Poll: Do you think more guns means less crime?
Yes
No
I did until I saw these data
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
"More Guns means Safer" the nonsensical pro-NRA argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-04-2015, 05:59 PM
(29-04-2015 05:49 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 03:38 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  More fear-mongering.

If fear can't compel me to believe in god, why would you think it would compel me that your arguments for guns are valid?

On that point, what separates your fear arguments from that of theists like Aquinas? Consider

Since guns are real and we have them the onus is on you to prove that we shouldn't have them not the other way around.

You actually sound like the religious nut that is trying to make me believe a fantasy opinion of yours.

I can show you my gun and what it is capable of doing (tangible). You can't show me anything but rather want me to believe your fantasy (faith).

You are the one sprinkling holy water around not me. I'm not trying to convince you to get a gun. You are in fact trying to convince me that I shouldn't have one.

You've already pulled the typical theist line that goes "it takes more faith to be an atheist"

Next your going to tell me you're not a gun nut and that you just have a personal relationship with your guns.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2015, 06:04 PM
RE: "More Guns means Safer" the nonsensical pro-NRA argument
Dude......

Did somebody pistol whip your lame self?????

You really seem to have an unhealthy fixation on what guns other people own......

Perhaps this is a manifestation of some "personal shortcoming" you have??????

hmmmmmm

I wonder what that could be????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
29-04-2015, 06:04 PM
(29-04-2015 05:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 05:49 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Since guns are real and we have them the onus is on you to prove that we shouldn't have them not the other way around.

You actually sound like the religious nut that is trying to make me believe a fantasy opinion of yours.

I can show you my gun and what it is capable of doing (tangible). You can't show me anything but rather want me to believe your fantasy (faith).

You are the one sprinkling holy water around not me. I'm not trying to convince you to get a gun. You are in fact trying to convince me that I shouldn't have one.

More strawman and shifting of the burden of proof.

Why should I have to prove to you that I should have guns when I already own them?

Since I already own them the burden is on you as to why I shouldn't keep them.

You are the theist in this situation and I of course am the atheist. You want me to believe in your batshit ideas (faith). I can show you empirical evidence that my gun is real, that I own it, and that it is very effective (science).

Keep in mind that I am not trying to convince you that you should own a gun. However you are trying to convince me that I shouldn't. The burden is on you preacher man.
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
29-04-2015, 06:10 PM
(29-04-2015 06:04 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 05:51 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  More strawman and shifting of the burden of proof.

Why should I have to prove to you that I should have guns when I already own them?

You are the theist in this situation and I of course am the atheist. You want me to believe in your batshit ideas (faith). I can show you empirical evidence that my gun is real, that I own it, and that it is very effective (science).

Keep in mind that I am not trying to convince you that you should own a gun. However you are trying to convince me that I shouldn't. The burden is on you preacher man.

Do you know what a straw man is? Do you see your straw man? (Hint: where has my point been about removing guns or saying people shouldn't have them? I'm asking to support the claims they are needed or useful or the best form of defense, etc)

Do you understand what it means to shift the burden of proof? That instead of believing you have to validate your assertions, that I have to validate (or prove) a negative in order to refute your claims. Balderdash.

-Rick
29-04-2015, 06:46 PM
(29-04-2015 05:11 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 05:06 PM)TheBear Wrote:  It might be tasty! Have you tried it? I haven't tried it ... yet. Like I said, it might be tasty and probably nutritious. Who knows? Anyone here eat moose?

If it is good then i will be the first in line to hunt a moose.

Get in line - it's delicious. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-04-2015, 06:52 PM
(29-04-2015 06:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 06:04 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Why should I have to prove to you that I should have guns when I already own them?

Do you know what a straw man is? Do you see your straw man? (Hint: where has my point been about removing guns or saying people shouldn't have them? I'm asking to support the claims they are needed or useful or the best form of defense, etc)

Do you understand what it means to shift the burden of proof? That instead of believing you have to validate your assertions, that I have to validate (or prove) a negative in order to refute your claims. Balderdash.

Well, no. You actually are asking for justification for what the Supreme Court agrees is a Constitutional right.

It is very unlikely I could physically repel an intruder unarmed or even with a knife, sword, or baseball bat. With a gun I could.

That is all the justification I need.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-04-2015, 06:55 PM
(29-04-2015 06:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 06:10 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  More strawman and shifting of the burden of proof.

Well, no. You actually are asking for justification for what the Supreme Court agrees is a Constitutional right.

It is very unlikely I could physically repel an intruder or even with a knife, sword, or baseball bat. With a gun I could.

I don't care about the notion of it being a constitutional right, I'm asking for justification of all the claims about needing it for self-defense etc

"That is all the justification I need"
Sounds like the same sort of anecdotal confirmation bias from theists Consider

-Rick
29-04-2015, 06:56 PM
(29-04-2015 06:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 06:52 PM)Chas Wrote:  Well, no. You actually are asking for justification for what the Supreme Court agrees is a Constitutional right.

It is very unlikely I could physically repel an intruder or even with a knife, sword, or baseball bat. With a gun I could.

I don't care about the notion of it being a constitutional right, I'm asking for justification of all the claims about needing it for self-defense etc

I gave you a clear and concise explanation.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-04-2015, 06:57 PM
(29-04-2015 06:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 06:55 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I don't care about the notion of it being a constitutional right, I'm asking for justification of all the claims about needing it for self-defense etc

I gave you a clear and concise explanation.

With nothing to substantiate the claims, only assertions.

-Rick
29-04-2015, 06:58 PM
(29-04-2015 06:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-04-2015 05:11 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  If it is good then i will be the first in line to hunt a moose.

Get in line - it's delicious. Drooling

So i guess i am hunting moose. How to do it without a gun?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube