Poll: Do you think more guns means less crime?
Yes
No
I did until I saw these data
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
"More Guns means Safer" the nonsensical pro-NRA argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2015, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2015 06:59 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: "More Guns means Safer" the nonsensical pro-NRA argument
(14-04-2015 06:37 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(14-04-2015 06:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I ain't worried about popo or the negro but there's a goddam spree of toddler killers out there that scare the shit out of me. Eyewitness accounts indicate they make all goo goo eyes and coo coo noises at you before they shoot you dead.

3-Year-Old Arizona Boy Playing with Gun Shoots and Kills Baby Brother
3-year-old accidentally shoots, kills 1-year-old
5-year-old boy finds gun, shoots baby brother in head
Kentucky Shooting: Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-Year-Old Sister, Police Say
Utah boy, 2, shot and killed by 3-year-old sister
3-year-old Tenn. boy shoots little brother in head
Police: 5-year-old Missouri boy shoots, kills baby brother
Toddler accidentally shoots, kills 11-year-old sister

I'm not seeing your point. The actions of a few negligent parents means the rest of us shouldn't be able to protect ourselves from home invasions, carjackings, rapes, robberies etc?

I agree we should be able to protect ourselves from these atrocities. Unfortunately I can't hit the broad side of a barn with a gun but I can hit the strike zone from 60'6" away about 80% of the time. So I've taken to arming myself with ricin powder balloon bombs. I can take out a whole gang at once from a distance. I'm pretty sure I'm covered by the Second Amendment and my State's concealed carry laws are silent on ricin powder balloon bombs.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2015, 06:54 PM
(14-04-2015 06:37 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(14-04-2015 06:25 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I ain't worried about popo or the negro but there's a goddam spree of toddler killers out there that scare the shit out of me. Eyewitness accounts indicate they make all goo goo eyes and coo coo noises at you before they shoot you dead.

3-Year-Old Arizona Boy Playing with Gun Shoots and Kills Baby Brother
3-year-old accidentally shoots, kills 1-year-old
5-year-old boy finds gun, shoots baby brother in head
Kentucky Shooting: Boy, 5, Shoots And Kills 2-Year-Old Sister, Police Say
Utah boy, 2, shot and killed by 3-year-old sister
3-year-old Tenn. boy shoots little brother in head
Police: 5-year-old Missouri boy shoots, kills baby brother
Toddler accidentally shoots, kills 11-year-old sister

I'm not seeing your point. The actions of a few negligent parents means the rest of us shouldn't be able to protect ourselves from home invasions, carjackings, rapes, robberies etc?

Which was a response to your 1 article source as an attempt to make a point... are you that dense to not see what is occurring in front of you?

I don't really care about that side of these recent posts, but I hope to your honest health you were joking about the law abiding citizens vs criminals remark.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
14-04-2015, 07:01 PM
(14-04-2015 03:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(14-04-2015 03:52 PM)Losty Wrote:  I wonder if that's why it's called a loophole...Consider

No, because "reasons" Drinking Beverage

No, a loophole is something that is legal but circumvents the intent of the law.

All of these sales are illegal. That is not a loophole.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-04-2015, 07:02 PM
(14-04-2015 03:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(14-04-2015 03:52 PM)Losty Wrote:  I wonder if that's why it's called a loophole...Consider

No, because "reasons" Drinking Beverage

No, because actual reasons - like the definition of 'loophole'.

14-04-2015, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2015 07:09 PM by Chas.)
(14-04-2015 04:02 PM)Losty Wrote:  There's this thing about crimes, in order to have committed a crime there has to be intent. If the private sale of firearms is not regulated then you can legally sell a firearm to anyone who says they have a license. You are not legally required to request and ID or a to see the license or to do a background check. So, technically the sale of a firearm to someone with no license is illegal but you can't be prosecuted for it.

It's also illegal to let someone drive your car without a license. I let someone borrow my car once and he didn't have a license, but I didn't know. I just assumed he wouldn't say he had one unless he really did. I was fined, I went to court, I said I didn't know, I didn't have to pay the fine.

