Moral Crisis

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: Moral Crisis
(29-11-2013 01:23 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 01:17 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  He is 9 years old and doesn't speak or write English. Everything I say will be read by christians and then translated before he knows anything about it. That is part of why I hesitate to say anything.

I was thinking the same thing.
So....... I could be wrong of course But if I were in your shoes I'd keep ONE thing in mind:
HE is the priority right now - Not you nor your beliefs or lack thereof.
He is.
So --- since he was "saved" from utter poverty or destruction under the guise of christian charity - that's really special to him right now. Plus, he's a little bit too young to be bombarded with theories, questions of such magnitude. Heck my grandkids live Right Here under foot and I don't discuss religion with them.

I'd not lie and say "yes I go to church". So... dont be a liar in his life. Just be savy and always bear in mind HIS world........the world were HE lives and what impacts Him in any and all your communications and I think you'll be just fine.
A few years down the road you and he can have *the* conversation you need to have. Right now isn't the time.

By the way I admire that you struggle with this and came to ask how others might view this. Shows you care and are not so self centered that only YOUR ideas matter.

cheers

(my crystal ball says this will go Just Fine -- *snicker*)Thumbsup

I feel the same way. He is the priority and I know he won't understand. I also don't want to destroy the hope that religion offers other people even though I just can't agree with what they are being taught. I need to make much smarter choices about where I will give in the future but at the time I started sponsoring him, I did agree.

Also, I admire the replies of people on this forum because they have a heart and mind. Both of them are required to love anyone whether it be animal, human, or God if he does exist.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Those letters aren't sent by the kids. 85% of the money supports the ministry and the paltry 15% might buy food or a few clothes. Foreign kids don't understand English. Those letters are to keep the benefactor dipping into his wallet.
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2013, 04:55 PM
(29-11-2013 01:17 PM)chandlerklebs Wrote:  
(29-11-2013 01:08 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  I would gauge my suggestions based on the boy's age. How old is he?

He is 9 years old and doesn't speak or write English. Everything I say will be read by christians and then translated before he knows anything about it. That is part of why I hesitate to say anything.

Then it really doesn't matter what you say. They'll either lie to him or stop reading your letters. But they'll continue with their indoctrination of him and take your money

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user