Model vs reality

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Model vs reality
Listening to Matt Dillahunty speak on why truth matters to an atheist, he says he wants his internal model of reality to match with reality so that bad information does lead to poor choices(something like that).

That sounds very much like me sitting on Facebook places editor or Google mapmaker to correct misinformation.

So I wondered if this is a common theme amongst atheists. Thoughts?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-07-2013, 01:12 PM
RE: Model vs reality
I tend to do that, but I'm not sure if it is because I am an atheist or if stupidity just pisses me off.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
25-07-2013, 01:15 PM
(25-07-2013 01:12 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I tend to do that, but I'm not sure if it is because I am an atheist or if stupidity just pisses me off.

Maybe you're putting the cart before the horse. Maybe we(you and I) are atheist because stupidity pissed us off.
25-07-2013, 01:21 PM
(25-07-2013 01:15 PM)Hitched_Gibson Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 01:12 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I tend to do that, but I'm not sure if it is because I am an atheist or if stupidity just pisses me off.

Maybe you're putting the cart before the horse. Maybe we(you and I) are atheist because stupidity pissed us off.

This is possible Thumbsup

Evolve
25-07-2013, 01:49 PM
I can't speak for atheists in general, but that's how I roll. I know that what I think is true is by no means true, so instead of fighting other people about how I am correct, I am always taking in new information and readjusting my beliefs - articles that challenge my perception of reality are my favourite type. My motto would be "What I believe is not as important as what is correct."

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
26-07-2013, 05:17 PM
I'd rather be wrong and adjust my view to conform to reality, rather than live a life believing in a lie.

So I do give and force my self to change no matter what that does to my ego.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
27-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Internally, I'd assume that's how we all realized our atheism. I'm speaking more to the changing models( facebook places editor and Google mapmaker are the two that I know of) in the tangible world.
27-07-2013, 01:13 AM
That's too complicated for me. I *do* know that if you go to the forum user map and look me up, you'll be looking in my window. And! If you read this next year, there'll prolly be a Gwynnies on the front of this house. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
27-07-2013, 02:58 AM
(25-07-2013 01:05 PM)Hitched_Gibson Wrote:  Listening to Matt Dillahunty speak on why truth matters to an atheist, he says he wants his internal model of reality to match with reality so that bad information does lead to poor choices(something like that).

That sounds very much like me sitting on Facebook places editor or Google mapmaker to correct misinformation.

if you clarify the terms you use in the question you will see the answer
an answer is the obvious, the obvious is objective clarity

which says the main value of truth and the inferiority of anyone to mean existence

what is reality and what conception right can it b ???

the element about choice in the question is pointing the end, any sane mind wants to see the positive value of truth, and not that reality could b bad or that what is true can end also as negative thing

reality is the relation between different positive present things in the perspective of reality being present too positively

so reality would b of positive truth

existence is certainly true at a certain level, like existing alone, which is necessary in form of positive present thing

now the fact that there is a truth that justify it, mean a possible constant realisations of all positive things in forms of positive present freedom too

which in a way point individuals conscious existence

true existence is objectivity value

what is clear of its own fact, is positive constancy, which might lead to freedom superiority or smthg else where then would break relation with positive constant

which is the case we can see of almost everyone choice, ownself positive life invention, or dream

so reality conception is about absolutes perspectives which ensure the end to reality of everything positive alone to positive also present reality

i guess this is what he meant as being able like me for instance to conceive alone a positive perspective, so as me too seeking true reality for right existence and being
27-07-2013, 03:42 AM
(27-07-2013 02:58 AM)absols Wrote:  
(25-07-2013 01:05 PM)Hitched_Gibson Wrote:  Listening to Matt Dillahunty speak on why truth matters to an atheist, he says he wants his internal model of reality to match with reality so that bad information does lead to poor choices(something like that).

if you clarify the terms you use in the question you will see the answer
an answer is the obvious, the obvious is objective clarity

That's as far as I got on your post. Why don't you tell me what "objective clarity" means, before I kill someone. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]