Model D weaponry

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: Model D weaponry
(28-02-2017 09:05 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  One thing that has made me convinced of the Devil (and God's) existence is the devil's Model D weaponry that he employs against the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sBNc_LkMLY&t=308s

Since you people have turned your backs on God, you probably have other Gods to replace him. Ill bet you are into things like Drink,drugs, depression and despair.

Can't you see that Jesus is the cure for your ills?

Wow... I see what I missed today.

I haven't turned my back on God since I don't believe there is a God to turn your back on. You say that Atheists have less character but I would argue the opposite of your position. Most of the people that I've met on here (granted a short time compared to others) are the most accepting of others views.

You may not be aware but being Atheist does not make you a bad person. From the few posts that I read of yours (assuming you are not just trolling) makes me think that you have very little knowledge of just how diverse of a group of people we actually are. We may differ on certain subjects but the one constant that I've noticed between the members on here and my friends that are Atheist... we are about the most inclusive of all people.

So since I have less character (according to you) I suppose that makes me less of a person in your eyes correct? Would it surprise you that I've worked as a Firefighter / Paramedic for the largest city in our state for 23 years and have dedicated my life to helping others? I've seen things that I'd wager you've never seen nor would I wish you be exposed to the horrors I have personally witnessed. No matter the need, socioeconomic status, religious beliefs, race, origin, sex, sexual orientation, etc... I provide the same level of care because everyone deserves the best service when life and health are on the line. We are human beings. As Atheists we are not bound by a belief in a higher power but we are bound by a sharing of knowledge and understanding which seemingly you do not wish to discuss rationally.

If you are trolling please stop. If you would like to have a rational discussion I'm sure you would be welcome here.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like RearViewMirror's post
28-02-2017, 08:46 PM
(28-02-2017 09:25 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  You should have gone to a Catholic Church. Then you would have gotten real wine, though admittedly, just a sip

Eh. I was Lutheran for 30 years and got real wine. I gave it up when it stopped making sense to me. The world and the Bible both make a lot more sense if the Bible is viewed as Hebrew mythology.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
28-02-2017, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 06:36 AM by morondog.)
(28-02-2017 09:40 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  My cousin is a proud atheist and since he does not care about God, he is a proud sinner.

He is selfish and hateful, and ridiculously petty. He seems to oppose doing the "right thing" even if it is in his best interest to do so.

His only moral compass or indeed aim in life is to get his "fix", his next drink, his next high, his next fuck. All that and nothing more.

I take one good long look at him and say "whew! Thank God I have Jesus and the Church"

I think you take a good long look at him, realise you'll never be as successful or happy as him, experience a fit of jealous rage and invent reasons why you can feel superior to him. Thank God you do have Jesus and the Church, imagine if it was you out there having fun and not giving a shit what your holy Joe puritanical small-minded cousin thinks?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
01-03-2017, 02:32 AM
Another troll for the ignore list. Get a life man.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2017, 03:42 AM
(28-02-2017 07:54 PM)Alla Wrote:  TO VERA
Are you bilgarka?

Bulgaria. In 1990 I was in Varna for 3 months. To be more specific I was in Golden Sands (Zlati Pyastsi). I had the best time of my life. I met one Polish guy there , we were madly in love and when I was back home I told my husband (now ex-husband) that I had love affair and I can not live with him any more.
Bulgaria is beautiful country not to far from Ukraine. But people were not friendly when they heard me speaking Russian. They hated communism and Soviet Union.
I learned Bulgarian language very quickly.
I remember it was very confusing when Bulgarian people were saying "yes" or "no"
When they mean to say or say "no" they nod their heads if they would say "yes". And opposite when they mean to say or say "yes" they shake their heads like if they would say "no".

Haha, Alla, what a story! There is/was a saying here (and in Russia, really): Курица не птица, Болгария не заграница. Because a lot of Russian tourists came (and still come) here, but also, I think, because of how much our regime used to suck up to the Soviets.

Yeah, I guess right after the fall of communism, people didn’t like Russians (and anyone speaking Russian) very much. Plus, we have a really complicated history with them.

It is still stupid to hate all Russians and even more stupid, to hate a language. Though almost everybody from my generation and older thinks they can speak Russian… even when they really cannot. I went to a talk given by a Russian writer once and even though there was someone there to translate the questions from the audience, everyone insisted on asking directly in Russian… only, it was really Bulgarian, but with Russian endings. Hilarious and totally impossible for the poor Russian guy to understand.

I worked as a receptionist in a seaside hotel once and Russian guests LOVED me (maybe because I used to wear my hair in a braid Big Grin) and would come to the reception desk simply to chat… my Russian was rather rusty though, so it was hard work for me.

Golden Sands has become really bad (I think) - too many hotels and a LOT od very young, very drunk Scandinavian tourists these days...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
01-03-2017, 07:59 AM
(28-02-2017 09:12 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  http://www.thenewatlantis.com/publicatio...-scientism

Why can't you think for yourself?
01-03-2017, 08:00 AM
(28-02-2017 09:32 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:27 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You mean that Emma would have gotten real Jesus blood, right?

Thats right, and her booze fix as well.

https://churchpop.com/2015/06/28/5-extra...-pictures/

Seriously, being atheist is easier than having faith. Your only standard is your own, and you do not need to humble yourself for anyone or anything.

At least you people aren't agnostics. They are just lazy

And we aren't cannibals.
[+] 1 user Likes kemo boy's post
01-03-2017, 08:07 AM
(01-03-2017 08:00 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 09:32 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Thats right, and her booze fix as well.

https://churchpop.com/2015/06/28/5-extra...-pictures/

Seriously, being atheist is easier than having faith. Your only standard is your own, and you do not need to humble yourself for anyone or anything.

At least you people aren't agnostics. They are just lazy

And we aren't cannibals.

Gasp You mean I've been doing it wrong?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
01-03-2017, 08:17 AM
(01-03-2017 08:07 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(01-03-2017 08:00 AM)kemo boy Wrote:  And we aren't cannibals.

Gasp You mean I've been doing it wrong?

If neighbors aren't coming into the balcony to smoke after you had sex then yes, you're doing it wrong Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
01-03-2017, 08:22 AM
(28-02-2017 09:32 AM)ProudCatholic Wrote:  Seriously, being atheist is easier than having faith. Your only standard is your own, and you do not need to humble yourself for anyone or anything.

I think this is the only thing that I can agree with you on at the moment until you decide to have a rational discussion.

Being Atheist "to me" is easier since I have the ability to rely on myself and my actions and not be burdened by some nonexistent supreme being. I believe in myself completely. My moral compass points in the correct direction the majority of the time. The times that it doesn't I own up to my mistakes and correct them. No one is perfect but I feel no need to explain myself to a nonexistent being. I need to explain my actions to myself and improve upon those actions which may or may not have hurt another and do my best not to repeat those mistakes.

I could go into a laundry list of rational reasons that I do not believe but I've got a sneaking suspicion you wouldn't listen with an open mind. Most of us here are capable of doing just that.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 1 user Likes RearViewMirror's post