Model D weaponry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 10:41 AM
RE: Model D weaponry
(28-02-2017 10:38 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Does anyone know if it even says in the Christian bible that you can't drink or screw around?

Well, there are verses that suggest being very drunk is immoral, but no outright prohibitions against drinking (after all, Jesus' first alleged miracle was to turn water into wine for a party). However, 1 Corinthians 6 has quite a list of the types of sexually immoral people who won't be getting into heaven... and specifically includes "drunkards".

Edit to Add: I would note that the list also includes liars, so perhaps these Liars For Jesus™ aren't on ground as solid as they'd like to believe, when it comes to salvation. Laugh out load

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-02-2017, 10:49 AM
(28-02-2017 09:25 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  You should have gone to a Catholic Church. Then you would have gotten real wine, though admittedly, just a sip
I see you don't understand your own religion. Catholics don't serve wine. They serve Jesus' blood.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
28-02-2017, 10:54 AM
(28-02-2017 09:40 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Atheists have less character than the religious it seems, and barely care about their own actions or the affect they have on others.

My cousin is a proud atheist and since he does not care about God, he is a proud sinner.

He is selfish and hateful, and ridiculously petty. He seems to oppose doing the "right thing" even if it is in his best interest to do so.

His only moral compass or indeed aim in life is to get his "fix", his next drink, his next high, his next fuck. All that and nothing more.

I take one good long look at him and say "whew! Thank God I have Jesus and the Church"
I see you know nothing about atheists.
And yet you judge them.
Jesus is not going to be happy when he finds out.
Oh wait, he already knows...
Shouldn't you be in confession? Consider

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 6 users Like Impulse's post
28-02-2017, 10:59 AM
(28-02-2017 10:38 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Does anyone know if it even says in the Christian bible that you can't drink or screw around?

Quote:Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do.

You can take a Bible and rip out everything that ain't Ecclesiastes, Romans or Job. 'Cause it ain't worth a fuck. Smartass

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-02-2017, 11:01 AM
(28-02-2017 10:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Quote:Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do.

You can take a Bible and rip out everything that ain't Ecclesiastes, Romans or Job. 'Cause it ain't worth a fuck. Smartass

Psalms is good ... and Proverbs. But Job rules them all. That's God telling it like it is right there. Yes

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-02-2017, 11:05 AM

Ecclesiastes 8:15 shows that Bible isn't only morbidness:

So I commended pleasure, for there is nothing good for a man under the sun except to eat and to drink and to be merry, and this will stand by him in his toils throughout the days of his life which God has given him under the sun.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
28-02-2017, 11:05 AM
(28-02-2017 10:41 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Well, there are verses that suggest being very drunk is immoral, but no outright prohibitions against drinking (after all, Jesus' first alleged miracle was to turn water into wine for a party).
Also Paul advised Timothy to "drink a little wine for your health's sake". Wine was often safer to drink than water anyway, since water was often contaminated, particularly in urban areas.

The Bible never complains about drinking alcoholic beverages, only drinking to excess (being a drunkard). Social prohibitions amongst fundamentalists (and in fairness, amongst teetotalers in general) was just a manufactured slippery-slope concern that assumed most people would eventually become addicted if they drank "demon rum" at all. These days of course we know better.
[+] 1 user Likes mordant's post
28-02-2017, 11:08 AM

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in the OT that Abraham used to go on regular binges and pass out naked in front of his kids. Think God told them not to look at him. That's what I tell my kids too. Mighta been Isaac. Or Job, God knows bastard had good cause to drink.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-02-2017, 11:11 AM
Alla sudden I'm picturing Girly naked passed out in front of his kids. I hate my imagination. Laugh out load

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-02-2017, 11:19 AM
(28-02-2017 10:59 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Keep the Song of Solomon for those lonely nights.
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post