More Catholic Pedophilia: Revelations regarding the Altoona Diocese

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2016, 11:48 AM
RE: More Catholic Pedophilia: Revelations regarding the Altoona Diocese
(01-03-2016 11:31 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016...lates.html

Quote:BATON ROUGE, La. — A Louisiana judge has

struck down a state requirement that clergy

members report suspected child abuse even if

they learn about it during a private confessional.

State District Judge Mike Caldwell ruled Friday

that the requirement — a Louisiana Children's

Code provision — violates the constitutionally

protected religious freedom rights of a Roman

Catholic priest accused of neglecting his duty to

report a teenager's abuse allegations to

authorities.

The Advocate reports that Caldwell ruled in favor

of the Rev. Jeff Bayhi in a lawsuit that 22-year-

old Rebecca Mayeaux filed against the priest and

the Roman Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge in

Mayeaux says she was 14 in 2008 when she told

Bayhi during confession that a 64-year-old

parishioner was sexually abusing her. Mayeaux

claims Bayhi, pastor of Our Lady of the

Assumption church in Clinton, told her to "sweep

it under the floor and get rid of it."

I don't want to live in this state anymore.

The whole "confessional" thing has been upheld multiple times in all levels of courts. I'm not sure if the US Supreme Court has upheld it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. It is equated with the same privilege awarded to legal counsel.

I don't agree with it, but I'm not surprised.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2016, 12:41 PM
(01-03-2016 11:48 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 11:31 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2016...lates.html

I don't want to live in this state anymore.

The whole "confessional" thing has been upheld multiple times in all levels of courts. I'm not sure if the US Supreme Court has upheld it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. It is equated with the same privilege awarded to legal counsel.

I don't agree with it, but I'm not surprised.

What annoys me about all that...

If a priest confesses to another priest in confession, that priest hearing the confession is bound not to act.

This is a huge part of the problem. In confession they can only suggest that the offending priest report himself.

Just like if a child confesses a priest touched him in an inappropriate way the priest should tell the kid to tell his parents or whatever. But most victims don't confess it anyway.

While the former is very common, the latter isn't.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-03-2016, 02:36 PM
But wait! There's more:

Pittsburgh news article
Quote:
ALTOONA, Pa. —Two Catholic bishops who led a small Pennsylvania diocese helped cover up the sexual abuse of hundreds of children by more than 50 priests and other religious leaders over a 40-year period, according to a grand jury report that portrays the church as holding such sway over law enforcement that it helped select a police chief.

The 147-page report issued Tuesday on sexual abuse in the Altoona-Johnstown Diocese, home to nearly 100,000 Roman Catholics, was based partly on evidence from a secret diocesan archive opened through a search warrant over the summer.

"Through a search warrant..." They're still trying to hide this. Still.

Another bit:
Quote:The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops estimates that American dioceses have paid nearly $4 billion since 1950 to settle claims with victims.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Quote:In a practice seen in other dioceses, the bishop created a "payout chart" to help guide how much victims would receive from the church, the report said. Victims fondled over their clothes were to be paid $10,000 to $25,000; fondled under their clothes or subjected to masturbation, $15,000 to $40,000; subjected to forced oral sex, $25,000 to $75,000; subjected to forced sodomy or intercourse, $50,000 to $175,000.

This is beyond description.

But atheists are evil.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
02-03-2016, 06:49 PM
(01-03-2016 02:36 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  But wait! There's more:

Pittsburgh news article
Quote:
ALTOONA, Pa. —Two Catholic bishops who led a small Pennsylvania diocese helped cover up the sexual abuse of hundreds of children by more than 50 priests and other religious leaders over a 40-year period, according to a grand jury report that portrays the church as holding such sway over law enforcement that it helped select a police chief.

The 147-page report issued Tuesday on sexual abuse in the Altoona-Johnstown Diocese, home to nearly 100,000 Roman Catholics, was based partly on evidence from a secret diocesan archive opened through a search warrant over the summer.

"Through a search warrant..." They're still trying to hide this. Still.

Another bit:
Quote:The U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops estimates that American dioceses have paid nearly $4 billion since 1950 to settle claims with victims.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Quote:In a practice seen in other dioceses, the bishop created a "payout chart" to help guide how much victims would receive from the church, the report said. Victims fondled over their clothes were to be paid $10,000 to $25,000; fondled under their clothes or subjected to masturbation, $15,000 to $40,000; subjected to forced oral sex, $25,000 to $75,000; subjected to forced sodomy or intercourse, $50,000 to $175,000.

This is beyond description.

But atheists are evil.

Omg that last paragraph. I'm baffled right now. It's just awful.
02-03-2016, 07:31 PM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-03-2016, 05:43 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/australia-new...gasp-video

Quote:Pell’s comment that, “It’s a sad story and it wasn’t of much interest to me”, drew an audible gasp from those listening to the videolink in Sydney. Pell added: “The suffering, of course, was real and I very much regret that, but I had no reason to turn my mind to the extent of the evils that Ridsdale had perpetrated.”

Bolding mine.

I have no words for what an evil piece of shit this asshole is.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
03-03-2016, 06:49 AM
Pell isn't the only total scumbag though... Mahony is just as much a jackass

Quote:In the past several days, I have experienced many examples of being humiliated. In recent days, I have been confronted in various places by very unhappy people. I could understand the depth of their anger and outrage–at me, at the Church, at about injustices that swirl around us.

Thanks to God’s special grace, I simply stood there, asking God to bless and forgive them.

None of them have the right to say word one about morality.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
03-03-2016, 07:46 AM
(03-03-2016 06:49 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Pell isn't the only total scumbag though... Mahony is just as much a jackass

Quote:In the past several days, I have experienced many examples of being humiliated. In recent days, I have been confronted in various places by very unhappy people. I could understand the depth of their anger and outrage–at me, at the Church, at about injustices that swirl around us.

Thanks to God’s special grace, I simply stood there, asking God to bless and forgive them.

None of them have the right to say word one about morality.

I don't understand why the big deal.

Kat lickers have been doing this for centuries, the evil fuckers. It's part of being a kat licker.

Priests get up to whatever they want. Then, they brainwash their parishioners so as not to question the fallibility of the church. In that way, the parishioners have no need to get off their fat arses, turn on their shit-filled brains and question the church because it is infallible.

Fuckin' twats.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored