More Pat Robertson hypocrisy.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2015, 02:20 PM
More Pat Robertson hypocrisy.
Here he both discounts and endorses Leviticus.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
15-08-2015, 02:26 PM
RE: More Pat Robertson hypocrisy.
"Pat Robertson Thinks....." Now there's an oxymoron for you.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
15-08-2015, 02:33 PM
So where did this "New covenant through Jesus which nullifies the old laws" idea come from? Is it just a wishful interpretation of Matthew 5:17?
The Jeebus Wrote:"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
15-08-2015, 04:02 PM
yep, in the first section he says all the laws of the OT were abolished and all anyone has to do is follow the commandment given by Jesus to "Have love for one another."

But when it comes to gays, oh my ... now the old laws apply again?

Censored

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
15-08-2015, 04:09 PM
(15-08-2015 02:33 PM)cactus Wrote:  So where did this "New covenant through Jesus which nullifies the old laws" idea come from? Is it just a wishful interpretation of Matthew 5:17?
The Jeebus Wrote:"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

From monks and priests years afterward making up ideas out of nothing.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
15-08-2015, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 15-08-2015 06:50 PM by Cosmic Discourse.)
(15-08-2015 02:20 PM)pablo Wrote:  Here he both discounts and endorses Leviticus.

I saw this on Kyle Kulinkski's YouTube channel (Secular Talk). It's hilarious to watch apologetics operating on such a base level of special pleading and cherry picking.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-08-2015, 07:51 PM
I like how he laughs "I don't know where you found that", when the caller mentions avoiding menstruating women, as if the caller made it up. You can clearly see he's thinking, That's too silly to be in the Bible, so it cannot be.

Except it is:

19 When a woman has her regular flow of blood, the impurity of her monthly period will last seven days, and anyone who touches her will be unclean till evening.
20 Anything she lies on during her period will be unclean, and anything she sits on will be unclean. 21 Anyone who touches her bed will be unclean; they must wash their clothes and bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening. 22 Anyone who touches anything she sits on will be unclean; they must wash their clothes and bathe with water, and they will be unclean till evening. 23 Whether it is the bed or anything she was sitting on, when anyone touches it, they will be unclean till evening.
24 If a man has sexual relations with her and her monthly flow touches him, he will be unclean for seven days; any bed he lies on will be unclean.
-Leviticus 15:19-24 (NIV)

18 If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people.
-Leviticus 20:18 (NIV) (This one is dead in the middle of several verses against incest and bestiality, so it's a pretty serious prohibition.)

Personally, I like the way it's phrased in Ezekiel 18:5-6...

5 Suppose there is a righteous man
who does what is just and right.
6 He does not eat at the mountain shrines
or look to the idols of Israel.
He does not defile his neighbor’s wife
or have sexual relations with a woman during her period.

But yeah, Pat, go ahead and laugh at those silly people who actually read the Bible.

Jackass.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post