Moral Orel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2016, 10:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 10:29 PM by Shadow Fox.)
Moral Orel
Anyone remember or still watch this Masterpiece of Cartoon History? I remember quite clear how Hilarious the first season was. It was a satire of Christianity Cliches and beliefs and had such a really deep ending to it with its christmas episode. It would had been a decent t.v series if it had just ended there, but it didn't just end there. It got even better with season 2 and 3. Season 2 touched a bit of darker humor and went to some pretty low light places. Than, with season 3 well...holy fucking shit things got dark. I mean Marianas trench dark! I mean, I have never once in my life seen a cartoon, hell even a movie get as real as the third season of this show ever did. If it was not for the fact that season 3 was basically the reason why moral orel never had a season 4 and ended on a super high note than it would had not gotten cancelled.

Who else loved this show?

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
03-08-2016, 10:24 PM
RE: Moral Orel
(03-08-2016 10:20 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Anyone remember or still watch this Masterpiece of Cartoon History? I remember quite clear how Hilarious the first season was. It was a satire of Christianity Cliches and beliefs and had such a really deep ending to it with its christmas episode. It would had been a decent t.v series if it had just ended there, but it didn't just end there. It got even better with season 2 and 3. Season 2 touched a bit of darker humor and went to some pretty low light places. Than, with season 3 well...holy fucking shit things got dark. I mean Marianas trench dark! I mean, I have never once in my life seen a cartoon, hell even a movie get as real as the third season of this show ever did. If it was not for the fact that season 3 was basically the reason why moral orel never had a season 4 and ended on a super high note than it would had not gotten cancelled.

Never heard of it, but now I'm gonna look around for it.
03-08-2016, 10:29 PM
(03-08-2016 10:24 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(03-08-2016 10:20 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  Anyone remember or still watch this Masterpiece of Cartoon History? I remember quite clear how Hilarious the first season was. It was a satire of Christianity Cliches and beliefs and had such a really deep ending to it with its christmas episode. It would had been a decent t.v series if it had just ended there, but it didn't just end there. It got even better with season 2 and 3. Season 2 touched a bit of darker humor and went to some pretty low light places. Than, with season 3 well...holy fucking shit things got dark. I mean Marianas trench dark! I mean, I have never once in my life seen a cartoon, hell even a movie get as real as the third season of this show ever did. If it was not for the fact that season 3 was basically the reason why moral orel never had a season 4 and ended on a super high note than it would had not gotten cancelled.

Never heard of it, but now I'm gonna look around for it.

Really great show, I highly recommend it

[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
04-08-2016, 08:38 PM
I was really surprised by the ending, given, as you said, the dark tone that the entire third season embodied.
Did not expect Orel to actually be a good dad, well adjusted, and with a loving family...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2016, 08:46 PM
(04-08-2016 08:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I was really surprised by the ending, given, as you said, the dark tone that the entire third season embodied.
Did not expect Orel to actually be a good dad, well adjusted, and with a loving family...

I watched many episodes, but not religiously. Tongue

Don't think I caught the end, I'll have to look it up.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
04-08-2016, 08:59 PM
I miss this show. I don't think I've seen any reruns in a while either. Sad

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
04-08-2016, 09:14 PM
(04-08-2016 08:46 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 08:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I was really surprised by the ending, given, as you said, the dark tone that the entire third season embodied.

I watched many episodes, but not religiously. Tongue

I'm pretty sure admitting that would trigger one of the dad's super violent outbursts with that belt of his. Either of those points. If you ever get the chance and find it online, definitely watch the end. If you want to skip ahead to it:

Damn, I want to rewatch this show after the clips ShadowFox posted.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
05-08-2016, 05:40 AM
Yeah I loved it, a great satire on the Davey and Goliath notions and it did even twist into a interesting real tone late in it.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
07-08-2016, 02:15 AM
(04-08-2016 09:14 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 08:46 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I watched many episodes, but not religiously. Tongue

I'm pretty sure admitting that would trigger one of the dad's super violent outbursts with that belt of his. Either of those points. If you ever get the chance and find it online, definitely watch the end. If you want to skip ahead to it:

Damn, I want to rewatch this show after the clips ShadowFox posted.

Another thing I really liked was the music too! There is an extremely rare number of cartoons out there that has music that so perfectly fits the drama.

07-08-2016, 02:19 AM
The scary thing is if you listen to Clays first half of his rant on that first video of mine...he says exactly how I feel and what my life is like...except I haven't found anyone. Sad

The difference is I am not a alcoholic fanatic.