More Quantum Woo: Greg Kuhn

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2013, 10:59 PM
More Quantum Woo: Greg Kuhn
http://whyquantumphysicists.com/

This sort of thing is doubly vicious because it is New Age mumbo-jumbo bullshit being sold as science. Prior to quantum woo New Age types sought to denigrate science ("science doesn't have all the answers", "science is concerned with only what we can see", blah, blah, blah). But some cynical asshole (Deepak Chopra?) realised that you can outflank scientific critique and actually exploit science by claiming that your superstition has a scientific foundation.

Greg Kuhn is yet another riding the quantum woo bandwagon. His books include:

Why Quantum Physicists Don't Get Fat
Why Quantum Physicists Create More Abundance
Why Quantum Physicists Do Not Suffer

Note that they have ~4 star ratings.

If there is anyone that has studied quantum physics to at least the undergraduate level and has the time and motivation to post an Amazon review I can help you get one (or more) of Kuhn's bullshit books (assumimg you can't source them yourself).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2013, 12:24 AM
RE: More Quantum Woo: Greg Kuhn
It's always the way... cutting edge science that seems mysterious to most non-scientists.

Electricity was once thought to be the "essence of life"... and could perhaps resurrect the dead. Then radiation was seen as a "wonder cure", people could buy uranium blocks to immerse in drinking water, in the hope it would help them sustain a boner at 102.

Quantum Mechanics is the new one, to most people it's mysterious and almost magical...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
08-10-2013, 06:53 AM
(07-10-2013 10:59 PM)Chippy Wrote:  http://whyquantumphysicists.com/

This sort of thing is doubly vicious because it is New Age mumbo-jumbo bullshit being sold as science. Prior to quantum woo New Age types sought to denigrate science ("science doesn't have all the answers", "science is concerned with only what we can see", blah, blah, blah). But some cynical asshole (Deepak Chopra?) realised that you can outflank scientific critique and actually exploit science by claiming that your superstition has a scientific foundation.

If there is anyone that has studied quantum physics to at least the undergraduate level and has the time and motivation to post an Amazon review I can help you get one (or more) of Kuhn's bullshit books (assumimg you can't source them yourself).

You just committed a sin among the atheist forum, you have attacked quantum woo.
Find all posts by this user
08-10-2013, 06:59 AM
(08-10-2013 06:53 AM)I and I Wrote:  You just committed a sin among the atheist forum, you have attacked quantum woo.

You are an idiot.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
08-10-2013, 08:19 AM
That's not quantum woo, that's biological woo. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
08-10-2013, 08:32 AM
(07-10-2013 10:59 PM)Chippy Wrote:  http://whyquantumphysicists.com/

I don't find it offensive when people say that "science does not have all the answers", because it is true. But usually such a statement precedes their own BS answers. Also some questions do not have satisfying answers because the questions were based on BS answers.

But I agree it is annoying that science is abused for new age mumbo jumbo. Before, quantum mechanics, they were abusing the big bang theory, relativity theory,
evolution theory, Goedel's incompleteness theorem, etc.

However, I do not have the time or energy to write negative reviews
to the nearly infinite supply of quack science books out there.
[+] 1 user Likes black_squirrel's post
13-10-2013, 10:06 PM
These "Scientists" (HUGE QUOTE MARKS) take advantage of the difficulty to understand the subject of Quantum Physics to trick people into believing their pseudoscientific BS
[+] 1 user Likes EinsteinToNewton's post