Poll: Do you think more guns means less crime?
Yes
No
I did until I saw these data
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
"More Guns means Safer" the nonsensical pro-NRA argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: "More Guns means Safer" the nonsensical pro-NRA argument
(29-04-2015 02:18 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 02:14 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Hey look! A useless and ignorant ad hominem!

If you can't actually construct a rebuttal that is not a logical fallacy, don't expect to have your opinion respected either.

You didn't read his insults to me. People that live in glass houses......, just sayin

I read his posts, and while he had colorful language and insults, he also made salient points.

Your reply was childish and moronic.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
29-04-2015, 02:21 PM
(29-04-2015 02:13 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  It must be a scary world you live in where you think these types of events are so likely and commonplace that you need to be armed like a member of the military to protect yourself.

This isn't the Walking Dead or Ukraine. Dasvidaniya

People get nastier than the walking dead when the supply chain is cut off. Look at what happened in hurricane Katrina. I would hate to be without my AR with all those mobs of idiots running around.
29-04-2015, 02:21 PM
(29-04-2015 02:19 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 02:18 PM)KUSA Wrote:  You didn't read his insults to me. People that live in glass houses......, just sayin

I read his posts, and while he had colorful language and insults, he also made salient points.

Your reply was childish and moronic.

Only difference is that mine was true and his wasn't.
29-04-2015, 02:23 PM
(29-04-2015 02:19 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 02:16 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Cars are are not designed to protect me or my family from nefarious invaders, guns are.

Less-Lethal weapons and locks and alarm systems are.

What world do you live in where there are constantly people trying to break in and kill you and your family? Especially if you had an alarm system going off (assuming you really care about defense and protection). Do you have that many enemies that they would break into your home with an alarm blaring and come hunt you down? If so, might I recommend witness protection?

You never know what's going to happen. I choose to be well prepared.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
29-04-2015, 02:29 PM
KUSA
"People get nastier than the walking dead when the supply chain is cut off. Look at what happened in hurricane Katrina. I would hate to be without my AR with all those mobs of idiots running around."

And yet, this doesn't justify needing to own any and every type of gun and gun accessory you want.

"Only difference is that mine was true and his wasn't."
Matter of opinion, and my opinion is that your response displayed a pervasive childishness and was an immature and fallacious response. It certainly didn't have any bearing on the topic at hand and was utterly pointless.

If you have a personal problem with someone, I don't give a shit, that's on you. But don't expect people to watch your childish tirades and remain unjudgemental. Act like an immature child, and that's how you'll be perceived.

"You never know what's going to happen. I choose to be well prepared."
Yeah, and evangelicals say the same thing when they buy into Aquinas' BS about believing just to be safe.

Your fantasy reason for wanting guns, doesn't translate to a coherent or logical argument.

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
29-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Fantasy???

Hardly....

Reality = guns are NEVER going away. Make it a death penalty crime -- and criminals will STILL get their hands on guns... (Like the City of Flint Michigan - who's police officers lost almost 100 guns in the past couple of years).

And - if it comes down to it -- it's not that complicated to tool up and BUILD full auto guns. You're obviously not a machinist - or you'd know this.

You CAN disarm the law abiding citizens who own guns. But -- they've never been the problem.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-04-2015, 02:37 PM
(29-04-2015 02:29 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your fantasy reason for wanting guns, doesn't translate to a coherent or logical argument.

And you don't have anything compelling for me to not have them.

Fantasy or not I don't have to worry about wanting guns as I already have them. Lots of them. The kind that would make your wet pee hole tighten up.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
29-04-2015, 02:44 PM
(29-04-2015 02:37 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 02:29 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Your fantasy reason for wanting guns, doesn't translate to a coherent or logical argument.

And you don't have anything compelling for me to not have them.

Fantasy or not I don't have to worry about wanting guns as I already have them. Lots of them. The kind that would make your wet pee hole tighten up.

"The kind that would make your wet pee hole tighten up."
This kind of nonsense highlights the part about this being more of a gun fetish than anything.

Also, you are now shifting the burden of proof. You say you need them, I call bullshit. Then you tell me to prove you don't

It is like arguing with a fundamentalist over god. "Prove god isn't real!!!"

-Rick
29-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Fact - we CAN own these guns.

Fact -- you're twisted about it...

Fact -- tough fucking shit Zorro...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
29-04-2015, 02:52 PM
... Ya know, I think ol' Beardy's being pretty reasonable here. You guys are getting super heated about even the tiniest idea that perhaps guns aren't that great for society. Why can't you discuss objectively?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post