Modern Art

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: Modern Art
(23-10-2012 11:00 AM)amyb Wrote:  that being said, meh. If I don't like it, I don't pay attention to it.
You weren't forced to look at this crap for hours and hours and hours on three seperate days because of your art course at school. Weeping

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2012, 01:34 PM
(23-10-2012 12:54 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 11:00 AM)amyb Wrote:  that being said, meh. If I don't like it, I don't pay attention to it.
You weren't forced to look at this crap for hours and hours and hours on three seperate days because of your art course at school. Weeping
I spent several years going to art school, so yeah, I sort of was. Maybe not these particular things, but things that also did not impress me. I had to go to the student galleries and attempt to appreciation lame "installations" for hours on end, and then discuss them. Looking at the installation art was probably the low point of my entire life. It was usually something like black paper stapled to all the walls and "deep" phrases written on it in fluorescent crayon, and then it was all lit by blacklight...

But I mean, now I am able to just look away.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-10-2012, 08:45 PM
I've only recently been getting into art. So I'm not familiar with many "modern" artists. But I quite like Mark Ryden.
[Image: rose.jpg]

[Image: zjxoi9.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Nevermore's post
26-10-2012, 11:13 AM
THIS is modern art!!

[Image: erx69.png]

You have to understand the art in this, understand the deepest meaning. What did HE want to tell us with this masterpiece?

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
26-10-2012, 02:34 PM
(23-10-2012 08:45 PM)Nevermore Wrote:  I've only recently been getting into art. So I'm not familiar with many "modern" artists. But I quite like Mark Ryden.

Of course you do. I'm sure you've spent many an hour jerking it to that painting. Laugh out load

26-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Okay since we (and by we I mean Nevermore) decicided to post stuff we like, here is my favorite modern (not modern the art movement) piece of art. I wanted to buy a signed print, but unlike some of his other stuff which was going for < $800 this was going for about 3 grand, and I was unwilling to part with that much cash for it...maybe one of these days.

[Image: Alex_Grey_Theologue.jpg]

Anyhow I like a lot of Alex Greys work though much of it is based on religion and spirituality. He is just a cool artist.

26-10-2012, 02:56 PM
First of all you don't *have* to buy it, or *own* it to appreciate it.
You "experience" it. It's not 100 % "rational".

I liked my piano teacher the most cuz he used to give me little lectures about the periods in which stuff was written, and why things were written the way they were. What you see and hear speaks volumes about what's valued, and assumed as "interesting", and "right", and beautiful", and bla bla bla.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
26-10-2012, 03:59 PM
(26-10-2012 02:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  First of all you don't *have* to buy it, or *own* it to appreciate it.
You "experience" it. It's not 100 % "rational".

I liked my piano teacher the most cuz he used to give me little lectures about the periods in which stuff was written, and why things were written the way they were. What you see and hear speaks volumes about what's valued, and assumed as "interesting", and "right", and beautiful", and bla bla bla.

No doubt, but I'd love to have in hanging on the wall. Been my favourite painting for many years and I still enjoy looking at it.