More Governmental Overreach - and Stupidity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: More Governmental Overreach - and Stupidity
If it turns out to be more trouble than it's worth, the regulation might well end up getting scrapped.

Is this really a problem, or just an inconvenient pain in the ass?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2016, 06:11 PM
(11-05-2016 03:06 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Tell me how this stupid regulation is going to cure anything.........

Ok, I'll take a crack at it. My guess is the overwhelming majority of people who own these things don't buy them with the intention of causing trouble. That is more likely to be more of a in-the-moment kind of decision, and the result of a specific opportunity. A lot of people are inherently selfish assholes who, given the opportunity to mess with people and almost zero risk of getting caught, will mess with people. This greatly increases the probability of getting caught and most people will think twice before fucking with aircraft trying to put out a fire if there is a very real chance of going to jail. I'm just guessing but I strongly suspect most of the problems come up spur of the moment vs being planned. I also suspect the increasing use of private drones is driving a lot of this.

I'm actually inclined to think it will have a positive impact, but I really can't say that with certainty. Even if it doesn't, I still don't get why it's such a big deal.

Oh, you can add a $50 fee onto video games and it would be fine with me. In fact, I'd vote for that. Make it even tougher for my kids to accumulate them.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
12-05-2016, 06:18 AM
(11-05-2016 06:11 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(11-05-2016 03:06 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Tell me how this stupid regulation is going to cure anything.........

Ok, I'll take a crack at it. My guess is the overwhelming majority of people who own these things don't buy them with the intention of causing trouble. That is more likely to be more of a in-the-moment kind of decision, and the result of a specific opportunity. A lot of people are inherently selfish assholes who, given the opportunity to mess with people and almost zero risk of getting caught, will mess with people. This greatly increases the probability of getting caught and most people will think twice before fucking with aircraft trying to put out a fire if there is a very real chance of going to jail. I'm just guessing but I strongly suspect most of the problems come up spur of the moment vs being planned. I also suspect the increasing use of private drones is driving a lot of this.

I'm actually inclined to think it will have a positive impact, but I really can't say that with certainty. Even if it doesn't, I still don't get why it's such a big deal.

Oh, you can add a $50 fee onto video games and it would be fine with me. In fact, I'd vote for that. Make it even tougher for my kids to accumulate them.

You said nothing at all that links a person registering their R/C aircraft with getting them to restrain themselves from being an idiot with said aircraft.

If somebody decides (for whatever pinheaded reason) that not having a registration number on their "drone" - allows them to go fuck with commercial aircraft -- all they need is a fingernail -- to pry off the label with said registration number.........................

Besides --- if a 2 pound plastic aircraft gets sucked through a GE jet engine - exactly what do you think is going to be left besides confetti??????? Good luck finding that paper label with the registration number.

This "law" - set forth by nameless bureaucrats -- does NOTHING to solve any problem. It's laughable to suggest that it does. The ONLY thing it does is give some government drone (ironic, huh?) a justification for his worthless job......

That, and it pisses people like me off......

People who expect results - not feel-good bullshit - from government.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-05-2016, 07:16 AM
(12-05-2016 06:18 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ...and it pisses people like me off......

People who expect results - not feel-good bullshit - from government.

Well, there's your problem. You actually expected results from government? You should have learned that lesson a long time ago.