More Endtimes, More Satan is Working, and Christian persecution

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2014, 03:48 PM
More Endtimes, More Satan is Working, and Christian persecution
This will be a three part post that I am making about three different things. First will be more end times BS, However this deals more with the power the prophecies have. The second is of course, Satan, so that when most Christians feel as they are losing the debate or want to feel prosecuted, Satan is one of those great trump cards that they can use. This post I will show the links I find with the paragraph instead of numbering them. Lets get started.

The first is the End times prophecies power. For example a famous passage used to "prove" the end times is 2 Peter 3:3 king james version "Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts." However is this really a good prophecy? Is it something special? You already know the answerSleepy.
First problem is the fact that this prophecy is easy to predict. Even in the first objections to Christianity were in the first century. http://www.aletheiacollege.net/bl/16-4-7...ianity.htm

A quick objection could be, "They are making God a joke." However what is the definition of scoffer?

verb (used without object)
to speak derisively; mock; jeer (often followed by at ): If you can't do any better, don't scoff. Their efforts toward a peaceful settlement are not to be scoffed at.
verb (used with object)
to mock at; deride.
noun
an expression of mockery, derision, doubt, or derisive scorn; jeer.
an object of mockery or derision.

So using these definitions, they can in fact fit scoffer, seeing as how me writing about how stupid this prophecy is in the first place.

Another popular few are war,natural disasters,and disease. I have already done something on this, but I will reiterate, all these things are easy to predict. Tell me what era didn't have these three things. In fact many wars,disease, and natural disasters where worst back in the past. Remember world war 2, the Korean war, and the cold war, with all those earth quakes and Aids, ya, I mean I wasn't born then but history is documented that these things have happened.

Another Christian excuse is Satan. Now Satan is a great trump card for Christians. This can be used as a attempt to escape away from actually using evidence, and can be very hard to remove. But there is a trick, and a good one at that. This trick is asking for evidence that it is Satan. When you ask this the first answer will be "It is said in the bible." However you must explain there is a difference between the claim and the evidence. When the say a bible verse that is the claim, and when they say another bible verse to try to support it, tell them you are just using a claim to support a claim without evidence.

If you find the right type of christian however you will come across the Illuminati being run by satanist and running the world excuse. This is the trump card that is used when you basically trumped the other horrible one. However there Muslims also can use the Illuminati to prove their religion. In fact there is literally a forum on this website in which a Muslim tries to do this. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...se-messiah

So, why would I mention Islam uses the Illuminati as well. The point is to show that any religion, and anybody even an atheist, can use the Illuminati excuse in order to make a point. Then you ask how does the Illuminati connect to the bible, which will lead to them quoting the bible, and explaining again that this is a claim, not evidence.

Last is christian persecution. This is a favorite for Christians, as it makes them look like the poor whittle babiesSadcryface. But we all know that is a load of BS. Where are Christians persecuted. To be fair they are in the middle east. But again who isn't? Second you walk in there a non Muslim and become a citizen you are going to die, christian,Buddhist, atheist, Hindu, what ever. So what about in america? They aren't, but they claim they are. Why? Because the bible isn't being taught truly ever and people are made fun of for believing in god. First what do you mean truly taught? You guys can't even agree on what Jesus was saying much less weather it should be taught truly. And being hated for believing in god, I will ask, are you telling these people they will burn in hell forever and ever until the end of time? If so no fucking shit! I mean hell, if I as an atheist went around saying a people of religions should just kill them selves, I would be hated too. Also I think we are hated more then you guys. Did you know some states have laws against atheist governors, hell even the boy scouts say no atheist. So we can get laws against us, but we are evil for making a funny Jesus picture and you are the victims.

So that is all I have to say. Thanks for reading

Also I like Godzilla Jesus more.

[Image: 521792_476312322430782_468328879_n.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: More Endtimes, More Satan is Working, and Christian persecution
(02-04-2014 03:48 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Another popular few are war,natural disasters,and disease. I have already done something on this, but I will reiterate, all these things are easy to predict. Tell me what era didn't have these three things. In fact many wars,disease, and natural disasters where worst back in the past. Remember world war 2, the Korean war, and the cold war, with all those earth quakes and Aids, ya, I mean I wasn't born then but history is documented that these things have happened.

