• 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2017, 11:03 AM
More awesome cops
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2...s-teenager
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2017, 11:12 AM
RE: More awesome cops
"But... but... <insert excuses, whistle words, and anecdotes about past crimes here>"

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
03-05-2017, 11:19 AM
I was just going to throw out the white conservative talking point of "if you just do what the cops tell you to, then everything will be fine".

You know....from the ones that supposedly love freedom and small government.
03-05-2017, 11:28 AM
Seems there are some good cops here...

They investigated and fired the guy who made a bad shooting.

No "wall of blue" covering shit up....

But, we'll just go with "all cops are pig's" because it's fashionable and makes you sound ,"righteous".....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
03-05-2017, 11:33 AM
(03-05-2017 11:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Seems there are some good cops here...

But, we'll just go with "all cops are pig's" because it's fashionable and makes you sound ,"righteous".....

Cool, since no one even said anything like that, but thanks for throwing out a victim card to bitch about.

Also, kind of hard to cover something up when there is video showing exactly what happened.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
03-05-2017, 11:43 AM
(03-05-2017 11:33 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  

Cool, since no one even said anything like that, but thanks for throwing out a victim card to bitch about.

Also, kind of hard to cover something up when there is video showing exactly what happened.

Anyone that had Online Biker as the Police Apologist may take 1 cookie. Everyone else, pay more attention.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
03-05-2017, 11:45 AM
(03-05-2017 11:33 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  

I must say that, from your OP, I couldn't tell whether you were criticizing the cop who did the shooting, or commending the ones who fired him (the article you linked leans toward the latter). Maybe olb was a bit snarky in making the point that there are two sides to this, but I think it's an important point to make.
03-05-2017, 11:50 AM
(03-05-2017 11:45 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 11:33 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Cool, since no one even said anything like that, but thanks for throwing out a victim card to bitch about.

I must say that, from your OP, I couldn't tell whether you were criticizing the cop who did the shooting, or commending the ones who fired him (the article you linked leans toward the latter). Maybe olb was a bit snarky in making the point that there are two sides to this, but I think it's an important point to make.

Why wouldn't (or couldn't) you do both?

I just think it's quite funny in an attempt to criticize a knee jerk emotion-filled reaction (that no one had), OLB himself had a knee jerk emotion-filled reaction.
03-05-2017, 11:59 AM
There has been a real push back that if you criticize the police in ANY way, you are somehow un-American.

Blind worship of authority is dangerous and doesn't do anyone any good. Being a cop doesn't instantly make you a 'hero'.

For christ's sake, teachers are more scrutinized and criticized and they don't have the power or authority to kill people.

It's a discussion that NEEDS to happen, whether people like it or not.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like ShadowProject's post
03-05-2017, 12:22 PM
(03-05-2017 11:50 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 11:45 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I must say that, from your OP, I couldn't tell whether you were criticizing the cop who did the shooting, or commending the ones who fired him (the article you linked leans toward the latter). Maybe olb was a bit snarky in making the point that there are two sides to this, but I think it's an important point to make.

Why wouldn't (or couldn't) you do both?

I just think it's quite funny in an attempt to criticize a knee jerk emotion-filled reaction (that no one had), OLB himself had a knee jerk emotion-filled reaction.

Yeah, he seems to go out of his way to be "un-PC" and snarky. But he might have been confused over what you were trying to say (as I was). I will give you both the benefit of the doubt.