Model of the universe

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-05-2014, 01:44 AM
RE: Model of the universe
thanks for sharing. I will watch the whole thing later.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
09-05-2014, 06:03 AM
RE: Model of the universe
(08-05-2014 10:53 PM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(08-05-2014 10:47 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  All simulations are built upon models, in this case the laws of physics (as we currently understand them) extrapolated to the time and scale of the observable universe.

A simulation is just a model operating over time.

I put Our
As in, our exact universe.

Yeah, well I didn't say our universe. I said [b]the[/] universe, which is more vague. Tongue

No, it's not our universe, that would require actual knowledge of the exact state of our universe from when the simulation began. It is, however, an accurate portrayal of the matter contained within a section of universe that is that size. The simulation was only 350 million light years across. On scales of that size, our universe is fairly uniform in density and dispersal. Basically, what this has done is taken what we believed to be what the very young universe looked like and ran it is a simulation with what we believed to be the correct physics for how the universe would evolve. The fact that the evolution matched, very closely, to what we see in our universe means that our theories are right. Had they been wrong, even by a little, the result of the simulation would look much different and would progress in a different way than we would expect.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply