Moral or Ethical Dilemma's, Q & A's

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2016, 08:23 AM
RE: Moral or Ethical Dilemma's, Q & A's
I would probably sell for profit. If I were fortunate enough to live through the experience and I had something of value that no one else had I would make money from it. And not for some private humanitarian effort. Not for charity, because I am a human being and I have to look out for my own needs. Because I know in my mind that I wouldn't receive any relief from anyone nor would I get any compassion had I lived through the disaster on the receiving end of it. My view seems very cynical and very cruel. But that's how I see the world. Every man/woman for themselves unless you have proven to be of some worth to me personally.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2016, 11:15 PM
From my perspective (a subjective absolutist ) i have to say i can't think of a scenario where my conscience would allow me to sell the video to the media so instead i would start an online campaign to give relief to the victims and freely distribute the video to relief organizations if asked

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck
[+] 2 users Like Dracomalice's post
31-05-2016, 01:16 AM
(02-05-2016 06:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-05-2016 08:46 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I sometimes go hunting for rabbits (with a slug gun), but not very often, and I'm sure I'm not making a dent in the rabbit population. It's just a bit of fun (for me), terror, pain, death for the rabbit.

A slug gun? Shocking

Not really the appropriate tool. Consider
Probably not, but I tell you, they don't make slug guns like they used to. I have stopped a rabbit dead in its tracks from about 50-80 meters with my father's slug gun. It's pretty powerful. When I was a kid, I had to be no further than 5-10 meters to hurt the rabbit.

But anyway, it's rare that I get the gun out, it's not that often that I go to my dad's orchard.

BTW, it's a weapon, more than a tool.