Modern physics has brought us nothing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2016, 02:49 PM
RE: Modern physics has brought us nothing
Hello! Big Grin

(22-02-2016 02:41 PM)Tryffyuthaskan Wrote:  That is how I came to this conclusion.

Here is the thing. ALL 'modern technology' was invented way way way

before there was any 'Modern Physics'

Modern Physics stole these things and call them their own!

THAT is what is going on.

E.g. The 'tranistor' was allegedly invented because of "Modern Physics", esp quantum physics.

O really?

How then came that the transistor was invented long before the quantum physics?

Okay... so, when were the various things you claim stolen actually invented and by whom? Consider

Also.. when was the theory of Quantum mechanics thought of and by whom? Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
22-02-2016, 02:55 PM
(22-02-2016 02:49 PM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Okay... so, when were the various things you claim stolen actually invented and by whom? Consider

various times of course, but before "Modern physics' came on the stage.

Nicola Tesla comes to mind, But there are a lot others!

Nicola Tesla invented x-rays, the light bul ( NOT edison!), radio ( NOT marconi),

wireless, and so on and so forth.

Nicola mocked Einstein and rightly so!

Compared with einstein was Tesla a mega genius!

Compare the patents of Tesla with those of Einstein and you will have a feel for the difference.

But there are more.
22-02-2016, 02:59 PM
(22-02-2016 02:55 PM)Tryffyuthaskan Wrote:  Various times of course, but before "Modern physics' came on the stage.

Nicola Tesla comes to mind, But there are a lot others!

Nicola Tesla invented x-rays, the light bul ( NOT edison!), radio ( NOT marconi),

wireless, and so on and so forth.

Nicola mocked Einstein and rightly so!

Compared with Einstein was Tesla a mega genius!

Compare the patents of Tesla with those of Einstein and you will have a feel for the difference.

But there are more.

So... Tesla who was kind of a contemporary of Einstein and Edison? Consider

Okay... so when was all this 'Before modern physics' time then?

Tesla was quite contemporary and 'current'. At least of last century. Consider

Also, I... don't think Tesla discovered X-rays. Am pretty sure some one else (Maybe French, ? Without a Google search) got there first?
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
22-02-2016, 03:03 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2016 03:09 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-02-2016 02:49 PM)Tryffyuthaskan Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 02:45 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sounds like someone's never heard of nuclear fission.
You seem to assume a lot and way too soon.

btw I assume you mean fusion?

No village idiot. I'm talking nuclear fission. Read a fucking book. Or just google it if you're too fucking lazy to read a book.

(22-02-2016 01:26 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 01:16 PM)Tryffyuthaskan Wrote:  I have studied physics/math at university level.

It doesn't count if you failed.

No wonder he failed. Probably was a reviewer of the Fleischmann and Pons paper.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-02-2016, 03:04 PM
(22-02-2016 02:37 PM)Tryffyuthaskan Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 02:22 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Don't suppose you've heard of a little thing called GPS?

I know it's kind of obscure and not well known...

Yes, I have of course heard of it. So?

Once again sarcasm fails through text. Some day I will find the correct method of wording to allow translation...

Anyway, GPS only works because the satellites involved take relativity into account during their calculations when obtaining a positioning solution (also the work of modern physics). If they didn't, their frame of reference would lead to drastically inaccurate results.

You claim in post #13 that relativity is not needed for GPS function, however this is contradicted by the aforementioned relativistic calculations done by the satellites; the calculations ensure that, by relativity, their clocks don't 'tick' faster than those of the users on Earth every day.
If their 'ticks' weren't in fact off relative to us, the way the calculations are done would ensure inaccurate GPS return results as the satellites would be subtracting time from themselves to match those of the users with the same relative 'tick speed'.

Unless of course the GPS satellites don't actually perform the calculations that they do and the universe isn't relativistic, and all learned people on the subject are lying about it...

As an aside; I humbly apologise to Unfogged for copying his point; he beat me to GPS and I failed to see his post.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
22-02-2016, 03:12 PM
(22-02-2016 03:04 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  As an aside; I humbly apologise to Unfogged for copying his point; he beat me to GPS and I failed to see his post.

I'll let it go.... this time...
Cool

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
22-02-2016, 03:14 PM
(22-02-2016 12:01 PM)Tryffyuthaskan Wrote:  That is right.

Modern physics hasn't brought us anything.

In define modern physics as starting when the village idiot einstein came 'to town'

with his more then ridiculous theories.

Thanks to einstein 'modern physics' stalled for about a hundred years.

Let's try this from a different angle...

what is ridiculous about Einstein's theories? what evidence do you have that he was wrong?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
22-02-2016, 03:16 PM
(22-02-2016 03:14 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 12:01 PM)Tryffyuthaskan Wrote:  That is right.

Modern physics hasn't brought us anything.

In define modern physics as starting when the village idiot einstein came 'to town'

with his more then ridiculous theories.

Thanks to einstein 'modern physics' stalled for about a hundred years.

Let's try this from a different angle...

what is ridiculous about Einstein's theories? what evidence do you have that he was wrong?

There's no point to this. He lost all credibility when he demonstrated his ignorance of nuclear fission vs. nuclear fusion.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-02-2016, 03:23 PM
(22-02-2016 03:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  There's no point to this. He lost all credibility when he demonstrated his ignorance of nuclear fission vs. nuclear fusion.

He never had any credibility to begin with.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
22-02-2016, 03:47 PM
(22-02-2016 02:41 PM)Tryffyuthaskan Wrote:  
(22-02-2016 02:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  You, sir, are an ignorant moron.

You are currently using the fruits of modern physics to communicate your drivel.

Read a book. Drinking Beverage

ignorant moron? lol, Just another stupid Ad Hominem in this strange and insane world!

I am NOT using the fruits of modern physics.

Read a book??? wow! you have NO idea how much I read! About ten-twenty a week!

You apparently either don't understand them or they are comic books. Drinking Beverage

Quote:That is how I came to this conclusion.

Here is the thing. ALL 'modern technology' was invented way way way

before there was any 'Modern Physics'

Modern Physics stole these things and call them their own!

THAT is what is going on.

E.g. The 'tranistor' was allegedly invented because of "Modern Physics", esp quantum physics.

The transistor was invented in the 1950s, quantum mechanics pre-dates that by decades.

Quote:O really?

How then came that the transitor was invented looooooooooooooooooonnggg before the quantum physics?

The transistor was invented in the 1950s, quantum mechanics pre-dates that by decades.

Quote:Right....

Read a real science or history book, not whatever garbage you claim to be reading.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post