More KC Q&A. The Non Chosen?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2012, 09:44 AM

RE: More KC Q&A. The Non Chosen?
(15-02-2012 09:34 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 08:04 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 04:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As in a finite amount? Yes.

So do you have a magic number of that amount?

D

No.
(15-02-2012 09:18 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 09:14 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 08:04 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(14-02-2012 04:00 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As in a finite amount? Yes.

So do you have a magic number of that amount?

D

Are you trying to get him to say 144,000? Big Grin

Actually NO! He's a brand of Christian I've not really encountered before and want to see if he's got his own Jesus-Algebra. Its not to mock, i assure you. He's peaked my curiosity.

D

Since I'm an amillennialist, the 144K is symbolic in numerology. I don't think it's a literal amount.
(15-02-2012 09:27 AM)Denicio Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 09:26 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I do not know the "how" of how He picks the elect.

Then how do you KNOW there is a finite number?

D

Because of the process of election. And, because the Bible says that not everyone will receive salvation. And, because humanity is finite. Even if every person that ever lived went to heaven it would still be a finite number.
(15-02-2012 09:34 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 09:30 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  You were faking it for whatever reason. I think we can both agree on this statement: your Christianity wasn't real. If it was real, you would not be where are you today.

You could not know God personally... yet something else we can both agree on... but for different reasons. You thought you knew, but you really didn't... which means it was a facade.

Exactly. And if it was a facade for me, then it's the exact same facade for you, my friend.

Only time will tell, I suppose... one way or another.

How do you know that you are not under a STRONG dillusion by Satan? He's got a STRONG influnce on what happens down here.

How do you know that your Chosen/Elect POV is not a simple diversion and the Southern Baptist that you easily offend are not 10000000% correct?

How do you know your POV and the exclusion of the rest of gods children wont cost you the hottest place in hell?

D
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2012, 09:58 AM
(15-02-2012 09:44 AM)Denicio Wrote:  How do you know that you are not under a STRONG dillusion by Satan? He's got a STRONG influnce on what happens down here.

I can never be certain of anything because I'm not omniscient. However, in the Bible when Jesus is accused of the same He asked why would Satan attack himself? A house divided can't stand. How would my servitude to Christ further Satan?

Quote:How do you know that your Chosen/Elect POV is not a simple diversion and the Southern Baptist that you easily offend are not 10000000% correct?

Again, I can't be certain of anything; however, my studies and interpretation of the Bible leans very, very, VERY strongly to election.

Quote:How do you know your POV and the exclusion of the rest of gods children wont cost you the hottest place in hell?

D

I don't. Again... because I'm not omniscient. But, like I've said, from my studies of the Bible, I feel that's not my chosen eternity.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2012, 10:12 AM

(15-02-2012 09:58 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't. Again... because I'm not omniscient. But, like I've said, from my studies of the Bible, I feel that's not my chosen eternity.

But you see...THERE is the rub.

You choose certain things as metaphor (that others, much more devout and educated say is factual) and other things as fact.

Even the best scholars of modern times that have gone back to the most available original texts have studied them in their native languages only to find that they are riddled with irreconcilable inconsistency's.
They dont do any Apologetic dancing around trying to make a square peg fit a round hole, they simply take the actual text in its original language (s) and see that its jacked up...and on some KEY issues.

Bart Ehrman or Robert Price did not go looking to debunk their own faith (you say they were not chosen). They went looking for truth. No more no less. Like me, they grew tired of the typical canned apologetic answers and all ran into familiar dead ends.

D
[+] 1 user Likes Denicio's post
15-02-2012, 10:31 AM
(15-02-2012 09:58 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I can never be certain of anything because I'm not omniscient. However, in the Bible when Jesus is accused of the same He asked why would Satan attack himself? A house divided can't stand. How would my servitude to Christ further Satan?

Jesus lacks imagination. He's only human after all. Or he's way more deceptive than you give him credit for.

I'm sure Satan would know something as simple as "Divide and conquer". By having a huge bunch of christian denominations each one with its fanatics, you make god's people fight each other and the message becomes contaminated. God's proof is in miracles? The devil provides miracles to the wrong people so they can look like they're right too. The world literature is full of examples where the devil had a pact with an "exorcist". By pretending to exit the possessed, the devil provides confidence for the exorcist who is in fact the devil's man and with full confidence from crowds and the halo of a holy man he can do the real damage. Sounds like a good plan. Jesus would have to be pretty dumb to ignore fake division as a very effective strategy, wouldn't you say?

Or maybe he's not stupid. Maybe he IS the devil, pretending to be god's son and shit only to make the true Jewish religion one of the smallest world religious minorities. Then he would pretend that such a strategy doesn't exist precisely because that's the strategy he was employing at the moment.

How DO you know that you're in contact with god and not the devil? As I said before, your theology is despicable. It seems like the scheme of an evil mind more than anything else. Wasn't god supposed to be good and just? We pointed to you countless times that your position is extremely unfair for the non-elect. Isn't that more consistent with a malevolent intelligence?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
15-02-2012, 12:32 PM
(15-02-2012 10:31 AM)Malleus Wrote:  We pointed to you countless times that your position is extremely unfair for the non-elect. Isn't that more consistent with a malevolent intelligence?

Remember that KC doesn't choose what he believes any more than we do. Yes it's unfair. In the same way that life's unfair. He's just expounding what he thinks of as truth. And he has conceded multiple times that God is not good in his theology, if I am remembering rightly?
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
15-02-2012, 12:49 PM
So if god is evil, satan who opposes him is... good, right? Doesn't that technically make Kingschosen a satanist?

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
15-02-2012, 12:54 PM
(15-02-2012 12:49 PM)Malleus Wrote:  So if god is evil, satan who opposes him is... good, right? Doesn't that technically make Kingschosen a satanist?

Satan does not oppose God - he does everything as God intends, under the illusion that he can fight his fate - it's completely bonkers but consistently so Tongue
15-02-2012, 02:08 PM

(15-02-2012 12:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 12:49 PM)Malleus Wrote:  So if god is evil, satan who opposes him is... good, right? Doesn't that technically make Kingschosen a satanist?

Satan does not oppose God - he does everything as God intends, under the illusion that he can fight his fate - it's completely bonkers but consistently so Tongue

You laugh, but that creates a whole NEW line of questioning for KC.

If THE PLAN was put in place before he hit the start button, then Satan was FRAMED!
Walzing around doing his own thing....gets a call from Vince McMahon (holy ghost) and is suddenly told "YOU are NOW a BAD GUY!". SMACKDOWN!!!! (where's Ego when we need him?)

This PreOrdained PLAN thing seems EVEN kookier than just garden variety christian stuff.

Satan Was Framed!!!!

D
15-02-2012, 02:18 PM
(15-02-2012 02:08 PM)Denicio Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 12:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  

You laugh, but that creates a whole NEW line of questioning for KC.

If THE PLAN was put in place before he hit the start button, then Satan was FRAMED!
Walzing around doing his own thing....gets a call from Vince McMahon (holy ghost) and is suddenly told "YOU are NOW a BAD GUY!". SMACKDOWN!!!! (where's Ego when we need him?)

This PreOrdained PLAN thing seems EVEN kookier than just garden variety christian stuff.

Satan Was Framed!!!!

D

No question. Is perfectly straight forward - God makea da plan, Satan fit with the plan... Satan no more at fault than any of us sinners - is just his nature, given by God.

Still, I'm with the guy who says fuck God, even if God told him to say that.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-02-2012, 02:32 PM
(15-02-2012 12:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-02-2012 10:31 AM)Malleus Wrote:  We pointed to you countless times that your position is extremely unfair for the non-elect. Isn't that more consistent with a malevolent intelligence?

Remember that KC doesn't choose what he believes any more than we do. Yes it's unfair. In the same way that life's unfair. He's just expounding what he thinks of as truth. And he has conceded multiple times that God is not good in his theology, if I am remembering rightly?

Yes, sometimes God can be viewed as "not good" by imperfect human standards.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]