More anger issues

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2014, 08:58 AM
More anger issues
As some of you have noticed, I've been MIA for a short while. I wanted to take this time to let you know that I am alright and I am not leaving you guys, I just need time to work through this anger and hatred without dragging you guys down with me.

I've talked about being a "nice guy" before and how it is a choice for me. It's because of times like this that I strive to be a nice guy. I am an asshole, plain and simple. I have to actively work to be a nice person. Everyone, even myself, likes me better when I'm not being an asshole.

I've come to recognize the signs of me reverting back to my asshole ways and tend to withdraw from society when I feel the spiral coming. Recent events in my life have shoved me down a hole so deep I can scarcely see any light coming in. I'm working my way back up to a point where I can feel the warmth of the light again and resume my normally scheduled life.

I may be online sporadically here and there, but will be limiting my posting severely as I am not myself right now.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post
22-04-2014, 09:02 AM
RE: More anger issues
(22-04-2014 08:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  As some of you have noticed, I've been MIA for a short while. I wanted to take this time to let you know that I am alright and I am not leaving you guys, I just need time to work through this anger and hatred without dragging you guys down with me.

I've talked about being a "nice guy" before and how it is a choice for me. It's because of times like this that I strive to be a nice guy. I am an asshole, plain and simple. I have to actively work to be a nice person. Everyone, even myself, likes me better when I'm not being an asshole.

I've come to recognize the signs of me reverting back to my asshole ways and tend to withdraw from society when I feel the spiral coming. Recent events in my life have shoved me down a hole so deep I can scarcely see any light coming in. I'm working my way back up to a point where I can feel the warmth of the light again and resume my normally scheduled life.

I may be online sporadically here and there, but will be limiting my posting severely as I am not myself right now.

I'll miss you. Hopefully you'll get everything sorted.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
22-04-2014, 09:02 AM
Have you looked into theropy or maybe getting you hormone levels checked? My wife is on mood stabilizing meds with counsoling and it helps alot. She has a really bad, explosive, super angry temper when not medicated.
22-04-2014, 09:08 AM
(22-04-2014 09:02 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Have you looked into theropy or maybe getting you hormone levels checked? My wife is on mood stabilizing meds with counsoling and it helps alot. She has a really bad, explosive, super angry temper when not medicated.

I am on medication that helps me regulate my moods and anger. That's what helps me to realize when I am spiraling downward and to get a grasp on it. Societal withdrawal is just my way of sheltering others. When I get like this, every little thing annoys me and I want to rage against people who annoy me. It's not fair to them. I have a really really long fuse, but it's attached to a nuke. I try to keep people far enough away in times like this in case I do reach the end of my fuse.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
22-04-2014, 09:08 AM
(22-04-2014 08:58 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  I've come to recognize the signs of me reverting back to my asshole ways and tend to withdraw from society when I feel the spiral coming. Recent events in my life have shoved me down a hole so deep I can scarcely see any light coming in. I'm working my way back up to a point where I can feel the warmth of the light again and resume my normally scheduled life.

Its good that you can recognize the signs.
Its good that you take action when you see it happening.

I'm sorry life is hitting you hard these days.

It's good you are working your way back up.

take care, we will be here when you are ready.

Hug

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
22-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Sorry to read this. I wish you luck getting through it. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
22-04-2014, 09:13 AM
(22-04-2014 09:08 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(22-04-2014 09:02 AM)wazzel Wrote:  Have you looked into theropy or maybe getting you hormone levels checked? My wife is on mood stabilizing meds with counsoling and it helps alot. She has a really bad, explosive, super angry temper when not medicated.

I am on medication that helps me regulate my moods and anger. That's what helps me to realize when I am spiraling downward and to get a grasp on it. Societal withdrawal is just my way of sheltering others. When I get like this, every little thing annoys me and I want to rage against people who annoy me. It's not fair to them. I have a really really long fuse, but it's attached to a nuke. I try to keep people far enough away in times like this in case I do reach the end of my fuse.

Glad to hear that. My wife does not have those skills. Hope you quickly get through this dip.
[+] 1 user Likes wazzel's post
22-04-2014, 09:34 AM
I need to keep playing this on repeat.

22-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Good for you for your awareness, I know a major asshole in my life who thinks he's the shit (He kinda is Tongue ). *You* are not an asshole, even if you have these feelings. This is evident because of the choices you make, and good for you. Many of us (me too) have anger that flares up time to time. We are subject to our bodies biology, unfortunately.

Glad you are sticking around, I have noticed you not posting much. Take care. Shy
[+] 2 users Like LadyJane's post
22-04-2014, 09:58 AM
(22-04-2014 09:41 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Good for you for your awareness, I know a major asshole in my life who thinks he's the shit (He kinda is Tongue ). *You* are not an asshole, even if you have these feelings. This is evident because of the choices you make, and good for you. Many of us (me too) have anger that flares up time to time. We are subject to our bodies biology, unfortunately.

Glad you are sticking around, I have noticed you not posting much. Take care. Shy

Thanks, but I really am an asshole by nature. I am introverted, misanthropic, and have a massive ego. I could make muffs seem like a kind hearted old lady if I let myself interact with humanity unchecked and I could teach Taq a few new ways to insult people.