You can call it a loophole or just a law that doesn't work properly I don't care.

I personally think all private sales of firearms should be illegal. You should have to go through a licensed firearms dealer to buy or sell a gun.

Oh for fuck's sake - it is regulated.

By federal law, you can only buy a long gun in another state from a licensed (FFL) dealer, or if bought from a private person it has to be transferred to an FFL in your state.

A handgun always has to be transferred to an FFL in your state.

Those are the regulations. Everything else is illegal.

14-04-2015, 07:07 PM
(14-04-2015 06:49 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But I can't suspend my feelings that any amount of gun control won't stop or prevent criminals from getting guns. It won't prevent someone who did legitimately acquire a gun (through whatever legal means) who's intent on doing themselves or others harm from doing it.

I think the biggest issue is we can't regulate stupid.

You can't regulate castor beans and a basic high school chemistry aptitude. No point in even trying. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-04-2015, 07:20 PM
(14-04-2015 06:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(14-04-2015 06:37 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  I'm not seeing your point. The actions of a few negligent parents means the rest of us shouldn't be able to protect ourselves from home invasions, carjackings, rapes, robberies etc?

Which was a response to your 1 article source as an attempt to make a point... are you that dense to not see what is occurring in front of you?

I don't really care about that side of these recent posts, but I hope to your honest health you were joking about the law abiding citizens vs criminals remark.

I posted an article from today. I could post hundreds if not thousands where a criminal was taken down buy a legal gun. There are a few websites out there that attempt to document every news article where a criminal was stopped by a firearm.

If America were to ban guns tomorrow, 100%, the only people to follow the law would be the legal gun owners. You think the criminal would turn theirs in?

How would this housewife protect herself against her rapist when he came back to rape her a second time? http://gunowner.tv/why-defend-yourself/v...ts-rapist/

Or this woman? Would she just have to let the man, armed with a knife, rape and kill her? http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/vi...be-rapist/

Bad shit happens. I prefer it when bad shit happens to rapist home invading fucks.

Long live the 2nd Amendment.

Death is a debt we all must pay.
14-04-2015, 07:25 PM
(14-04-2015 07:20 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  Long live the 2nd Amendment.

You'll take my ricin from my cold dead hands. ¡Viva la Revolución!

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-04-2015, 07:30 PM
(14-04-2015 07:20 PM)Patriot10mm Wrote:  
(14-04-2015 06:54 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Which was a response to your 1 article source as an attempt to make a point... are you that dense to not see what is occurring in front of you?

I posted an article from today. I could post hundreds if not thousands where a criminal was taken down buy a legal gun. There are a few websites out there that attempt to document every news article where a criminal was stopped by a firearm.

If America were to ban guns tomorrow, 100%, the only people to follow the law would be the legal gun owners. You think the criminal would turn theirs in?

How would this housewife protect herself against her rapist when he came back to rape her a second time? http://gunowner.tv/why-defend-yourself/v...ts-rapist/

Or this woman? Would she just have to let the man, armed with a knife, rape and kill her? http://gunssavelives.net/self-defense/vi...be-rapist/

Bad shit happens. I prefer it when bad shit happens to rapist home invading fucks.

Long live the 2nd Amendment.

And it appears you are missing the view that is most frightening and critically saddening in your point of view.

It's viewing "the criminal" as a good thing. It's the NRA representative saying good guys vs bad guys... as if thinking the world was actually a literally good vs evil black & white reality where it's so simply distinguishable.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
14-04-2015, 07:32 PM
(14-04-2015 07:30 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  And it appears you are missing the view that is most frightening and critically saddening in your point of view.

It's viewing "the criminal" as a good thing.

What doers that even mean? Consider

Quote: It's the NRA representative saying good guys vs bad guys... as if thinking the world was actually a literally good vs evil black & white reality where it's so simply distinguishable.

There are many situations where it really is that clear.

Someone breaks into my home at 3AM, someone assaults me or mine, stuff like that.