Morality Without God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2014, 07:27 PM
RE: Morality Without God
Shit and run pigeon is shit and run pigeon.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2014, 08:37 PM
I doubt this sumbitch will show back up, but here goes anyway:

(07-02-2014 08:08 PM)Onlinewatcher Wrote:  Morality without God! Pretty powerful stuff!

Way more powerful than morality based on your superstitious fairy tales.

Quote:I do note you take all references from the Old Testament, hmm.......?

Apparently you are under the mistaken notion that Seth will read your tripe.

Quote: Is The Thinking Atheist thinking about why that is? Is the TA aware that Christianity rejected the Old Testament law in it's acceptance of Jesus as Messiah and used the OT only as a witness to Him and His coming? Does the thinking atheist find moral horror proscribed in the other than the Pentateuch , Judges, Joshua and Samuel (probably you can) or is he on a tear with Ecclesiastes, Psalms, Proverbs, Song of Solomon and the Prophets as well?

*its

Good, so we can dispense with all your bullshit about homosexuality being evil, women not deserving to make their own health choices, etc.

Quote:If the TA is correct that the Bible's God is such a monster, why is it that Christianity has been considered the pinnacle of moral achievement by the Western world until recently with the rise of militant atheism in the late 19th and the 20th centuries?
Because the x-tard church tortured anyone to death who didn't agree with that bullshit.

Quote: If Christianity's God is a monster why have His followers been the ones who established hospitals,

Um, moron, you retards don't have a monopoly on hospitals. That's fucking stupid. What you DO have a monopoly on is hospitals that refuse treatment to people who need it, based on your preposterous and malevolent superstitions.

Quote: formed societies for the BRAINWASHING of children, adopted the infants exposed by the Romans in their form of abortion,

fixed that for ya.

Quote: put an end to the murderous Gladiator games,

Really? And started up their own atrocities.

Quote: engaged in prison reform,

You claim monopoly on this? Really? Hobo

Quote: established Universities,

Don't think so.

Quote: provided for worldwide BRAINWASHING of the poor for millenia,

fixed.

Quote:lead "crusades"

*led

Yes, crusades in which you murdered countless innocents in the name of your fairy tale monster.

Quote: against the excesses of alcohol and drugs,

All the while ignoring the excesses of pedophile priests...

Quote: established countless orphanages

....in order to BRAINWASH new generations of sheep to take advantage of...

Quote: and put an end to the slave trade?

....the very slave trade that you were involved in.

Quote:It seems to me that Christians have the reputation for fierce opposition to rape, child sacrifice, slavery, kidnapping, animal abuse, baby killing and the rest.

And atheists aren't? Delusional much? Oh, and I suppose you haven't heard of the x-tard Children's Crusade or the Magdelene Laundries.

Quote:It has been reserved for atheists to have achieved the greatest horrors of the 20th century in the murderous regimes of Hitler,

“I am now as before a Catholic and will always remain so”

[Adolph Hitler, to Gen. Gerhard Engel, 1941]

Quote:Stalin, Pol Pot, and the East German Stasi,

Stalin trained in the seminary. Betcha you're too fucking stupid to know that.

The atheism of these communists was incidental to their lust for power. Religion posed a threat to that power. Same thing with your churches and the millenia of slaughter they continue to inflict on the world.

Quote:The most repressive regimes in the world continue to be atheistic communist regimes such as Cuba and North Korea. Is the Thinking Atheist thinking about these things?

They are COMMUNIST ideologies. Sort of like your THEIST ideology.

And somehow you seem to forget the islamic theotord countries who are visiting far worse horrors on their people and their neighbors. And on us.

Quote:What really surprises me is that atheism assumes the role of universal moral defender but on what grounds???

Strawman much? Atheism is not a thing. It is not a doctrine. It makes no moral statements. It's simply the ability to see that The Emperor Has No Clothes.

