 15. Jesus isn't curing that. Also, I don't suffer from it.

Drugs: Same for Narcotics Anonymous, and I don't suffer from drug abuse either.

Depression: Since you love links, here's a story of someone's depression. Turns out Zoloft works and Jesus doesn't.

So.... no, I don't worship the devil (unless you define devil-worship so broadly that anyone who isn't your religion is worshiping the devil, in which case you can probably communicate that idea with a lot less confusion just by saying anyone who isn't your religion). I don't drink, do drugs, despair, or suffer from depression. (And who the fuck CHOOSES despair or depression anyway?)

You must know -- you MUST know -- that I am a complete stranger to you and that you don't actually know my life. And yet you STILL went ahead and made broad, sweeping, negative statements about me. What the hell is wrong with your head that makes you think that you know me when you don't know me?

But most importantly.... JESUS DOESN'T CURE THAT STUFF.

Jesus: Failing to deliver ever since Christians needed to invent the Wandering Jew.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
28-02-2017, 10:23 AM
(28-02-2017 10:05 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Even though the Jewish bible clearly warns the Jews not to follow any other Jews who may come in the future and can perform miracles?

What if I'm not a Jew?

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-02-2017, 10:25 AM
Your cousin sounds more like a sociopath than simply an atheist.

Most atheists are nothing like that.

What is WITH all you Aggressive Theocrats™ and your desire to come here and tell *us* what an atheist is, and how we think? Seriously.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-02-2017, 10:29 AM
(28-02-2017 10:08 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There is no god but death, and what do we say to death?

We say, Death, have mercy, spare me over one more year Yes

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-02-2017, 10:30 AM
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  One thing that has made me convinced of the Devil (and God's) existence is the devil's Model D weaponry that he employs against the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBNc_LkMLY&t=308s

Since you people have turned your backs on God, you probably have other Gods to replace him. Ill bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?

You can't be serious. Either that or you're like 12.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
28-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Guy's like "model D weaponry," I'm like

Fist of all, Jesus is so first millennium, you mofos need Gwynnies.
Second of all, why hasn't this mofo earned the banhammer yet?

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
28-02-2017, 10:33 AM
(28-02-2017 10:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 10:10 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Hmmm. The church and character. Paragons of Christian morals like:

Cardinal Bernard Francis Law
Cardinal George Pell
Christian Brother Robert Best
Father Marcial Maciel
Cardinal Hans Hermann Groër

Shall I continue?

Why do serial killers always always have 3 names?

And a Wayne. You can't really be a serial killer without a Wayne in yer name. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
28-02-2017, 10:35 AM
There's a certain breed of dishonesty wherein you don't actually know that a thing is true, you've never checked it, you've never confirmed it, but you think it's true and maybe you've heard other people say it's true in a rumor-mill hearsay sort of way, and on that basis alone you proclaim it from the rooftops as certain truth, because you're too lazy and too apathetic and don't care enough about what the truth is to actually do a bit of hard work and do some fact-checking before opening your arrogant mouth and spewing forth your "wisdom". This is where theories about chemtrails and anti-vax movements and Pizzagate come from.

It's not lying, because you don't actually realize that what you're saying is false. You genuine believe it, albeit for no reason whatsoever. But the certainty, the confidence, the claim to authority are brazenly false. It flags you as an incompetent. Certainly, if there is a threat of eternal torture in hell to be considered, you are no more to be trusted to guide us away from it than Jacques Clouseau would be trusted to perform open heart surgery.

What's that type of dishonesty called? If it's not lying, then it's...

.... um.... Consider

Oh! That's right! FAITH!
[+] 9 users Like Reltzik's post
28-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Does anyone know if it even says in the Christian bible that you can't drink or screw around?
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
28-02-2017, 10:39 AM
(28-02-2017 10:35 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  There's a certain breed of dishonesty wherein you don't actually know that a thing is true, you've never checked it, you've never confirmed it, but you think it's true and maybe you've heard other people say it's true in a rumor-mill hearsay sort of way, and on that basis alone you proclaim it from the rooftops as certain truth, because you're too lazy and too apathetic and don't care enough about what the truth is to actually do a bit of hard work and do some fact-checking before opening your arrogant mouth and spewing forth your "wisdom". This is where theories about chemtrails and anti-vax movements and Pizzagate come from.

It's not lying, because you don't actually realize that what you're saying is false. You genuine believe it, albeit for no reason whatsoever. But the certainty, the confidence, the claim to authority are brazenly false. It flags you as an incompetent. Certainly, if there is a threat of eternal torture in hell to be considered, you are no more to be trusted to guide us away from it than Jacques Clouseau would be trusted to perform open heart surgery.

What's that type of dishonesty called? If it's not lying, then it's...

.... um.... Consider

Oh! That's right! FAITH!

I'm willing to withhold the "Lying For Jesus" tag on a Christian until they say something that isn't true (but that they think is true because their cult[ure] taught them that it was), and someone corrects them about it.

The ones who are Creationist and come here to tell us what "evolutionists" think, and we show them that it's not the case at all, for instance, or when they come here to tell us "atheists are ________" and we explain that it's not how we are.

After that, if they continue to use their "faith" as an excuse to continue to repeat lies, they are no longer innocently spouting libel/slander, and I will indeed call them Liars For Jesus.

As I always say, "Lying for Jesus is still lying."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post