More Governmental Overreach - and Stupidity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2016, 12:42 PM
RE: More Governmental Overreach - and Stupidity
I'm not worried in the least of sticking numbers on my planes... They all have them already -- AMA membership numbers.......

Pay attention here ---

I'm PISSED at the government for "taking action" that does nothing - but is a placebo that wastes my money - and probably taxpayer money as well --- taking care of the registrations that ultimately will be of no use.

Don't try defending bullshit legislation --- that's sole purpose is to give a false sense of security............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2016, 08:19 PM
This is a whole lot of anger over a $5 registration fee. I have no real opinion on the issue but is it really that big a deal? So you pay $5 and stick some stickers on your model plane. What am I missing here?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
10-05-2016, 10:55 PM
(10-05-2016 08:19 PM)BnW Wrote:  This is a whole lot of anger over a $5 registration fee. I have no real opinion on the issue but is it really that big a deal? So you pay $5 and stick some stickers on your model plane. What am I missing here?
You're probably missing that sometimes the cost is irrelevant when someone challenges your worldview or infringes upon personal rights/liberties, whether actual or misinterpreted. Hence the long-winded discussion challenging both sides that followed the original post. Wink

Give them an inch and they'll take a whole mile. Or something like that.

Sent forth from the icy depths of my soul
[+] 3 users Like Icextentialist's post
11-05-2016, 05:23 AM
Actually, I do get the idea of raging against the machine when it oversteps its bounds. I'm a big proponent of drawing lines in the sand over government encroachment where it doesn't belong. I even get rolling your eyes at this. But, the level of vitriol over a $5 registration fee seemed extreme and I figured I must be missing something.

11-05-2016, 06:47 AM
(09-05-2016 10:57 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  People have been flying these things for 30+ years and it's never been an issue. The government just wants to control everything. Fuck them.

People have been flying these things for 30+ years, but they've gotten exponentially more popular in the last five or so years, and we have at least one high-profile case of them getting in the way of putting out forest fires.

It wasn't seen as much of a problem until it obviously became one. Now they're trying to fix it.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
11-05-2016, 07:45 AM
(11-05-2016 06:47 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(09-05-2016 10:57 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  People have been flying these things for 30+ years and it's never been an issue. The government just wants to control everything. Fuck them.

People have been flying these things for 30+ years, but they've gotten exponentially more popular in the last five or so years, and we have at least one high-profile case of them getting in the way of putting out forest fires.

It wasn't seen as much of a problem until it obviously became one. Now they're trying to fix it.

The problem is - the people who will be the problem - are not the people who will willingly comply and register.......

There IS a fix -- but you won't like it......

Quit allowing gyros and stability packages that make these things "idiot easy" to fly.....

That WOULD fix the problem. But, nobody will even consider it........

They'd rather punish and tax the people who aren't the problem.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-05-2016, 07:59 AM
(11-05-2016 05:23 AM)BnW Wrote:  Actually, I do get the idea of raging against the machine when it oversteps its bounds. I'm a big proponent of drawing lines in the sand over government encroachment where it doesn't belong. I even get rolling your eyes at this. But, the level of vitriol over a $5 registration fee seemed extreme and I figured I must be missing something.

Some people are just not happy unless they have something to be unhappy about. More specifically, people whose level of socio-political awareness is a giant euphemism for how much shitter life has become as they've aged.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
11-05-2016, 09:14 AM
(11-05-2016 07:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The problem is - the people who will be the problem - are not the people who will willingly comply and register.......

You're right that it won't really fix the terrorism aspect. Only law-abiding people follow laws. But as others have mentioned, the terrorism part is only one facet of the regulation. Getting those things out of the airspace in emergency situations is a good thing.
11-05-2016, 12:21 PM
(11-05-2016 07:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 06:47 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  People have been flying these things for 30+ years, but they've gotten exponentially more popular in the last five or so years, and we have at least one high-profile case of them getting in the way of putting out forest fires.

The problem is - the people who will be the problem - are not the people who will willingly comply and register.......

Quit allowing gyros and stability packages that make these things "idiot easy" to fly.....

So a government ban on certain product options are preferable to a nominal fee and some stickers?

Really?

I still think I have yo be missing something. Help me out here, Biker. I don't always agree with you but I generally follow your logic. When I don't agree with you I would put it in the category of "reasonable disagreement". This is the exception. I don't get the big issue here at all.

11-05-2016, 03:06 PM
(11-05-2016 12:21 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 07:45 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  The problem is - the people who will be the problem - are not the people who will willingly comply and register.......

So a government ban on certain product options are preferable to a nominal fee and some stickers?

Really?

I still think I have yo be missing something. Help me out here, Biker. I don't always agree with you but I generally follow your logic. When I don't agree with you I would put it in the category of "reasonable disagreement". This is the exception. I don't get the big issue here at all.

Tell me how this stupid regulation is going to cure anything.........

It won't.

Of course it doesn't bother any of you -- you don't have to deal with it.

Let's put a $5 dollar registration on all video games.....

It will do just as much to make the airspace safe...................

i.e. Nothing....

Edit to add --- prohibiting certain equipment isn't PREFERABLE --- but it would actually DO something. It would prevent casual assholes from flying where they shouldn't..