Molestation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2016, 06:26 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2016 06:32 AM by Dom.)
RE: Molestation
(14-10-2016 07:13 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Before this goes too much further, I move that this goes to the PI&S. Agreed? I've no problem with seeing this (except for the part where it shouldn't even have to be talked about).

I thought carefully about where to post this. Since it is currently relevant to the conversation about: "Why don't women come out about molestation sooner", and it is a hot topic in politics, I decided to put it here.

Hardly anyone has PTSD from molestation, unlike rape. I am ready to move it anytime someone with a strong adverse reaction asks me to, but I find it very important that people who will read political posts, but not PI&S posts, get exposure to this thread because it provides a better understanding of the current political situation.

Hiding this thread in the PI&S section just perpetuates the taboo of speaking out loud about molestation.

Yes, it's uncomfortable. It IS very uncomfortable. I don't think that it should be hidden because of that. Quite the opposite, it is meant to wake some people up to reality.

Molestation happens to the vast majority of little girls and grown women alike, and it needs to stop.

You can't stop something no one wants to talk about. Then everything will stay the same, and women will continue to be silent and endure this shit.

"Copping a feel" is not justified because "boys will be boys". And women need to be confident enough to shout it from the roof tops. Shouting about it in the political section of a message board at a time when the topic is politically relevant is just a teeny tiny step towards that.

The Trump molestation tape is what will make him lose the election for sure. Same as what happened to Cosby. It's not just because of the women coming forward, it's because the rest of us remember similar situations. Women will stop Trump. And this thread is about why that is so.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
15-10-2016, 07:04 AM
(15-10-2016 05:28 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(14-10-2016 01:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I've posted this before--watch. I would say most women in this thread would say they've experienced the same on a regular basis.

This isn't the best video to use as an example.

Why is that? I was explaining what women experience with cat calls and being followed and sexually harassed simply by walking down the street. It is what I and many of my female friends and many of the women in this thread have said they also experience. Why would this not be a good video to share as an example if it is based on collective female experiences?
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
15-10-2016, 07:08 AM
(15-10-2016 07:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 05:28 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  This isn't the best video to use as an example.

Why is that? I was explaining what women experience with cat calls and being followed and sexually harassed simply by walking down the street. It is what I and many of my female friends and many of the women in this thread have said they also experience. Why would this not be a good video to share as an example if it is based on collective female experiences?

I agree. It demonstrates a mindset that somehow these men think that no attention is unwanted. Given a little alcohol and the cover of darkness, these same men are likely to touch instead of hassle verbally. It is like bringing social vampires into the light.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
15-10-2016, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2016 07:43 AM by jennybee.)
(15-10-2016 07:08 AM)skyking Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 07:04 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Why is that? I was explaining what women experience with cat calls and being followed and sexually harassed simply by walking down the street. It is what I and many of my female friends and many of the women in this thread have said they also experience. Why would this not be a good video to share as an example if it is based on collective female experiences?

I agree. It demonstrates a mindset that somehow these men think that no attention is unwanted. Given a little alcohol and the cover of darkness, these same men are likely to touch instead of hassle verbally. It is like bringing social vampires into the light.

Yeah, I wish this video was not a good example--but unfortunately, it is. I have lived in the city and now I live in a smaller town. The fairly recent incident I talked about in my earlier post about the man (who I did not know, never met before in my life) who came up to me from behind and put his arm around me, not letting me go, and started flirting with me happened in broad daylight, in the middle of the day, in a small town, in a grocery store parking lot, and I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-10-2016, 08:29 AM
(15-10-2016 07:38 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 07:08 AM)skyking Wrote:  I agree. It demonstrates a mindset that somehow these men think that no attention is unwanted. Given a little alcohol and the cover of darkness, these same men are likely to touch instead of hassle verbally. It is like bringing social vampires into the light.

