Molestation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2016, 03:34 PM
RE: Molestation
(14-10-2016 01:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 01:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Most guys don't cat call, most guys don't lean out of car windows and shout at girls.

Not all guys cat call, but many do. I would say more often than not, based on my experience. Mostly it's when women are by themselves or with another female.
Really?
I've only once been in a car where a guy leaned out the window and shouted at a girl. We were on our way to play a cricket game, he was quite an immature guy, and was just looking to show off with the rest of the team (i guess) by being silly.

Anyway, in my experience, much, much ,much more often then not, guys don't lean out of windows and shout at females. I do see many more dogs with their heads out of car windows than boys or men.
But then again, I live in a different country to you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
14-10-2016, 03:37 PM
How they bug you depends much on location. Construction sites are notorious - it's a sport, a competition it seems. But, the cat calls are just annoying. Groping is life changing.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-10-2016, 03:40 PM
(14-10-2016 01:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 01:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Most guys don't cat call, most guys don't lean out of car windows and shout at girls.

I've posted this before--watch. I would say most women in this thread would say they've experienced the same on a regular basis.
They did this experiment in Auckland as a result of the above.

[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
14-10-2016, 03:44 PM
I remember walking through Munich unfettered too. Long time ago. Except at night, all bets were off then.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-10-2016, 03:59 PM
(14-10-2016 03:40 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 01:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I've posted this before--watch. I would say most women in this thread would say they've experienced the same on a regular basis.

we've always wanted to visit NZ. Looks like we have proper taste Smile
That was real, you could tell at the end of it she was tired.
It reminded me of how men behave typically in Seattle. I work construction and have never seen somebody catcall or be an asshat.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
14-10-2016, 04:17 PM
(14-10-2016 03:40 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 01:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I've posted this before--watch. I would say most women in this thread would say they've experienced the same on a regular basis.

Lots of appreciative looks, but that was it, other than the two guys, both of whom weren't a bother. It's like that, where I live, pretty much. I don't see what happened in New York around here. But then, it's a small town, population ~100k people. Lots of police, fire and retired of the same, though.
14-10-2016, 04:58 PM
(14-10-2016 01:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My gay friends grab my package as a greeting. They tell me it's customary but I'm not so sure.

That's how my people shake hands, don't worry.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
14-10-2016, 05:00 PM
But seriously. It should be a no tolerance issue, gender irrelevant.
There's no excuse for it. If you're such a gross individual that you feel the need to cop a feel you deserve to spend some time behind bars getting groped yourself.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
14-10-2016, 05:21 PM
There is that expression - cop a feel. Part of our culture. Sounds harmless and normal. Boys will be boys and all that.

14-10-2016, 05:22 PM
I was in a sophomore in high school and was walking home on a Sunday afternoon when three older boys stopped the car beside me. Two of them got out and grabbed me and forced me into the car. One was grabbing and groping quite forcefully. I was trying to fight them off but they finally let me out of the car without something worse happening. I walked the rest of the way home and went to my room without saying anything to anyone.

Later someone called my mother to ask if I was okay. Whoever it was apparently drove by when this was happening but they didn't intervene. Mom asked if I was okay and I said yes. It was difficult to see these guys around for the next few years and to know that a couple of my friends dated them.

When I was a senior in high school a man who owned a local factory called the assistant principal at the school looking for someone to work part time who had bookkeeping skills...the asst. principal was the bookkeeping teacher...Sr. Mary Claire. She asked if I was interested in an interview. I was a good student in her class and the man who called was a pretty close acquaintance with my parents. I went to the interview and he ended up offering me money to tend to his needs 'since his marriage was rocky'. I didn't say anything to Sr. and my parents didn't believe he did that. Again, someone I saw a lot over the years and was even friends with his daughters. Not exactly a molestation but definitely and indecent proposal and I learned that I wasn't going to be believed over a fine, upstanding member of the community. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post