Morally Justifiable.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Morally Justifiable.
I want to have an experiment in thought...... There are many things considered morally wrong in our society. I would like each of you, to try and find, in your opinion, a justifiable situation for each of the 3 things i am about to list.

1: Murder. Evil_monster

2: Theft Evil_monster

3: Rape (this one is a tough for me.) Evil_monster

Note: I don't endorse any of the 3 things i just listed.

Ill be very interested in what you guys come up with, CIAO!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-02-2015, 11:17 PM
RE: Morally Justifiable.
I think you can justify just about anything if you needed to.

I think they fall into two catergories though. Selfishness and selflessness. Its either for yourself or for the greater good.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
19-02-2015, 11:42 PM
Steal a mop from a janitors closet.
*Not my fault if you view spoiler*

Forcibly sodomize Hitler with the mop handle until he dies.
20-02-2015, 12:31 AM
(19-02-2015 11:42 PM)pablo Wrote:  Steal a mop from a janitors closet.
*Not my fault if you view spoiler*

Forcibly sodomize Hitler with the mop handle until he dies.

Very creative.... i very much like.
20-02-2015, 12:40 AM
Murder: Any time a murderous dictator kills scores of innocent people, he should be murdered to save lives (Hitler, Bin Laden, etc.)

Theft: An absolutely starving family with no income and no money could be forgiven for hopping my fence and taking some apples off a tree.

Rape: This one is tough. I don't know what to say, maybe if you and someone of the opposite sex are the last two people on earth and one of you doesn't want to have sex but the human race would die out without the two of you repopulating? But even then I don't think it's right. Maybe if the threat of death is on the line?

This sucks. No one should be raped.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
20-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Yeah, I've tried to find a morally justifiable rape scenario a few times, and just can't think of one. don't you look at me like that, I like to challenge my moral thinking from time to time Angel I really don't think there is a scenario that would make it ok for me No

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
20-02-2015, 08:34 AM
Murder - In my native language murder equates homicide, so if we're talking simply about killing another human being there's many self-defense scenarios. If we're talking about unlawful murder I can think of a really bad person that either is killed or will continue to do evil things, and in that case I think it is justified - Just imagine if someone had murdered Hitler

Theft - Any case of hunger or basic needs justifies theft IMO as long as excessive force isn't used

Rape - IMO there is no plausible scenario. Even the case of only being 2 people in the world is not only highly improbable but still doesn't make rape ok - I don't see why people value the survival of human species so much, if I was alone with another human in an apocalyptic situation I wouldn't rape her and I wouldn't be interested in our survival.

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
20-02-2015, 09:29 AM
I'm sure you can justify all that shit pretty easily if you read a Bible..
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
20-02-2015, 09:40 AM
I've never found these kinda hard if your not considering only realistic scenarios. Take things to the extreme and it's quite easy. It's always seemed simple to just go to a Trolley Problem like scenario in showing how one can morally justify something.

Though first you need an established moral goal or good to deem right. If you take good for the majority and less harm to them as that like societies take, then it's simple.

In a scenario were a person threatened you with the position: Steal x, Murder x, or rape x... and if you don't I'll torture, rape, and murder millions of people. To many people, committing the heinous crimes on 1 person to save it from millions would be morality justifiable.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
20-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Two solid justifications for all three:

a) Nihilism

b) Continuity Management.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post