More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2017, 10:25 AM
RE: More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?
(21-02-2017 06:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, it's not a claim, it's fact. It is an eye-witness/first hand account, by it's very nature. You're the one claiming it's not to be trusted, fabricated, etc... not me.

I saw Harry Potter. I met Harry Potter.

There is no difference between the two CLAIMS. You have not a shred of evidence for your (claimed-fake) "fact". You CLAIM it's a fact. You have no evidence it is.
There is nothing that is "fact" *by it's very nature*. You're making up shit to support your shit. It's a "category error". Their is no such category that you claim.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_mistake

You're sounding VERY desperate, widdle Tomato. Maybe you should retweat to the wabbit hole for a spell.

In a time of Pious fraud, everything is suspect, especially coming from Paul.
Romans 3:7
"For if the truth of God has more abounded through my lie to his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner?"

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-02-2017, 10:25 AM
(21-02-2017 10:21 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 09:58 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You make it clear that you don't read replies to you when you write such drivel, also in my previous post:

When your replies are strawmen, I don’t reply to them. If you want to argue anything beside the points I’ve raised, they’ll be ignored as well.

Quote:"And yet again you ignore that we don't have anything from James. We have Paul claiming to have met James. Maybe he met James, or maybe he met someone pretending to be James, or maybe Paul made it all up, or maybe Paul hallucinated it. With no corroborating evidence, it is impossible to draw an accurate conclusion.

Again doofus, here’s the claim: “Jesus had a brother named James”, what evidence do we have regarding this. We have an eye witness account of someone who met James, collaborating that relationship, we have a a variety of NT also collaborating this relationship. We also have Josephus writing of James’s death, collaborating that relationship as well.

So yes, there’s a variety of collaborating evidence that Jesus had a brother named James. Far more than anyone can reasonably ask for.

Quote:But (yet again) you presume to know what we are all apparently thinking.

No I just think on certain subjects, atheist like yourself venture into the tinfoil hat territory, and resort to atrociously silly arguments to defend yourself.

Quote:Because the only possible conclusion is that the person claiming to be "James, brother of Jesus" was real and telling Paul the truth? It is literally impossible for Paul to have imagined it, or lied about it, or hallucinated it, or that the person making the claims to him imagined it, or lied about it, or hallucinated it? Seeing as how there is no evidence to corroborate the claims that the person talking to Paul was in fact Jesus' brother, all you have is an assumption. Not evidence (historical or otherwise).

There’s plenty of collaborating evidence that Jesus had a brother named James, including Josephus. In fact we have more than we could ever expect to collaborate that relationship, eye-witness collaboration, nt collaboration, a non-christian historical collaboration.

I’m guessing they all hallucinated it as well?

This is just getting pathetic. Your ranting and rambling of ignorant bullshit, lies, and false accusations make you look like a petulant child stomping and stamping their feet.

"Waaah! Waaah! They don't believe what I believe because they want actual evidence with a logical connection between it and the claims. It is claimed that Jesus had a brother, so (somehow in my head) someone claiming to be the brother of Jesus is somehow evidence it's true! Waaah! Believe me because...reasons."

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
21-02-2017, 10:26 AM
(21-02-2017 10:24 AM)adey67 Wrote:  That's Toxic Tom ™ for ya Tongue

That's catchy Thumbsup

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
21-02-2017, 10:31 AM
At work.

Only part of me is sorry for the following.

"Toxic Tom, like the plague catchy."
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
21-02-2017, 10:31 AM
(21-02-2017 10:31 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Only part of me is sorry for the following.

"Toxic Tom, like the plague catchy."

Catchy like herpes

-Rick
21-02-2017, 10:32 AM
(21-02-2017 10:25 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "Waaah! Waaah! They don't believe what I believe because they want actual evidence with a logical connection between it and the claims. It is claimed that Jesus had a brother, so (somehow in my head) someone claiming to be the brother of Jesus is somehow evidence it's true! Waaah! Believe me because...reasons."

Is that the best you got?

And multiple first century sources, including a first-hand account, and non-christian, historical account, establishing a familial relationship between two people, is evidence, that leads very little doubt that Jesus did in fact have a brother named James. Not sure what other sort of evidence you're expecting here to establish that relationship.

Because clearly it's not going to be DNA, or archaeological evidence establishing this relationship.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
21-02-2017, 10:34 AM
(21-02-2017 10:32 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 10:25 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "Waaah! Waaah! They don't believe what I believe because they want actual evidence with a logical connection between it and the claims. It is claimed that Jesus had a brother, so (somehow in my head) someone claiming to be the brother of Jesus is somehow evidence it's true! Waaah! Believe me because...reasons."

Is that the best you got?

And multiple first century sources, including a first-hand account, and non-christian, historical account, establishing a familial relationship between two people, is evidence, that leads very little doubt that Jesus did in fact have a brother named James. Not sure what other sort of evidence you're expecting here to establish that relationship.

Because clearly it's not going to be DNA, or archaeological evidence establishing this relationship.

*establishes that people believed that a person who may or may not have existed may have had a brother*

More obfuscation. Who here is denying or disputing that it is claimed Jesus had a brother?

-Rick
21-02-2017, 10:36 AM
Or to put it another way, if Jesus didn't actually exist, he didn't have a brother. So the brother claim becomes more probable once you show evidence Jesus is real. We will wait for the contemporary accounts and archeological evidence of Jesus now Drinking Beverage

-Rick
21-02-2017, 10:43 AM
(21-02-2017 10:34 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  *establishes that people believed that a person who may or may not have existed may have had a brother*

Silly rabbit.

Might as well apply that logic to every historical person in ancient history, that we don't know who any of their brothers, parents, siblings are, because all we have are written sources establishing those relationship. And all these written sources should be treated as what they believed, but not as what is true, lol.

And notice you can apply your stupendous logic to every historical detail, that doesn't involve archaeological evidence, that they're mere beliefs of the historians, and persons writing about them. In fact if we did have an eye-witness account of Jesus life and death, if Josephus was a witness to it, you're ridiculous argument would just be appealed to again.

I do wonder if you actually buy your own bullshit here? Or if you're just blowing smoke out your ass.

21-02-2017, 10:45 AM
(21-02-2017 10:43 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 10:34 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  *establishes that people believed that a person who may or may not have existed may have had a brother*

Silly rabbit.

Might as well apply that logic to every historical person in ancient history, that we don't know who any of their brothers, parents, siblings are, because all we have are written sources establishing those relationship. And all these written sources should be treated as what they believed, but not as what is true, lol.

And notice you can apply your stupendous logic to every historical detail, that doesn't involve archaeological evidence, that they're mere beliefs of the historians, and persons writing about them. In fact if we did in fact have an eye-witness account of Jesus life and death, if Josephus was a witness to it, you're ridiculous argument would just be appealed to again.

read what is written in response to you. Repeating the same things to you over and over again because you're lazy is tiring

-Rick