Moderate Muslims

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-03-2015, 07:53 PM
RE: Moderate Muslims
(17-03-2015 07:10 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  I do not know of Moslims expressly questioning the Koran.
There may be some... Who Knows?

I've had some interesting theological discussions with Arabs who identified themselves as Muslims but were clearly questioning their beliefs, including a translator whose main reason for working with the military was to earn sponsorship for immigration for that very reason. And always when they were absolutely sure nobody else was around. There are 13 countries in the world in which atheism is punishable by execution and half of these are in the middle east. Even in those where it isn't illegal, it is so taboo that it might as well be illegal. Israel is about the only place where it's publicly acceptable to be atheist.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
17-03-2015, 10:06 PM
(17-03-2015 07:53 PM)yakherder Wrote:  There are 13 countries in the world in which atheism is punishable by execution

Do you have list / link?

Cheers

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
17-03-2015, 10:35 PM
(17-03-2015 10:06 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 07:53 PM)yakherder Wrote:  There are 13 countries in the world in which atheism is punishable by execution

Do you have list / link?

Cheers

Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.

Some of these countries don't specifically state that atheism is illegal, but might instead have laws against abandoning Islam, making it effectively illegal for anyone who wasn't somehow already atheist.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discrimin...t_atheists
Scroll down to Contemporary Era: Islamic Countries

'Murican Canadian
17-03-2015, 11:32 PM
(17-03-2015 10:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 10:06 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Do you have list / link?

Cheers

Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.

Some of these countries don't specifically state that atheism is illegal, but might instead have laws against abandoning Islam, making it effectively illegal for anyone who wasn't somehow already atheist.

Thanks for the link.
17-03-2015, 11:38 PM
(17-03-2015 10:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 10:06 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Do you have list / link?

Cheers

Thanks for that.

I suspected as much.

So, do you think it a good idea to start Malaysia's first Atheist Meetup Group?

Dodgy

17-03-2015, 11:41 PM
(17-03-2015 11:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 10:35 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen.

Thanks for that.

I suspected as much.

Dodgy

That depends.....

How much ammo do you have???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
18-03-2015, 02:28 AM
(17-03-2015 11:41 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(17-03-2015 11:38 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Thanks for that.

I suspected as much.

Dodgy

That depends.....

How much ammo do you have???

Most of the people I know from Malaysia are Malaysian Chinese Christians living in New York. Though they tend to be the most religious of my Chinese friends, they seem open mind enough. I guess Malaysian Chinese Americans are hardly representative of Malaysian mainstream population :/

'Murican Canadian
18-03-2015, 03:36 AM
Religion worldwide is the biggest distraction to the real problem, global corporatism.
[/quote]

Agreed. The ruling elite use religion to maintain the status quo.
18-03-2015, 08:26 AM
(18-03-2015 02:28 AM)yakherder Wrote:  ...
I guess Malaysian Chinese Americans are hardly representative of Malaysian mainstream population :/

I think it's the Malaysian Chinese minority here (in Malaysia), who control much of the wealth, who are keeping the politics in the centre and away from this kinda thing.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post