Poll: Do you think more guns means less crime?
Yes
No
I did until I saw these data
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
"More Guns means Safer" the nonsensical pro-NRA argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2015, 12:33 PM
RE: "More Guns means Safer" the nonsensical pro-NRA argument
(31-05-2015 07:14 AM)Banjo Wrote:  These arguments only take place with Americans. The rest of the civilised world understands. Perhaps Somalians agree with Americans..

Who the hell wants to live in Somalia?

I love Americans, but jeez they are funny. Smile

I'm a great shot. But who needs guns in this city? In the bush I would have guns.

How did you guys do it? How was all violent crime whatsoever eliminated from the cities? How are the cops able to give a 100% guarantee that no physical and psychological harm will befall the denizens in the city for the rest of human existence?

I ask because barring an absolute guarantee and absolute certainty that no harm will be visited on me, I will take my guns.

P.S. Please update us on transporter technology and the use of the pre-cognatives (a la Minority Report) so the police of Europe arrive just in time to stop ALL violent crime in the city.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2015, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2015 01:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(31-05-2015 12:33 PM)Gatheist Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 07:14 AM)Banjo Wrote:  These arguments only take place with Americans. The rest of the civilised world understands. Perhaps Somalians agree with Americans..

Who the hell wants to live in Somalia?

I love Americans, but jeez they are funny. Smile

I'm a great shot. But who needs guns in this city? In the bush I would have guns.

How did you guys do it? How was all violent crime whatsoever eliminated from the cities?

Banjo lives in Oz which has one of the lowest murder rates in the world. I think it has something to do with the fact they are all criminals and realize it. "Hey now, let's not get all riled up 'cause we'll just end up killing each other." Interestingly, the Czech Republic has a murder rate even lower than Oz and they have some of the most permissive gun control laws on the planet. In the Czech Republic concealed carry is mandatory and you need a special permit for open carry.

#sigh
31-05-2015, 01:45 PM
(31-05-2015 12:33 PM)Gatheist Wrote:  How did you guys do it? How was all violent crime whatsoever eliminated from the cities? How are the cops able to give a 100% guarantee that no physical and psychological harm will befall the denizens in the city for the rest of human existence?

I ask because barring an absolute guarantee and absolute certainty that no harm will be visited on me, I will take my guns.
And that's the thing with some gun people, they don't care about statistics, they don't care if making handguns available to all makes society more dangerous, they don't care if personal ownership makes their own life more dangerous.

All they care about is the fear that someone might someday attack them and imagined ability of themself being able to shoot their way out of danger.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
31-05-2015, 02:06 PM
"More Guns means Safer" the nonsensical pro-NRA argument
(31-05-2015 01:45 PM)Stevil Wrote:  .
And that's the thing with some gun people, they don't care about statistics

Statistics can be interesting but also misleading.

Regardless of what statistic you may come up with, I don't feel compelled to get rid of my arsenal.
31-05-2015, 02:27 PM
(31-05-2015 01:45 PM)Stevil Wrote:  All they care about is the fear that someone might someday attack them and imagined ability of themself being able to shoot their way out of danger.

I got some Mossbergs I keep around presumably for home invasion defense, but I'll never need to use them. 'Cause I got dogs for that.
[Image: ThePack.jpg]

#sigh
31-05-2015, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2015 02:41 PM by Gatheist.)
(31-05-2015 01:45 PM)Stevil Wrote:  And that's the thing with some gun people, they don't care about statistics, they don't care if making handguns available to all makes society more dangerous, they don't care if personal ownership makes their own life more dangerous.

All they care about is the fear that someone might someday attack them and imagined ability of themself being able to shoot their way out of danger.

Yes, like the murder capital of the United States: Vermont. Or perhaps the next dangerous state for murder: New Hampshire Let's not forget about Utah.

The point is that I find it very interesting that all the statistics show the highest areas of gun ownership are in the middle class suburbs and rural areas while the significant majority gun MURDER is in the less developed urban areas.

I guarantee that if guns became available in Japan, the violent crime rate would still be one of the lowest in the world.