Yeah, I wish this video was not a good example--but unfortunately, it is. I have lived in the city and now I live in a smaller town. The fairly recent incident I talked about in my earlier post about the man (who I did not know, never met before in my life) who came up to me from behind and put his arm around me, not letting me go, and started flirting with me happened in broad daylight, in the middle of the day, in a small town, in a grocery store parking lot, and I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Well think about it like this. First it is only 3 minutes for 10 hours. Second, in the video only two instiances could I say were bad was the man who said say thank you and the man following her. The rest were off remarks. Now it would be one thing if each man followed her and kept it up, but most said hi called her pretty and when she didn't respond didn't do anything else. This isn't me justifying people following each other or even cat calling, but to avoid another extreme of punishing men for what one woman would call harassment, even when it isn't harassment.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-10-2016, 08:36 AM
(15-10-2016 08:29 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 07:38 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, I wish this video was not a good example--but unfortunately, it is. I have lived in the city and now I live in a smaller town. The fairly recent incident I talked about in my earlier post about the man (who I did not know, never met before in my life) who came up to me from behind and put his arm around me, not letting me go, and started flirting with me happened in broad daylight, in the middle of the day, in a small town, in a grocery store parking lot, and I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

Well think about it like this. First it is only 3 minutes for 10 hours. Second, in the video only two instiances could I say were bad was the man who said say thank you and the man following her. The rest were off remarks. Now it would be one thing if each man followed her and kept it up, but most said hi called her pretty and when she didn't respond didn't do anything else. This isn't me justifying people following each other or even cat calling, but to avoid another extreme of punishing men for what one woman would call harassment, even when it isn't harassment.

I wish I could make you experience that, just for a few minutes, the way women do. It's is SCARY as shit. You grow walls around you, walk quickly without looking at anything or anyone, just to get away before something happens. It's terrorizing someone.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-10-2016, 08:40 AM
(15-10-2016 08:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 08:29 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Well think about it like this. First it is only 3 minutes for 10 hours. Second, in the video only two instiances could I say were bad was the man who said say thank you and the man following her. The rest were off remarks. Now it would be one thing if each man followed her and kept it up, but most said hi called her pretty and when she didn't respond didn't do anything else. This isn't me justifying people following each other or even cat calling, but to avoid another extreme of punishing men for what one woman would call harassment, even when it isn't harassment.

I wish I could make you experience that, just for a few minutes, the way women do. It's is SCARY as shit. You grow walls around you, walk quickly without looking at anything or anyone, just to get away before something happens. It's terrorizing someone.

Again I do agree that the man following her was creppy, yet again anyone following anyone is really creepy. Again I am not saying molestation and catcalling is good, but a bunch of people saying hello isn't harassment. Do you expect that men never speak or say hello to someone they find attractive?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
15-10-2016, 08:42 AM
(15-10-2016 08:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 08:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  I wish I could make you experience that, just for a few minutes, the way women do. It's is SCARY as shit. You grow walls around you, walk quickly without looking at anything or anyone, just to get away before something happens. It's terrorizing someone.

Again I do agree that the man following her was creppy, yet again anyone following anyone is really creepy. Again I am not saying molestation and catcalling is good, but a bunch of people saying hello isn't harassment. Do you expect that men never speak or say hello to someone they find attractive?

You can't be that dense, so maybe you are just that young. These people weren't trying to strike up a conversation just to be nice, the sexual intent is obvious.

[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
15-10-2016, 08:49 AM
(15-10-2016 08:29 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 07:38 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, I wish this video was not a good example--but unfortunately, it is. I have lived in the city and now I live in a smaller town. The fairly recent incident I talked about in my earlier post about the man (who I did not know, never met before in my life) who came up to me from behind and put his arm around me, not letting me go, and started flirting with me happened in broad daylight, in the middle of the day, in a small town, in a grocery store parking lot, and I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

I agree with Dom. I can't tell you how scary that is *for a woman* unless you experience it. Watching what this woman went through--I was scared for her.

3 minutes of being sexually harassed (including being followed) in a ten hour period is still way too much. You are also assuming they didn't edit much more out.

When a man makes comments like that to a woman *especially a woman they don't even know* it becomes very scary because your mind starts to race to "What else are they going to do?" You worry about possibly being further harassed, being followed, inappropriately touched, or worse. Why? Because when men cat call it is sexually charged and therefore, becomes an extremely scary situation for the woman. You add the fact that most women have already been touched and followed and harassed on various other occasions and then maybe you can understand the fear when a random man tells you you are pretty while ogling your body.
15-10-2016, 08:54 AM
(15-10-2016 08:40 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 08:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  I wish I could make you experience that, just for a few minutes, the way women do. It's is SCARY as shit. You grow walls around you, walk quickly without looking at anything or anyone, just to get away before something happens. It's terrorizing someone.

Politely saying hello and telling someone they are attractive while their eyes walk all over you are two completely different things. If I was on a train and the person sitting next to me, was a male and politely started up a conversation based on a book I had with me or something of that nature--no problem. If that same man out of the blue told me I was attractive, I would be creeped out and try to get away from him as soon as possible.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post