Poll: Do you think more guns means less crime?
Yes
No
I did until I saw these data
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
"More Guns means Safer" the nonsensical pro-NRA argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 01:48 PM
RE: "More Guns means Safer" the nonsensical pro-NRA argument
(29-04-2015 01:40 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 01:26 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  No one needs a fucking army style riffle or big clips!

Who are you to decide that?

Understand the difference between a need and a want.

Unless you live in a warzone, you don't NEED these types of weapons. You might want them, but that is a moot point.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2015, 01:52 PM
(29-04-2015 01:40 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 01:26 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  No one needs a fucking army style riffle or big clips!

Who are you to decide that?

Who are you to decide either? No sorry, this isn't the days of muskets here. You are also not entitled to own an armed military jet. Same stupid argument theists make with "its just a bible" ignoring that people pick it up, read it, and use it to promote bigotry and homophobia.

Humans have rights, objects do not have rights. You do not get to decide for the rest of us how our nation conducts itself. You either work with us, or get the fuck out of the way, what will not happen is the status quo.

Australia put its foot down and gun death went way down. Japan isn't a fascist state either and most nobody there owns a gun, and I am not even suggesting we get rid of all guns.

You are simply justifying your own fucking selfishness just like the religious right does playing victim when others vote. No one is telling you to go way merely for saying what we have now is unacceptable.

GROW THE FUCK UP YOU PARANOID CHILDISH BRAT!

Now what are you going to do if others decide to voice their opinions in opposition to your absurd attitude? I'll tell you the same thing I tell theists when they get childishly paranoid "If you need a gun to defend a position then your position is that of a bully".

Make whatever case you wish here, and again NO ONE IS SAYING GET RID OF THEM ALL, but if you childishly fear the fact others would like to try things differently that makes you a selfish as any right wing religious nut who falsely plays victim when they are the majority.

"Out of my cold dead hands" GROW THE FUCK UP.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
29-04-2015, 02:01 PM
(29-04-2015 01:48 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 01:40 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Who are you to decide that?

Understand the difference between a need and a want.

Unless you live in a warzone, you don't NEED these types of weapons. You might want them, but that is a moot point.

These people needed them in LA in '92.

[Image: 58852252.jpg]

The guy in the foreground has a semi-automatic rifle, the second has a large capacity pump shotgun, the third appears to have a black rifle.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
29-04-2015, 02:11 PM
(29-04-2015 02:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 01:48 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Understand the difference between a need and a want.

These people needed them in LA in '92.

[Image: 58852252.jpg]

The guy in the foreground has a semi-automatic rifle, the second has a large capacity pump shotgun, the third appears to have a black rifle.

Because they would have been unable to protect themselves with handguns or shotguns?

We have police forces and national guards to help when these types of events break out.

-Rick
29-04-2015, 02:12 PM
(29-04-2015 01:52 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 01:40 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Who are you to decide that?

Who are you to decide either? No sorry, this isn't the days of muskets here. You are also not entitled to own an armed military jet. Same stupid argument theists make with "its just a bible" ignoring that people pick it up, read it, and use it to promote bigotry and homophobia.

Humans have rights, objects do not have rights. You do not get to decide for the rest of us how our nation conducts itself. You either work with us, or get the fuck out of the way, what will not happen is the status quo.

Australia put its foot down and gun death went way down. Japan isn't a fascist state either and most nobody there owns a gun, and I am not even suggesting we get rid of all guns.

You are simply justifying your own fucking selfishness just like the religious right does playing victim when others vote. No one is telling you to go way merely for saying what we have now is unacceptable.

Now what are you going to do if others decide to voice their opinions in opposition to your absurd attitude? I'll tell you the same thing I tell theists when they get childishly paranoid "If you need a gun to defend a position then your position is that of a bully".

Make whatever case you wish here, and again NO ONE IS SAYING GET RID OF THEM ALL, but if you childishly fear the fact others would like to try things differently that makes you a selfish as any right wing religious nut who falsely plays victim when they are the majority.

Says the grown man that can't hold down a job and lives off his elderly mommy. Yeah your opinion really counts because you are such a master at life.
29-04-2015, 02:13 PM
It must be a scary world you live in where you think these types of events are so likely and commonplace that you need to be armed like a member of the military to protect yourself.

This isn't the Walking Dead or Ukraine. Dasvidaniya

-Rick
29-04-2015, 02:14 PM
(29-04-2015 02:12 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 01:52 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Who are you to decide either? No sorry, this isn't the days of muskets here. You are also not entitled to own an armed military jet. Same stupid argument theists make with "its just a bible" ignoring that people pick it up, read it, and use it to promote bigotry and homophobia.

Says the grown man that can't hold down a job and lives off his elderly mommy. Yeah your opinion really counts because you are such a master at life.

Hey look! A useless and ignorant ad hominem!

If you can't actually construct a rebuttal that is not a logical fallacy, don't expect to have your opinion respected either.

-Rick
29-04-2015, 02:16 PM
(29-04-2015 01:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Cars are not designed to kill, guns are.

Cars are are not designed to protect me or my family from nefarious invaders, guns are.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
29-04-2015, 02:18 PM
(29-04-2015 02:14 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 02:12 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Says the grown man that can't hold down a job and lives off his elderly mommy. Yeah your opinion really counts because you are such a master at life.

Hey look! A useless and ignorant ad hominem!

If you can't actually construct a rebuttal that is not a logical fallacy, don't expect to have your opinion respected either.

You didn't read his insults to me. People that live in glass houses......, just sayin
29-04-2015, 02:19 PM
(29-04-2015 02:16 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 01:47 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Cars are not designed to kill, guns are.

Cars are are not designed to protect me or my family from nefarious invaders, guns are.

Less-Lethal weapons and locks and alarm systems are.

What world do you live in where there are constantly people trying to break in and kill you and your family? Especially if you had an alarm system going off (assuming you really care about defense and protection). Do you have that many enemies that they would break into your home with an alarm blaring and come hunt you down? If so, might I recommend witness protection?

-Rick