Moisture Farms

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-04-2017, 10:41 PM
RE: Moisture Farms
So, if you sit next to it does it suck the moisture out of your skin thus causing chapped lips and wrinkled skin? Consider

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-04-2017, 10:46 PM
(18-04-2017 09:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(18-04-2017 08:05 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  You have two seasons, Flood and Fire. If you drifted out to sea and evolved a few more poisonous critters you'd be mistaken for Australia.

The components are relatively inexpensive. So long as the synthesis of the MOF isn't too costly it could well be within reach. We'd have said the same for ion-exchange resins 30 years ago but now we buy Brita filters for a few bucks at the grocery store.

You would be well served to visit the entire 1000+ mile length of California, on both sides of the mountains. Flood and fire doesn't even scratch the surface...and, BTW, you forgot Earthquake Season. Thumbsup

I didn't forget. Earthquake isn't a season, it's 24/7 365.25 days a year.

I'd love to visit California some time. I am aware that it isn't solely a barren wasteland. Some of the geology is truly amazing and I'm not referring to the quakes.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
18-04-2017, 11:02 PM
(18-04-2017 10:46 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(18-04-2017 09:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  You would be well served to visit the entire 1000+ mile length of California, on both sides of the mountains. Flood and fire doesn't even scratch the surface...and, BTW, you forgot Earthquake Season. Thumbsup

I didn't forget. Earthquake isn't a season, it's 24/7 365.25 days a year.

I'd love to visit California some time. I am aware that it isn't solely a barren wasteland. Some of the geology is truly amazing and I'm not referring to the quakes.

Go up to the Sierra Nevada Mountain range in California. It's beautiful. I grew up there.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-05-2017, 06:45 AM
Sniff, Sniff, Sniff.......

I smell bullshit.

Yes, yes this idea is pure bullshit.

Given the energy and performance requirements necessary for this kind of Peltier moisture capture system, it's an unreasonable and expensive design. For the money, you would be better off airdropping containers of tapwater into arid regions to provide drinkable water than using this device.

I had wanted to wax endlessly about this damn thing but Thunderf00t beat me to it.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
05-05-2017, 06:57 AM
(18-04-2017 05:55 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(18-04-2017 05:35 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  You could say they would be burning with excitement.

If it's not the Sandpeople, it's the Stormtroopers...Amiright?
Dodgy

You said the " S" word!!!

They prefer to be called Tusken Tatooinies...

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
05-05-2017, 09:33 AM
I already have a machine that pulls moisture out of the air. I call it an air conditioner.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
05-05-2017, 11:02 AM
(18-04-2017 06:06 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(18-04-2017 04:36 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Time to send Luke out to check on those condensers because researchers at Berkley and MIT have built a prototype.

https://phys.org/news/2017-04-device-air...d-sun.html

No moving parts and no electronics, just put it in the sun and watch it drip. The active ingredient pulls nearly 3 times its weight in water per day from air with as little as 20% humidity.

Needless to say, if they can scale up production for cheap then this could be a bit of a game changer from Third World water supplies to terraforming California into something habitable.

Laugh out load Just how bad do you think it is here in California that "terraforming" is required?

I think that this technology has legs, but may be too expensive for 3rd world countries.

California = Americans colon.
05-05-2017, 11:22 AM
Solar still anybody...

[Image: 27aec62b8e2096c49c6a06e09c234bfd.gif]

Worth about 10¢ and can produce (possibly) 1 litre of water per day—dependent on size of plastic sheet and amount of sunlight.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
05-05-2017, 12:37 PM
(05-05-2017 11:22 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Solar still anybody...

Worth about 10¢ and can produce (possibly) 1 litre of water per day—dependent on size of plastic sheet and amount of sunlight.

In the desert, one can urinate in the hole and collect the distillate. Taught in survival training. You can only do that so many times, though, as you will lose more due to sweating.
05-05-2017, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2017 01:22 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
(05-05-2017 11:22 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Solar still anybody...

No it cannot. Not water from thin air. If said device with a 1 m^2 area could be mounted over a stagnant pond with a resivoir designed to collect the distillate, then yes you could collect about 5-7 liters of distilled water per day. But not in an arid environment with no water source than from the air itself.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade