Molestation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2016, 05:28 PM
RE: Molestation
It's a private property issue. A woman's body is her private property. Some people don't seem to have any qualms about being tresspasers.

Front row seats for the Lancelot Link and the Evolution Revolution Reunion Tour!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2016, 05:28 PM
(14-10-2016 05:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I was in a sophomore in high school and was walking home on a Sunday afternoon when three older boys stopped the car beside me. Two of them got out and grabbed me and forced me into the car. One was grabbing and groping quite forcefully. I was trying to fight them off but they finally let me out of the car without something worse happening. I walked the rest of the way home and went to my room without saying anything to anyone.

Later someone called my mother to ask if I was okay. Whoever it was apparently drove by when this was happening but they didn't intervene. Mom asked if I was okay and I said yes. It was difficult to see these guys around for the next few years and to know that a couple of my friends dated them.

When I was a senior in high school a man who owned a local factory called the assistant principal at the school looking for someone to work part time who had bookkeeping skills...the asst. principal was the bookkeeping teacher...Sr. Mary Claire. She asked if I was interested in an interview. I was a good student in her class and the man who called was a pretty close acquaintance with my parents. I went to the interview and he ended up offering me money to tend to his needs 'since his marriage was rocky'. I didn't say anything to Sr. and my parents didn't believe he did that. Again, someone I saw a lot over the years and was even friends with his daughters. Not exactly a molestation but definitely and indecent proposal and I learned that I wasn't going to be believed over a fine, upstanding member of the community. Undecided

That's why women stay silent. Because they figure no one will believe them. Then, when somehow it becomes public that the guy is a creep, they feel safe to step forward. And - still most people won't believe them. Sadcryface

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-10-2016, 05:50 PM
When I was in middle school the science teacher would sometimes go up and down the aisles to check our work. From time to time he'd put his hand on one of the girls back and pop her bra strap. He did this to me. I still remember his name.....Mr Bell. All the girls talked about it and we all concluded that he was a perv. The stupid thing is that my dad was a school administrator and I didn't say a thing.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-10-2016, 06:08 PM
(14-10-2016 05:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  That's why women stay silent. Because they figure no one will believe them. Then, when somehow it becomes public that the guy is a creep, they feel safe to step forward. And - still most people won't believe them. Sadcryface

What Assault Victims Wait to Speak Out

“There's a burden from society upon people who speak out, she said."

http://www.livescience.com/56482-victims...0161014-ls

I asked my wife today if she has experienced such things, she wasn’t very specific and that worries me a bit.
This sexual assault topic makes my blood boil.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
14-10-2016, 06:11 PM
(14-10-2016 06:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 05:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  That's why women stay silent. Because they figure no one will believe them. Then, when somehow it becomes public that the guy is a creep, they feel safe to step forward. And - still most people won't believe them. Sadcryface

What Assault Victims Wait to Speak Out

I asked my wife today if she has experienced such things, she wasn’t very specific and that worries me a bit.

Probably she won't want to tell you. There is some shame connected to it that I can't explain. Most women never talk about it, not to each other either. That's exactly why I wanted to start this thread - here we can discuss any topic freely, including this one.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
14-10-2016, 06:16 PM
(14-10-2016 06:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 06:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  What Assault Victims Wait to Speak Out

Probably she won't want to tell you. There is some shame connected to it that I can't explain. Most women never talk about it, not to each other either. That's exactly why I wanted to start this thread - here we can discuss any topic freely, including this one.

I belong to a forum with a large population of women. This topic came up and it was so upsetting. Truly, truly upsetting. The stories were....not good. It made me wish my daughter was a male, because holy hell, so much awful treatment toward women starting from such a young age.
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
14-10-2016, 06:17 PM
(14-10-2016 06:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 06:08 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  What Assault Victims Wait to Speak Out

I was watching Anderson Cooper interview one of Trump's sexual assault victims. She was a single mom on a business trip and feared for her job if she said anything. She said she didn't say anything initially for that reason, but also wondered what she did wrong to make him act that way (for example, did she do *something* to lead him on). I think this happens as well--where women sometimes blame themselves and therefore are hesitant to report these acts.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-10-2016, 06:19 PM
I used to go to dances a lot in my teens and early twenties. There were a lot of big halls in the area where live bands would play. One night I was dancing with my date when someone grabbed by ass. Not a pinch but a full hand grab. I didn't even look but swung my fist backhand and hit him square in the face. Busted his lip and he started to lunge at me. Since my date didn't see what happened as it happened behind me he didn't react to the grab but when the guy lunged at me after I hit him he found out that my date was a black belt. But I got in the first hit and it felt pretty good.

Years later I worked for a readi-mix concrete company as the bookkeeper. I had three plant managers to keep up with. One of them would grab me and hug me when he came to drop off his paperwork. I hated that. I finally talked to the manager about it and that behavior stopped but there was a real chill in the air from the guy after that too.

Unfortunately this kind of crap happens too often without consequences.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
14-10-2016, 07:13 PM
Before this goes too much further, I move that this goes to the PI&S. Agreed? I've no problem with seeing this (except for the part where it shouldn't even have to be talked about).
15-10-2016, 05:28 AM
(14-10-2016 01:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 01:04 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Most guys don't cat call, most guys don't lean out of car windows and shout at girls.

I've posted this before--watch. I would say most women in this thread would say they've experienced the same on a regular basis.

This isn't the best video to use as an example.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube