More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2017, 07:19 PM
RE: More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?
(20-02-2017 06:13 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm guessing this is the nonsense that passes for critical/skeptical/rational thinking among these parts?

And so then, what are you doing here again ? Facepalm
Maybe you should retreat to the hallowed halls of higher learning were you came from ? Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2017, 07:23 PM
(20-02-2017 03:37 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 03:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  CLAIMED to have met his brother.

It's an eye-witness account of someone who met his brother and disciples, in fact one who had a number of disagreement with them. But go ahead continue on with your mental gymnastics, as to how someone who had a biological brother, who we have an eye witness accounts of an individual who met him, as well as referenced in Josephus, didn't exist. lol. Let's hear more of your deluded atheist logic.

Quote:The letters of Paul contradict seriously what he is said to have done in Acts.

And Paul didn't write Acts, so who gives a shit

Acts and what is claimed in the letters cannot BOTH be true. Someone is lying. They contradict each other. Repeating the CLAIM that someone met someone is evidence of nothing, however much you wish it were true.

If you think atheists have deluded logic, why is it you continue to hang around here ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2017, 07:24 PM
(20-02-2017 07:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And so then, what are you doing here again ? Facepalm
Maybe you should retreat to the hallowed halls of higher learning were you came from ? Weeping

Because I wanna know how you account for your own ridiculousness.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
20-02-2017, 07:30 PM
(20-02-2017 07:17 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Says the poster who referred to Chick Tracts as "scholarly pamphlets"... Drinking Beverage

Says the guys who can't tell an obvious joke.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
20-02-2017, 07:38 PM
(20-02-2017 07:30 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 07:17 PM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Says the poster who referred to Chick Tracts as "scholarly pamphlets"... Drinking Beverage

The pamphlets or your posts?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
20-02-2017, 07:38 PM
(20-02-2017 07:30 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Being famous for saying stupid things gets that kind of result, dude.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
20-02-2017, 07:45 PM
(20-02-2017 07:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Acts and what is claimed in the letters cannot BOTH be true. Someone is lying. They contradict each other. Repeating the CLAIM that someone met someone is evidence of nothing, however much you wish it were true.

No, an eye-witness, first hand account, is an eye-witness, firsthand account.

And I never said about Acts, think what you want about it, it's irrelevant.

20-02-2017, 07:47 PM
(20-02-2017 07:38 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Being famous for saying stupid things gets that kind of result, dude.

touche

20-02-2017, 07:51 PM
(20-02-2017 07:24 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 07:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  And so then, what are you doing here again ? Facepalm

Because I wanna know how you account for your own ridiculousness.

My how that answer has changed over the years.
Did your Jebus teach you that disrespect and insults are the way to bring people to him ?

I don't have to account for anything, Mr. -10.

20-02-2017, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2017 08:14 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(20-02-2017 07:45 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, an eye-witness, first hand account, is an eye-witness, firsthand account.

Now all you have to do is prove it is what you claim it is.
You can't, and you know it.

Clearly you *need* it to be what you claim.
Lets have the scientific evidence for your claim. You asked for that for Caesar. All we're asking is that YOU do what you asked as YOUR standard.
Or, are you maybe a hypocrite ? No. That can't be.