Momzilla....again.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-09-2017, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2017 09:36 AM by Anjele.)
Momzilla....again.
I swear I don't know it this is a plea for some advice or a rant. Censored

While I sit here trying to figure out what my physical limits are from the heart attack...I get added stress compliments of my mother.

I have figured out that about half a day of activity if all I can manage and after being sort of busy Tuesday thru Thursday I sort of crashed and burned yesterday. I really need to pace myself better.

So, anyway...my mother who I have been estranged from for years is on another pity party. The stress she is causing me is more about how much stress and heartache she is causing my aunt and my siblings.

A couple days ago my aunt made mom call 911 herself. She told the 911 operator that she was suffering from alcohol poisoning. When the police arrived she stated that she didn't want to live any more which meant the officers had no choice but to take her to the hospital. After a day or so in the ICU she has been transferred to a psychiatric and addiction facility in Raleigh, NC...a quick internet search reveals some pretty damning reviews of the place.

Momzilla's blood alcohol content was .2. Yeah, two and a half times the legal limit in most places. This is far from the first time she has done this. Between the booze and the pills she takes she is a damn mess. Apparently she has been quite belligerent at the hospital and at one point stated that she didn't know why she was in the hospital in the first place. My aunt told me this morning that mom stated she needed to get home as she has three young children...yeah, no...I am 60, my sister just turned 54, and my brother turned 51 last month. She even had to have a bottle of pills wrestled from her that she had in her purse by my aunt and the nurse that was on guard in the room.

Now, even if I thought it would do any good, I am not healthy enough to make a trip to NC to deal with her in this state. My sister says she has had enough and my brother, who has a medical power of attorney, isn't likely to make the trip unless forced in some way.

Mind you, she is 77...this is not the first time by a long shot that we have dealt with this mess. It never ends...the kicker is that she is using the fact that I had a heart attack to explain why got in this shape, again.

So...I am stressed and upset and I know it's not doing me any good. I keep waiting for the other drunken shoe to drop.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
16-09-2017, 09:27 AM
RE: Momzilla....again.
Hug

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
16-09-2017, 09:37 AM
Oh, wow. Just wow. You need to distance yourself from that. Your siblings must recognize that you're not in a condition to deal with this. If they don't recognize that make them recognize it.

Hug
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
16-09-2017, 09:38 AM
(16-09-2017 09:21 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I swear I don't know it this is a plea for some advice or a rant. Censored

While I sit here trying to figure out what my physical limits are from the heart attack...I get added stress compliments of my mother.

I have figured out that about half a day of activity if all I can manage and after being sort of busy Tuesday thru Thursday I sort of crashed and burned yesterday. I really need to pace myself better.

So, anyway...my mother who I have been estranged from for years is on another pity party. The stress she is causing me is more about how much stress and heartache she is causing my aunt and my siblings.

A couple days ago my aunt made mom call 911 herself. She told the 911 operator that she was suffering from alcohol poisoning. When the police arrived she stated that she didn't want to live any more which meant the officers had no choice but to take her to the hospital. After a day or so in the ICU she has been transferred to a psychiatric and addiction facility in Raleigh, NC...a quick internet search reveals some pretty damning reviews of the place.

Momzilla's blood alcohol content was .2. Yeah, two and a half times the legal limit in most places. This is far from the first time she has done this. Between the booze and the pills she takes she is a damn mess. Apparently she has been quite belligerent at the hospital and at one point stated that she didn't know why she was in the hospital in the first place. My aunt told me this morning that mom stated she needed to get home as she has three young children...yeah, no...I am 60, my sister just turned 54, and my brother turned 51 last week. She even had to have a bottle of pills wrestled from her that she had in her purse by my aunt and the nurse that was on guard in the room.

Now, even if I thought it would do any good, I am not healthy enough to make a trip to NC to deal with her in this state. My sister says she has had enough and my brother, who has a medical power of attorney, isn't likely to make the trip unless forced in some way.

Mind you, she is 77...this is not the first time by a long shot that we have dealt with this mess. It never ends...the kicker is that she is using the fact that I had a heart attack to explain why got in this shape, again.

So...I am stressed and upset and I know it's not doing me any good. I keep waiting for the other drunken shoe to drop.

You need to take care of you! Been there, done that with an ex that was quite similar. The only viable option is to keep away and let them fail and that is when you are totally healthy. In your case it is doubly so and keeping your stress level as low as possible is necessary to you getting healthy. Hope that didn't sound too harsh. Love ya Anj! Heart

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
16-09-2017, 09:43 AM
What an awful situation, sounds like you don't need this right now, I hope things calm down for you.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
16-09-2017, 09:57 AM
I think you need to be selfish for once...think only of what you need to do to recover.

Having a heart attack is one of those life events that gives people the right to think solely about their needs, and whatever is happening out there in the world that you can't or don't want to deal with just turn it off. It can wait.

...and don't you feel guilty about it.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 4 users Like unsapien's post
16-09-2017, 10:01 AM
Your mother's decision to drink is her own. You can't own it for her. Tune her out and keep your eye on the ball.
[+] 6 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
16-09-2017, 10:12 AM
(16-09-2017 09:37 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Oh, wow. Just wow. You need to distance yourself from that. Your siblings must recognize that you're not in a condition to deal with this. If they don't recognize that make them recognize it.

Hug
Good luck with that. I've known dogs with better character than my sister.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
16-09-2017, 11:04 AM
Somehow, some way...mom has figured out how to be released today.

Yesterday they wouldn't let her have a phone in her room because she was on suicide watch and she could hang herself with the cord. Today they are sending her home...alone and unsupervised.

WTAF....our medical system is so screwed up.

Now I need a tranquilizer. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
16-09-2017, 11:08 AM
(16-09-2017 11:04 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Somehow, some way...mom has figured out how to be released today.

Yesterday they wouldn't let her have a phone in her room because she was on suicide watch and she could hang herself with the cord. Today they are sending her home...alone and unsupervised.

WTAF....our medical system is so screwed up.

Now I need a tranquilizer. Sadcryface

Heart Ignore, ignore if you can!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post