Quote:on the grounds of co-opting the morality of a Western society steeped in two millenia of Christian faith.

That would be the morality of torturing and burning to death those who see things differently from yourselves. Nope, atheism didn't co-opt that at all.

Quote: The Thinking Atheist seems to think there is some MORAL LAW floating "out there" to which God and Man are subservient.

Can't make something subservient to your "law" that you don't believe exists.

Quote: Please tell me more about this,

Here's all you need to know: You are flailing away at a Straw man.

Quote:especially its origin and enforcement. When famous atheist Bertrand Russell was asked what ethical system he would use when Christian belief was eradicated, he responded that Christian ethics, at least, would be just fine.

Perhaps he didn't consider the duplicitous nature of x-tard "ethics" when asked that question.

Quote:Was the Thinking Atheist thinking about this?? It seems to me that atheism assumes there is a moral underpinning for morality in ....... Matter, I guess, because there is no Spirit in the universe, only matter.

Oh, look -- ANOTHER straw man!

You know that you are made of matter, right? Show me your "spirit". Take it out and show it to me.

Quote: If the universe consists of matter and matter alone, what gives rise to the ethical spirit

"Ethical spirit" is word salad.

Quote:especially in the sense that it is BINDING on all men at all times and in all places?

You see below an example of an ethics of reciprocity. It's far better than your xtard one, and was penned LONG before your mythical gawd-boy was fabled to have lived.

Quote: With the "tools" provided by atheism,

The only "tool" provided by atheism is the ability to see through your bullshit snake oil sales pitch.

It is, however, a very important tool.

Quote: by what standard do you say one activity is moral and the immoral? Is it merely one's (or a group's) opinion? If it is mere opinion, then who adjudicates between one man's opinion or another?

Certainly not by the standards of your superstitions. They have proven to be murderous.

Quote:At what point in the evolutionary chain (no objection to the scientific theory of evolution implied) does morality inject itself?

That would probably be at the point that animals became social for survival.

Quote: Once the general population apprehends the depth of radical atheism's basic tenets

"Radical" atheism? You mean the ones who are standing up and demanding that you get your fucking boots off our necks.

Atheism has no tenets.

Quote: and believes them deeply for a few centuries,

Nor does atheism have any inherent beliefs.

Quote: the basis of law disappears

You have absolutely no evidence to support that bald, incorrect, ad hoc assertion.

Quote: and with it the society which adopted these beliefs.

Another unsupported ad hoc assertion, and a Slippery Slope Fallacy to boot.

Quote: Was the Thinking Atheist thinking of this? I don't know.

This thinking atheist thinks you can fuck off and die.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
08-02-2014, 08:39 PM
(08-02-2014 12:11 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Just leaving this here... I think it sums up nicely why atheists don't have a track record for all those nice things you talked about religious folks doing. Hard to do... You know... When you're dead.
[Image: 3b2aa50f1c48f06607f043c4ddfe483b_zpscfe75871.jpg]

LMAO
OMG that made me laugh.

Crusades anyone? TaaaaDaaaaa !Thumbsup

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
09-02-2014, 08:58 AM
(07-02-2014 08:08 PM)Onlinewatcher Wrote:  With the "tools" provided by atheism, by what standard do you say one activity is moral and the immoral? Is it merely one's (or a group's) opinion?
There are no "tools" provided by atheism to set any standard for what is moral or immoral. Atheism is just an absence of belief in god(s). We use logic, reason, common sense, empathy, altruism, compassion, conscience, respect for others, self-respect, love, duty, obligation, responsibility, the laws, the Golden Rule, morals, ethics, good upbringing, previous experience, education, advice from more experienced people, concern for the environment etc etc to determine what is moral or immoral. Some people don't have these "tools" and can't figure out for themselves what is moral or immoral. For them we have religion providing authority figures and sacred scriptures explaining to them what is moral and immoral and commandments to follow, so as to (hopefully) keep them from harming the rest of us.