Molestation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2016, 01:11 PM
RE: Molestation
(15-10-2016 01:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 08:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Again I do agree that the man following her was creppy, yet again anyone following anyone is really creepy. Again I am not saying molestation and catcalling is good, but a bunch of people saying hello isn't harassment. Do you expect that men never speak or say hello to someone they find attractive?

These men are not saying "hello"to this girl so they could have a pleasant conversation about the philosopher Nietzsche. Get a clue.

Well what do you think if a man is interested in a woman he should do nothing.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2016, 01:11 PM
Let's see Donald Trump get groped and molested by Rosie O'Donnell. Then we'll see how he feels about people sexually abusing other people.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
15-10-2016, 01:13 PM
(15-10-2016 01:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't think your numbers will hold up at all.

There are no numbers on molestation, only on rape and sexual assault. One would assume that groping is more common because it is less criminalized. All statistics must be taken with a grain of salt on this subject - the occurrences are extremely under reported.

These stats will open the eyes for most of us:

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/victims...l-violence

It mentions the 1in5 statistic, something debunked a while ago. Can't say anything else about the rest but that one is false.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-10-2016, 01:14 PM
(15-10-2016 01:11 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 01:03 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  These men are not saying "hello"to this girl so they could have a pleasant conversation about the philosopher Nietzsche. Get a clue.

Well what do you think if a man is interested in a woman he should do nothing.

He perceives signals as to whether she is interested too. If she is not interested then he controls himself.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-10-2016, 01:15 PM
(15-10-2016 01:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 01:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  I don't think your numbers will hold up at all.

There are no numbers on molestation, only on rape and sexual assault. One would assume that groping is more common because it is less criminalized. All statistics must be taken with a grain of salt on this subject - the occurrences are extremely under reported.

These stats will open the eyes for most of us:

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/victims...l-violence

It mentions the 1in5 statistic, something debunked a while ago. Can't say anything else about the rest but that one is false.

Considering that the vast majority of rapes are not ever reported, the number is likely low. Ask women.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
15-10-2016, 01:16 PM
(15-10-2016 01:14 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 01:11 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well what do you think if a man is interested in a woman he should do nothing.

He perceives signals as to whether she is interested too. If she is not interested then he controls himself.

That I can agree with. If she is not interested in you just walk.

15-10-2016, 01:17 PM
This conversation makes me want to wear a burka. They are not all wrong. Sadcryface

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-10-2016, 01:19 PM
(15-10-2016 01:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 01:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  It mentions the 1in5 statistic, something debunked a while ago. Can't say anything else about the rest but that one is false.

Considering that the vast majority of rapes are not ever reported, the number is likely low. Ask women.

http://socawlege.com/truth-behind-1-5-wo...statistic/

15-10-2016, 01:25 PM
When I was about twenty, I was sitting on a friend's couch playing a guitar when his brother's friend just stood up, took his dick out, walked in front of me where I was sitting, and said "Hey Nate! Look!"

I never thought of it as assault until recently. I thought he was juat being a dick (no pun intended).

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
15-10-2016, 01:43 PM
(15-10-2016 12:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  well it does, humans don't bud offspring after all, sex is the only way for us to pass on our genes. To ensure the survival of your offspring, well some people lock their doors others buy guns, either way you children are safer.

Of course, sex is the only way to pass your genes when it comes to reproduction. Its indeed to first thing that needs to be done, but our instinct of reproduction doesn't stop there and isn't limited to it. Wanting to reproduce isn't just wanting to have sex, it can also be wanting to have kids.

(15-10-2016 12:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Now tell me, how well would a couple who don't get along raise a child? Not well. I understand what you have mentioned, but keep in mind just because it has more uses doesn't make it the number one use.

Indeed, we agree on this too. In the same fashion, its not because sex has a use for reproduction that it's its only role or even an important role in cases of sexual assaults and harrassment.

(15-10-2016 12:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I don't see it as a prank, but more like sexual frustration. I don't see a joke in groping. Most men group because the want to feel ass, many think such actions work. You would be surprised how many dumb asses think that.

The comparison with the prank might not have been the best. Groping isn't a joke. Its something that people do because they find it exciting and pleasant (its a sexual game). Many gropers are sexualy active people. Many of them have regular sexual partners. Unlike rapists, gropers are much more varied in terms of psychological profile. Some do it indeed to aliveate sexual frustration, but not all, not even most. Some do it on impulse, other "just for fun" and others to assert their power and authority (or gain status).

(15-10-2016 12:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well it does. Notice how it happens to attractive men and women, and not ugly ones. Such a prank would happen to everyone, but it doesn't. It does have a lot to do with sex, in fact I would say it is the only factor.

This is demonstrably wrong. People of all size, appereance and age have been groped. Those who are the most likely to be groped are teenagers and young adults, but, much like rape, anybody can and have been a target. Its not even that rare. Sexual abuse on elderly people are simply not as frequently reported by media and elders themselves have very few ways to report and talk about this issue unlike young adults. In fact, poor, fat, ugly people are much more vulnerable to sexual harrassment and groping than healthy, rich and pretty people since the former are much less likely to turn around and confront the gropper than the later (those groping for status also do it to humiliate their victims).

(15-10-2016 12:42 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well in long term yes. Some people have a fucked up way of doing it. What I am suggesting, why not find what in human nature makes people so wrong and flip it around to make a positive aspect from it.

While I agree with your intent and find it very wise, the complicated thing with that is that there is so much variable and such diversity in the gropers/pervs, both in terms of motives and justifications, (if you excuse the term) population that trying to reduce it to its most fundamental principles will lead faulty generalisation.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post