More Shroud of Turin crap.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2012, 06:09 PM
More Shroud of Turin crap.
It barely news, but I'm sure some nut-bag in your respective areas will bring this up as being evidence.
Gotta love Fox.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/04/0...p=features

Just spreading the news.

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-04-2012, 04:01 AM
RE: More Shroud of Turin crap.
(06-04-2012 06:09 PM)Dunhill808 Wrote:  It barely news, but I'm sure some nut-bag in your respective areas will bring this up as being evidence.
Gotta love Fox.

Just spreading the news.

My question always was : if Jeebus cared enough to send the shroud down through the ages, why would he allow it to get damaged in the fire in the Turin Cathedral ? Oh that's right .. these are the end times .. and the see-les-tial fire department had too much OT that pay period.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-04-2012, 07:51 AM
It's an evaluation of my self-worth and sense of importance in the universe that I even clicked on this topic. Need moar Gwynnies! Big Grin

Of course I didn't click on the link, and it's still better than an Egor topic... Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
07-04-2012, 08:28 AM
(07-04-2012 04:01 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(06-04-2012 06:09 PM)Dunhill808 Wrote:  It barely news, but I'm sure some nut-bag in your respective areas will bring this up as being evidence.
Gotta love Fox.

Just spreading the news.

My question always was : if Jeebus cared enough to send the shroud down through the ages, why would he allow it to get damaged in the fire in the Turin Cathedral ? Oh that's right .. these are the end times .. and the see-les-tial fire department had too much OT that pay period.
LOL...Jeebus was merely playing the Libertarian tea party end. He cut the funding for celestial fire control and moved it to the private sector. The private fire control saw no profit from extinguishing it so just sat back and let it burn.

"Praise Sweet Baby Jesus!" - RevJ. Cool

My Sites: www.jesuschristarcade.com - www.facebook.com/jesuschristarcade - Twitter@jesusarcade
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-04-2012, 08:50 PM
Seems like every third documentary in the documentary section of my TV listings is about the shroud of Turin. The others are about Hitler and "History's Greatest Warriors" which only ever plays the Moses and David & Goliath episodes over and over.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
10-04-2012, 08:54 PM
moses and david and goliath? There were much more interesting warriors than those examples. What kind of channel are you describing?

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
11-04-2012, 06:05 PM
(10-04-2012 08:54 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  moses and david and goliath? There were much more interesting warriors than those examples. What kind of channel are you describing?
Discovery, History and NatGeo

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
14-04-2012, 02:43 AM
(11-04-2012 06:05 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  
(10-04-2012 08:54 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  moses and david and goliath? There were much more interesting warriors than those examples. What kind of channel are you describing?

Discovery, History and NatGeo

Anyone else remember when these channels used to be reputable sources of information and learning? Now it’s all monsters, Myans, bible secrets and aliens…….or secret aliens in the bible. Big Grin

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
[+] 3 users Like Dunhill808's post
14-04-2012, 03:09 AM
It's so fake, it's ridiculous.

Has anyone ever noticed that the alleged facial print is very similar to ancient paintings depicting jesus? It looks like a medieval painting of jesus.

Anyway, here's some of the freakiest bed sheets I've ever seen:

[Image: bl0os.jpg]
14-04-2012, 06:54 AM
(14-04-2012 03:09 AM)mysterious stranger Wrote:  It's so fake, it's ridiculous.

Has anyone ever noticed that the alleged facial print is very similar to ancient paintings depicting jesus? It looks like a medieval painting of jesus.
That's what I thought... of course I believe I saw a few "reasons" behind it: jesus wanted people to know what he looked like so the knowledge was passed down in everyone or it was divine inspiration just like all paintings/etc.

Of course whenever someone shows me a picture of jesus and says it's what he looks like, I just reply "really, so jesus was a Caucasian man from Europe/USA?"