RE: Morality
[Image: this-thread-again-thumb.jpg]

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
03-04-2012, 03:24 PM
(03-04-2012 05:16 AM)justmetoo Wrote:  Dude, You said the same thing I did. You feel the need to be verbose, so be it. I just speck my mind and move on.
Well, time for me to move on, You have already made me feel regret for spending time participating in your thread and conversing with you.
Good luck with your thread though, I do sincerely hope others will participate in a way that is more aligned with the responses that you had hoped for.
03-04-2012, 03:57 PM
(03-04-2012 03:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(03-04-2012 05:16 AM)justmetoo Wrote:  Dude, You said the same thing I did. You feel the need to be verbose, so be it. I just speck my mind and move on.
Well, time for me to move on, You have already made me feel regret for spending time participating in your thread and conversing with you.
Good luck with your thread though, I do sincerely hope others will participate in a way that is more aligned with the responses that you had hoped for.

Please don't act like I've done you wrong. You have done nothing but reiterate what I had already said, so you've added and detracted nothing from the conversation. Me telling you that you could have easily constructively commented on the post with far more brevity, without loosing any of the punch was for your benefit, not mine.
03-04-2012, 04:04 PM
(03-04-2012 03:57 PM)justmetoo Wrote:  Me telling you that you could have easily constructively commented on the post with far more brevity, without loosing any of the punch was for your benefit, not mine.
Thank you, you are so wonderful, a really likable person.
I really appreciated your feedback, made me feel it was worth my time participating in your thread and conversing with you.
03-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Look if I hurt you, I didn't mean to. I just want people to add something to the conversation. Repeating another persons points isn't doing that and could very well be misconstrued as trying to one up the poster before.

Agreeing can be done with a simple "I agree with you and I would like to add this..." If you have something to add. Disagreeing can be done just as easily. Many times it is not what a person says, but how he says it that makes or derails a thread. I wish you well.
03-04-2012, 05:24 PM
I just find it really annoying when you state the following:
- "You are saying almost exactly what i did"
- "rewrite it almost verbatim"
- "You have done nothing but reiterate what I had already said, so you've added and detracted nothing from the conversation"

When I compare our posts,
- you talk about being frustrated that others think they have a monopoly on the word Morality
- I talk about "Morality" being a belief system and that personally I have no belief in "morality"

- you claim that we all have our own form of morality but that it has nothing to do with God
- I claim that morality doesn't exist, that theistic morality is god's law and that atheistic morality is personal opinion and personal values rather than morality

- You claim that morality is a personal guide and actions of others should not be held to that
- I claim that personal values are a personal guide and that the word "morality" implies a standard of absolute rights and wrongs that people expect others to be judged by

- You conclude that your answer is to show the world what true morality is, that it comes from the heart (presumably emotive morality)
- I conclude that morality doesn't exist, that when a person contemplates the implications of their actions and justifies it towards a specific goal, that they are not exercising morality, they are instead, making personally considered decisions. (using their intelligence, no mention of heart or emotive decisions)

So personally I struggle to see why you think our posts are the same, I struggle to see why you think I haven't added anything different to the conversation.
But even if they were the same, shouldn't you be happy that someone else substantiates your view?
I don't understand your criticism or your response, and I am certainly feeling frustrated having to explain myself to you.
I feel you think I should ensure my posts are aligned with how you would like me to post. Almost like I need your stamp of approval before publishing my thoughts.
It doesn't make me appreciate having a "conversation" with you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Science vs Morality Mozart Link 87 1,461 07-07-2014 08:54 PM
Last Post: Bible Belt Brawler
  An Exercise in Objective Morality Airportkid 27 454 30-06-2014 09:25 AM
Last Post: Taqiyya Mockingbird
  The Authority of Unchanging Morality TheSkeptic 0 44 25-06-2014 06:07 PM
Last Post: TheSkeptic
  If God is the only source of objective morality... rampant.a.i. 21 302 25-06-2014 07:57 AM
Last Post: sporehux
  Secular Morality rampant.a.i. 88 1,679 23-05-2014 06:56 AM
Last Post: true scotsman
  Objective Morality TheThinkingChristian 598 7,678 12-04-2014 05:40 PM
Last Post: Dark Light
  For those atheists that believe in objective morality, can you prove it? shimmyjimmy 248 2,875 12-03-2014 11:31 PM
Last Post: SpiritualAnarchist