Model D weaponry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 11:48 AM
RE: Model D weaponry
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Ill bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

"Hey Derek, want to go to a party tonight? There will be lots of drinks and drugs."

"Not tonight Kevin. I've going to stay at home and indulge in a spot of depression and despair."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like Mathilda's post
28-02-2017, 11:54 AM
(28-02-2017 11:48 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 11:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And Daniel. Those fuckers were seriously tripping. But not Revelations, that's not a real poncho, that's a Sears poncho.

Someone on here posted some interesting info about magical mushrooms that could have been responsible for some of the visions. I'm not sure how much that hypothesis has been drawn out in scholarly research, but quite interesting in what the person presented in terms of artwork and writings etc. I'll see if I can find it.

My money's on ergot poisoning. There's been moldy bread as long as there's been bread.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-02-2017, 11:54 AM (This post was last modified: 28-02-2017 11:58 AM by houseofcantor.)
(28-02-2017 11:48 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 11:43 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  And Daniel. Those fuckers were seriously tripping. But not Revelations, that's not a real poncho, that's a Sears poncho.

Someone on here posted some interesting info about magical mushrooms that could have been responsible for some of the visions. I'm not sure how much that hypothesis has been drawn out in scholarly research, but quite interesting in what the person presented in terms of artwork and writings etc. I'll see if I can find it.

I shall testify... drugs are definitely a short-cut to god.

There's this mofo... my stupid brain is grasping at names... gimme a minute...

EDIT already scrounged a link - linky

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-02-2017, 12:03 PM
(28-02-2017 11:54 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 11:48 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Someone on here posted some interesting info about magical mushrooms that could have been responsible for some of the visions. I'm not sure how much that hypothesis has been drawn out in scholarly research, but quite interesting in what the person presented in terms of artwork and writings etc. I'll see if I can find it.

I shall testify... drugs are definitely a short-cut to god.

Why have I not heard of this before?

"Shanon points out that the acacia tree, mentioned frequently in the Bible, contains one of the most psychedelic substances known to man. "

This shit is loaded with DMT. Hobo

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-02-2017, 12:03 PM
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  One thing that has made me convinced of the Devil (and God's) existence is the devil's Model D weaponry that he employs against the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBNc_LkMLY&t=308s

Since you people have turned your backs on God, you probably have other Gods to replace him. Ill bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?

Sensus Fidelium link, after spamming Bishop Barron...I literally lost almost all respect for you. Also the scientism link, that's almost bingo.

(28-02-2017 09:12 AM)Vera Wrote:  [Image: Dan-Barker-3.png]

You know, of all the Dan Barker quotes, if I've got the clip this is from right, I actually kind of appreciate it as a theist, that you didn't go with the "Hey do you want to live in my attic" story.

(28-02-2017 09:24 AM)mordant Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Since you people have turned your backs on God, you probably have other Gods to replace him. Ill bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?
This is so bad it's a caricature of the often juvenile and uninformed theist notions of atheists, so my assessment is that you're just trolling. Begone.

Honestly I'm not sure he is trolling, at least entirely. He reminds me a lot of the sorts of Catholics I'm in Facebook groups with.

(28-02-2017 09:36 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Also, it wasn't easy for me to realize I was an atheist after so long as a Baptist/Christian/theist. It was probably the hardest personal change I have ever gone through.

(28-02-2017 09:38 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Same here. It wasn't something I just decided one day. It was having the courage to look behind the curtain. Once you do that, religion falls apart.

Going from Baptist to Catholic wasn't easy either, though at least it was still in the same "family" more or less, and involved the same Trinity. So I somewhat can empathize there; spend time hearing how Catholics are all idolaters and such, and "the reason Jesus is still on their cross is because they don't believe He rose from the grave", and then peeling back what the Church taught instead, was a multi-year process and one of the hardest things in my life to accept and to tell others of. I was shaking with fear of "how will they react" when I told my parents, as an adult.

(28-02-2017 09:40 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Atheists have less character than the religious it seems, and barely care about their own actions or the affect they have on others.

My cousin is a proud atheist and since he does not care about God, he is a proud sinner.

He is selfish and hateful, and ridiculously petty. He seems to oppose doing the "right thing" even if it is in his best interest to do so.

His only moral compass or indeed aim in life is to get his "fix", his next drink, his next high, his next fuck. All that and nothing more.

I take one good long look at him and say "whew! Thank God I have Jesus and the Church"

I'm sorry about your cousin, man. Really am, but don't think that's necessarily to blame on the atheism. Our atheist colleagues here have been quick to turn out Cardinals involved in the sexual abuse scandals as examples. But even Saint Peter denied Christ three times. Saint Augustine wasn't an atheist, and was raised by a Christian mother, and did every sin in the book practically (and wrote Confessions to describe it and how God changed his life once he repented). Our people butchered the Cathars for theological disagreement and waged 500 years of religious wars in Europe over who was right theologically.

We have our own dark history on that front, and it still continues today, where people kill, maim, and abuse in the name of Christ...and that hurts me. And I'm sure it hurts you too, but it has to be something that is acknowledged. To say that our atheist friends have no care for others is objectively wrong, because if they didn't, then everyone would be enacting the movie The Purge 24/7. Empathy is a human thing, it's a mix of biological and sociological construct and can indeed be greatly informed by our faith, but is not solely informed by it. Whether one wants to say God has had a hand in crafting it to be what it is, is a matter of faith.

(28-02-2017 09:40 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Why would anyone want to join the likes of you?

Well, you all could hang out with me? Tongue I'll show myself out now on that joke...

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 7 users Like Shai Hulud's post
28-02-2017, 12:08 PM
(28-02-2017 12:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 11:54 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I shall testify... drugs are definitely a short-cut to god.

Why have I not heard of this before?

Your prophet is on the job. Big Grin

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-02-2017, 12:10 PM
(28-02-2017 12:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:40 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Why would anyone want to join the likes of you?

Well, you all could hang out with me? Tongue I'll show myself out now on that joke...

I could embarrass myself all day flirting with Aliza. Angel

living word
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
28-02-2017, 12:12 PM
The book is The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross by John M. Allegro.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
28-02-2017, 12:13 PM
(28-02-2017 12:08 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 12:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why have I not heard of this before?

Your prophet is on the job. Big Grin

Giraffes must wander around tripping their tiny brains out. No wonder they don't sleep.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-02-2017, 12:16 PM
(28-02-2017 09:40 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Atheists have less character than the religious it seems, and barely care about their own actions or the affect they have on others.

For that libel, I hereby claim your entire net worth as weregeld as compensation for the blackmail, torture, deaths and property losses suffered by my ancestors and their neighbours at the hands of the Catholic Church in 11th Century Norway.

I will rescind this demand on one condition: You must immediately offer an unconditional apology for your lie and never again in your lifetime utter such words. If I hear so much as a hint of a tu quoque or "but..." or "I'm sorry you feel that way," rather than "I'm sorry, I accept full responsibility for my words, and I swear that I will not do this again," you can bloody well lose house and home and spend the rest of your days in a rotting fridge box under a freeway overpass.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
[+] 7 users Like Astreja's post