Moments that make you think.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2013, 07:10 AM
RE: Moments that make you think.
(23-01-2013 07:04 AM)Filox Wrote:  Well, I've been thinking about a whole different things these last days. Unfortunately, my 93 year old grandmother is dieing... Yes, yes, she is old, she lived her life good, she has a nice family, the years are over the top, concerning that she had a bad heart for the last 40 years. Now here is my thinking about this, this is to all those who believe in their lovely Allmighty. So here we have a good Christian lady, old, with a bad heart. And there she lives here life day at a time. So a few years back her son (my uncle) dies and I move in to live with her. We were always very close, she raised me while my parents were working and similar stuff, that good grandmothers do. The loss of her son was a huge impact on her, specially on her health and yet she shrugged it off as best she could and she continued to live. A few years before that she fell and broke her hip. In those years most people loose hope and don't get up from bed, but not her...

To cut the story short, last month she got a lovely new diagnose, a fucking cancer, non-Hodgkin lymphoma. So I'm thinking, where is this "God" person everyone keeps talking about? Why in the fuck was it necessary for her to get cancer now? Could she not just die from her heart in her sleep, because, she is 93 years old, instead of being on morphine now, delusional from the drugs, in pain?

Here is a challenge for you fucking theists (sorry KC), answer me this, and whoever say "The Lord works in mysterious ways", I swear I will come there and kick you around the block in your balls till you get cancer. Where was the purpose for this cancer, now?

I fucking hate religion now. Extra.

[Image: 3qrihf.jpg]

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
23-01-2013, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 23-01-2013 09:25 AM by Vera.)
Sorry to hear about that, Filox. I'm kinda going through a similar thing right now... not the same, but along the same lines, so I can imagine how you must feel. And yeah, gets you thinking about religion and how unbelievably fragile and strong we are at the same time. Also, the fact that humankind has managed to survive millennia of religion without being crushed down completely and irrevocably, is proof enough of the strength of our spirit. Sadly, being the stubborn cancer that it is, religion refuses to die, even though it's been on its deathbed for too long now.

I hope your grandmother gets to go away peacefully and painlessly Hug

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
23-01-2013, 11:33 AM
I was gonna make a joke but they always seem to make people cry. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-01-2013, 03:18 PM
(23-01-2013 11:33 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I was gonna make a joke but they always seem to make people cry. Drinking Beverage

It's ok, go ahead...

Thumbsup

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-01-2013, 04:15 PM
(23-01-2013 06:19 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(23-01-2013 06:12 AM)Vera Wrote:  People do seem to walk around looking at the floor, avoiding eye contact and keeping themselves to themselves.
Damn, that's exactly what I caught myself doing the other day.
I realized I had done that since hubby passed away, I just didn't want to talk to people.
I got to get back to normal with that, I wasn't even aware I was doing it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-01-2013, 05:58 AM
Oh yeah, one more interesting detail about miracles... 6 months ago a doctor said to my grandmother that her heart is so weak that she could not even hear the rhythm, all she could hear was some hum and hiss. The reason for that is calcification of her veins and heart, due to old age. That is irreversible, there is no treatment for that. Then, when she got this cancer and the doctor listened to her once more, she was stunned when she could hear the silent, but present heart rhythm. This could be called a miracle, but only to be the miracle that will prolong the suffering.

So I ask again, what's up? How in your right mind can anyone believe in any Gods? Are these the miracles everyone talks about? Is this the Gods healing hand, everyone keeps talking about? Is this the miracle salvation, only to cause more pain? WTF is wrong with people, how can anyone believe in a sadistic piece of shit like that? At least have the decency and call yourself Satanists, not Christians...

Fuck.

And no, I am not going all agnostic on you, I know this has nothing to do with any God or higher power, this is just to prove my point, concerning those who do believe in similar shit.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
24-01-2013, 06:09 AM
Hum and hiss? Sounds more like a guitar amp than a heart. Blink

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
24-01-2013, 06:35 AM
Yeah, well maybe not humming, but a hissing sound is pretty accurate description. Your heart muscles and veins don't contract anymore, instead of being soft tissue, they become harder and harder. In the end, you practicly loose that tu-dum rhythm everyone's heart has all you can hear is hhhhsssssssshhhhsssssssssshhhhhssssssss... The sound of liquid passing through narrow space, but in a constant, without peak pressure.

Better now?

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
24-01-2013, 06:37 AM
That sounds about right.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
24-01-2013, 06:38 AM
And from now on it's DR. Filox, OK? Let me hear you: DOCTOR!

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson