Moments that make you think.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2013, 05:51 AM
Moments that make you think.
I've just got back from town. Whilst I was there I stopped at a little cafe I normally go to, ordered a coffee and then went and sat outside to watch the world go by whilst having a cigarette. I like to observe people and life around me and I watched numerous people go by... all living there own individual life's going about whatever business they had to do.

Not many people looked that happy today, maybe its because its cold, maybe because its coming up to the end of the month and people are skint from Christmas... it could be a multitude of reasons or maybe none at all.

I then noticed a middle aged woman walking along, she was blind as she had a white stick that she was using to scan the pavement before her...she had the biggest smile on her face out of anybody I have seen for a long time.

That really stuck out to me, how she must really be struggling with the ice yet here she was.... sticking out looking if im honest, out of place with her smile. It kind of hit home for me how I am going through some of my own problems, things that I know will eventually be sorted, yet here she was, blind and probably the most vulnerable out of anybody around her yet she was happy. She looked the happiest out of anyone.

I would of loved to have asked her why.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like bemore's post
23-01-2013, 06:06 AM
RE: Moments that make you think.
Maybe because she can't see all the frowns and worried faces around her?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
23-01-2013, 06:07 AM
(23-01-2013 06:06 AM)Vera Wrote:  Maybe because she can't see all the frowns around her?
That thought did cross my mind.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
23-01-2013, 06:12 AM
But I've often thought about it, too. People here also look very glum, don't smile so much and when they look at you, it's as if they're only looking for faults and something to hate. Unlike Sweden, where if you catch someone looking at you, they smile. Same in Brazil, with all their problems (and they have lots), they're so full of life and, more importantly, love of life. Sad really, when people only choose the bad...

23-01-2013, 06:17 AM
I have heard tale that if ones eyes stop functioning, the other senses pick up the pace.

It would be interesting to hear and smell and feel rather than simply see. Perhaps that is why the woman smiled?
Perhaps it is simply because she cannot see the ugliness that inhabits this world.
Maybe she got some good news.

Or perhaps we are simply being fanciful about our imaginings of this one woman?

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
23-01-2013, 06:19 AM
(23-01-2013 06:12 AM)Vera Wrote:  But I've often thought about it, too. People here also look very glum, don't smile so much and when they look at you, it's as if they're only looking for faults and something to hate. Unlike Sweden, where if you catch someone looking at you, they smile. Same in Brazil, with all their problems (and they have lots), they're so full of life and, more importantly, love of life. Sad really, when people only choose the bad...
I feel the same way. I sometimes think that i'm making broad sweeping generalizations when I think that but I do wonder what the world is going to be like when Im a lot older. People do seem to walk around looking at the floor, avoiding eye contact and keeping themselves to themselves. Not everybody.... but the huge majority.

Its like people are stopping caring to some degree.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
23-01-2013, 06:19 AM
(23-01-2013 06:17 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Or perhaps we are simply being fanciful about our imaginings of this one woman?
No shit! And I thought we actually knew why she was smiling Dodgy

23-01-2013, 06:21 AM
Verily!

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
23-01-2013, 06:25 AM
(23-01-2013 06:19 AM)bemore Wrote:  I feel the same way. I sometimes think that i'm making broad sweeping generalizations when I think that but I do wonder what the world is going to be like when Im a lot older. People do seem to walk around looking at the floor, avoiding eye contact and keeping themselves to themselves. Not everybody.... but the huge majority.

Its like people are stopping caring to some degree.
Yeah, the world seems to be becoming an angrier, gloomier place. It's no longer cool to smile or like people or the small things around you. Much cooler to pretend it's all doom and gloom.

And some people honestly focus only on the bad. But it is also a cultural thing. I know it's a cliché, but as a rule, Southern nations tend to be more positive (we're an exception) and friendly.

And in our big cities we're mostly alone. So yeah, why should you care about those you don't know... and you'll never know them if you don't care enough to try. It's a vicious circle...

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
23-01-2013, 07:04 AM
Well, I've been thinking about a whole different things these last days. Unfortunately, my 93 year old grandmother is dieing... Yes, yes, she is old, she lived her life good, she has a nice family, the years are over the top, concerning that she had a bad heart for the last 40 years. Now here is my thinking about this, this is to all those who believe in their lovely Allmighty. So here we have a good Christian lady, old, with a bad heart. And there she lives here life day at a time. So a few years back her son (my uncle) dies and I move in to live with her. We were always very close, she raised me while my parents were working and similar stuff, that good grandmothers do. The loss of her son was a huge impact on her, specially on her health and yet she shrugged it off as best she could and she continued to live. A few years before that she fell and broke her hip. In those years most people loose hope and don't get up from bed, but not her...

To cut the story short, last month she got a lovely new diagnose, a fucking cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma. So I'm thinking, where is this "God" person everyone keeps talking about? Why in the fuck was it necessary for her to get cancer now? Could she not just die from her heart in her sleep, because, she is 93 years old, instead of being on morphine now, delusional from the drugs, in pain?

Here is a challenge for you fucking theists (sorry KC), answer me this, and whoever say "The Lord works in mysterious ways", I swear I will come there and kick you around the block in your balls till you get cancer. Where was the purpose for this cancer, now?

I fucking hate religion now. Extra.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 3 users Like Filox's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  SC-- can't make this shit up….does this qualify as a Darwin award? Bows and Arrows 38 511 17-05-2014 06:32 PM
Last Post: TheGulegon
  Make sure you wear a helmet. Drunkin Druid 1 44 27-03-2014 10:28 AM
Last Post: Magoo
Smile How can I make my post better? Metazoa Zeke 36 618 08-02-2014 01:37 AM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
  I want to make someone's day. undergroundp 24 438 04-02-2014 08:19 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Share your Embarrassing Moments Cathym112 14 387 11-01-2014 04:03 PM
Last Post: Slowminded
  People make me so pissed Ferdinand 6 320 24-12-2013 07:56 PM
Last Post: Bows and Arrows
  The Silly Moments Thread cheapthrillseaker 0 115 22-12-2013 02:56 PM