Yeah, that end times prophesy is laughably stupid. "Wars and rumors of war"? Fucking really? That was happening thousands of years before the prophesy was made.

"Guys! You will know the end times are coming when people are able to successfully farm!"

(02-04-2014 03:48 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Another Christian excuse is Satan. Now Satan is a great trump card for Christians. This can be used as a attempt to escape away from actually using evidence, and can be very hard to remove. But there is a trick, and a good one at that. This trick is asking for evidence that it is Satan. When you ask this the first answer will be "It is said in the bible." However you must explain there is a difference between the claim and the evidence. When the say a bible verse that is the claim, and when they say another bible verse to try to support it, tell them you are just using a claim to support a claim without evidence.

Satan is a fantastic trump card. That's why he was upgraded from "celestial adversary who might be working for God" to "the Deceiver with dominion over all sorts of shit on this planet". He got a serious upgrade because the religion needed a great cosmic enemy for the great cosmic battle that Christianity promised and Judaism lacked. Judaism's failing is that it promised safety and prosperity for adherents and suffering and death for heretics, yet... that demonstrably doesn't happen. A lot. So, Christianity solves this by making a nonfalsifiable reward/punishment scheme to fulfill peoples just world hypothesis, but it needs an enemy.

This enemy is brilliant. Not only is he more powerful than everyone except God, he is in charge of shaking your faith, and faith is how you get into heaven. Having doubts? That's Satan's work! It works great for the believers. It's also a pain if you're trying to have a rational conversation with them, because it turns out, any rational ideas that go against God are just the Devil's lies, and you're unwittingly (or worse yet, knowingly!) an agent of Satan!
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
02-04-2014, 05:32 PM
I just realized I used the word upgrade twice in back to back sentences while describing Satan. I think, from now on, I should refer to him as Upgrayedd

[Image: upgrayedd.jpg]

He is ridiculously resourceful.
02-04-2014, 05:44 PM
(02-04-2014 05:30 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(02-04-2014 03:48 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Another popular few are war,natural disasters,and disease. I have already done something on this, but I will reiterate, all these things are easy to predict. Tell me what era didn't have these three things. In fact many wars,disease, and natural disasters where worst back in the past. Remember world war 2, the Korean war, and the cold war, with all those earth quakes and Aids, ya, I mean I wasn't born then but history is documented that these things have happened.

Yeah, that end times prophesy is laughably stupid. "Wars and rumors of war"? Fucking really? That was happening thousands of years before the prophesy was made.

"Guys! You will know the end times are coming when people are able to successfully farm!"

(02-04-2014 03:48 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Another Christian excuse is Satan. Now Satan is a great trump card for Christians. This can be used as a attempt to escape away from actually using evidence, and can be very hard to remove. But there is a trick, and a good one at that. This trick is asking for evidence that it is Satan. When you ask this the first answer will be "It is said in the bible." However you must explain there is a difference between the claim and the evidence. When the say a bible verse that is the claim, and when they say another bible verse to try to support it, tell them you are just using a claim to support a claim without evidence.

Satan is a fantastic trump card. That's why he was upgraded from "celestial adversary who might be working for God" to "the Deceiver with dominion over all sorts of shit on this planet". He got a serious upgrade because the religion needed a great cosmic enemy for the great cosmic battle that Christianity promised and Judaism lacked. Judaism's failing is that it promised safety and prosperity for adherents and suffering and death for heretics, yet... that demonstrably doesn't happen. A lot. So, Christianity solves this by making a nonfalsifiable reward/punishment scheme to fulfill peoples just world hypothesis, but it needs an enemy.

This enemy is brilliant. Not only is he more powerful than everyone except God, he is in charge of shaking your faith, and faith is how you get into heaven. Having doubts? That's Satan's work! It works great for the believers. It's also a pain if you're trying to have a rational conversation with them, because it turns out, any rational ideas that go against God are just the Devil's lies, and you're unwittingly (or worse yet, knowingly!) an agent of Satan!

I know what you mean. I see it as a horrible excuse to ignore that you are wrong. I don't have to resort to something like that to justify what I accept.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube