Modern physics has brought us nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2016, 05:50 AM
RE: Modern physics has brought us nothing
(29-02-2016 03:11 PM)julep Wrote:  Curious: is this your website?

http://www.tomatobubble.com/tesla_einstein.html

Check out the other "truths" they are selling on this website. "Planet Rothschild" Laughat

This thread should definitely be moved to "conspiracy theories"

@Op: Want an "ad hominem" from me?

Your drivel isnt worth one Evil_monster Laughat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
01-03-2016, 05:52 AM
(01-03-2016 04:57 AM)morondog Wrote:  You realise he had colleagues right?

Well, so?

Quote:That he published papers?

O yes, but without ginving credit where credit is due!

Quote:That he won the fucking Nobel prize?

Dh? Nobel prize for fucking ?? Wink

So what? He didn't deserve that at all.
btw the narcisisct Obama also got a Nobel prize, for peace godsake!
So, the Nobel price is a wirthless piece of shit.

Quote:How the fuck did he get away with "masquerading"?

inside help?

Quote: You fucks with your fucking conspiracy theories are a. fucking stupid b. vile.

And, yes!!! a new Ad hominem. They know no bonderies! lol
01-03-2016, 06:34 AM
You're stupid OP. Stupid as a matter of *fact*. It's not an ad hominem. Ad hominem would be if I used that to dismiss you. I dismiss you because you haven't backed up anything you've said. You are *diagnosed* as an idiot. Now kindly go fuck yourself.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
01-03-2016, 06:54 AM
(01-03-2016 06:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  You're stupid OP. Stupid as a matter of *fact*. It's not an ad hominem. Ad hominem would be if I used that to dismiss you. I dismiss you because you haven't backed up anything you've said. You are *diagnosed* as an idiot. Now kindly go fuck yourself.

Not an ad hominem?

wow! You are funny!

Of course it is girly, of course.
01-03-2016, 07:35 AM
(01-03-2016 06:54 AM)Tryffyuthaskan Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 06:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  You're stupid OP. Stupid as a matter of *fact*. It's not an ad hominem. Ad hominem would be if I used that to dismiss you. I dismiss you because you haven't backed up anything you've said. You are *diagnosed* as an idiot. Now kindly go fuck yourself.

Not an ad hominem?

wow! You are funny!

... still waiting for you to address in detail the arguments presented, Tryfuckinyoass.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
01-03-2016, 07:41 AM
nothing has ever brought anyone anything. That is the way of the universe.

So what?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
01-03-2016, 07:57 AM
(01-03-2016 06:54 AM)Tryffyuthaskan Wrote:  

Not an ad hominem?

wow! You are funny!

No, saying that an argument is wrong because the person appears to be an idiot is an ad hominem. Saying that somebody appears to be an idiot AND the argument is wrong or that somebody appears to be an idiot because their argument is wrong is not. Nuance is important. Not every insult is an ad hominem.

You seem to be under the impression that people think Einstein came out of nowhere, worked in a vacuum, and produced a perfected understanding of physics with no errors. There is no question that he started with the work that went before and that his theories have been refined and extended since his time. That doesn't detract from the contributions he made or the recognition of his brilliance. Tesla was also a very smart individual but, as was already noted, has a different focus and comparing the two doesn't make much sense to me. Tesla used the work of earlier scientists so if Einstein gets no credit for his work then Tesla deserves none for his either. I think both deserve a lot of credit and respect for the things they accomplished.

I frankly don't understand what your actual point is or why you have such a visceral dislike for Einstein.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
01-03-2016, 07:59 AM
(01-03-2016 06:54 AM)Tryffyuthaskan Wrote:  Not an ad hominem?

wow! You are funny!

An Ad Hominem fallacy is claiming that a person is wrong because of <insert personal attack>.

An Ad Hominem: "Smith's argument is wrong because he is a fucking idiot."

Not an Ad Hominem: "Smith's argument is wrong and he is a fucking idiot."

The difference can be as small as one word.
In his post, morondog specifically separated his assessment of your intelligence from his dismissal of your argument. Therefore it is not an ad-hominem fallacy.

ETA: Ha! unfogged beat me to it!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
01-03-2016, 08:02 AM
(01-03-2016 07:57 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I frankly don't understand what your actual point is or why you have such a visceral dislike for Einstein.

Given the quality of the posts so far, I sense an anti-Semitic tirade approaching...

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
01-03-2016, 09:06 AM
(01-03-2016 07:57 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 06:54 AM)Tryffyuthaskan Wrote:  Not an ad hominem?

wow! You are funny!

No, saying that an argument is wrong because the person appears to be an idiot is an ad hominem. Saying that somebody appears to be an idiot AND the argument is wrong or that somebody appears to be an idiot because their argument is wrong is not. Nuance is important. Not every insult is an ad hominem.

You seem to be under the impression that people think Einstein came out of nowhere, worked in a vacuum, and produced a perfected understanding of physics with no errors. There is no question that he started with the work that went before and that his theories have been refined and extended since his time. That doesn't detract from the contributions he made or the recognition of his brilliance. Tesla was also a very smart individual but, as was already noted, has a different focus and comparing the two doesn't make much sense to me. Tesla used the work of earlier scientists so if Einstein gets no credit for his work then Tesla deserves none for his either. I think both deserve a lot of credit and respect for the things they accomplished.

I frankly don't understand what your actual point is or why you have such a visceral dislike for Einstein.

In my experience lurking around conspiracy boards, this whole schtick about
"Einstein stealing Tesla's work" seems to be rooted in a Elder Protocols style antisemitism.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post