More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2017, 12:13 PM
RE: More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?
(21-02-2017 12:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No, they're not. Paul never saw Jesus. He NEVER saw him at all. It's more of evidence that Paul existed than Jesus.

That's where I stopped reading. Drinking Beverage

Again, Paul is an eye-witness, first hand account, of meeting his brother and disciples, not Jesus.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2017, 12:14 PM
(21-02-2017 11:11 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 10:55 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Tomato logic: "If I ignore rebuttals that refute my claims/assertions, it is as if I am correct"

Since you seem hell-bent on ignoring things, I will repost another reply you've skipped: "Or to put it another way, if Jesus didn't actually exist, he didn't have a brother. So the brother claim becomes more probable once you show evidence Jesus is real. We will wait for the contemporary accounts and archeological evidence of Jesus now "

I'll put it this way "If Jesus did have a brother, particularly when that relationship is multiply collaborated here, than he did exist."

You want an argument where this is conveniently left off the table, as evidence for a historical Jesus, but yea, that ain't happening. You want to find some way to get your brain to jump through hoops, to make your ridiculous reasoning work, but yet that aint happening.

That doesn't make any sense and still completely ignores literally every point contra to your own. You are still obfuscating and constructing straw men.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
21-02-2017, 12:16 PM
(21-02-2017 12:13 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 12:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  No, they're not. Paul never saw Jesus. He NEVER saw him at all. It's more of evidence that Paul existed than Jesus.

Again, Paul is an eye-witness, first hand account, of meeting his brother and disciples, not Jesus.

Paul is an eye-witness, first-hand account, of meeting people alleging to be Jesus' brother and disciples and neither Paul or the people he met offer any evidence to substantiate it other than the claim about Jesus that "Jesus had a brother and disciples." Two claims don't make evidence in the same way that two wrongs don't make a right.

Two lies from you don't make the truth. And two straw men from you don't make a salient point either. Laugh out load

-Rick
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
21-02-2017, 12:25 PM

Adey 67
17/9/67-21/2/17
Died facepalming.
RIP
[+] 5 users Like adey67's post
21-02-2017, 12:46 PM
(21-02-2017 12:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 12:13 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Again, Paul is an eye-witness, first hand account, of meeting his brother and disciples, not Jesus.

Paul is an eye-witness, first-hand account, of meeting people alleging to be Jesus' brother and disciples and neither Paul or the people he met offer any evidence to substantiate it other than the claim about Jesus that "Jesus had a brother and disciples." Two claims don't make evidence in the same way that two wrongs don't make a right.

Two lies from you don't make the truth. And two straw men from you don't make a salient point either. Laugh out load

Lol, now tell me that what sort of non-written collaborative sources, indicating a familial relationship, between people in the first century are we suppose to be expecting here? DNA evidence?

According to you everything is alleged unless we have archeological evidence to confirm it. Which would indicate the bulk of pre-modern history is composed of allegations.

We might as well just say your son is only allegedly your biological child, and not the mailman's because you haven't confirmed it with DNA evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
21-02-2017, 12:49 PM

Or people who claimed to be. If I wrote a letter to someone and claimed to have met you, would that instantly make it true? I could even repeat things you've written here to others -- of course with a slant, and call it first-hand, eye witness, but it doesn't mean that you and I have ever met face to face in real life, nor does it mean that you said once that cows were the new chickens to my face.

Paul is a complicated biblical figure, I would call him a poser -- he wanted so much to "fit in" to a group. I think he largely invented a group to fit into. He had issues with women, and most other people.

To round this out, if I did in fact, mail such a letter to a friend that you sat with me one fine day and described to me in great detail how 20 cows could be kept in essentially in a hen house (it would probably have be renamed a cow-house), and began clucking and laying eggs, and they kept that bit of correspondence for three hundred years. It only proves that I existed to write the letter three hundred years earlier. It doesn't offer any real evidence that you actually existed.

Even if you were a "historic" figure who led people to believe to in the 21st Century that you could keep many cows in a small coop, and they would begin to cluck instead of moo, and lay eggs...Still my letter isn't proof that we ever actually met. Even if my words fit your oddball narrative doesn't make it true.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-02-2017, 12:49 PM
Chomp, chomp, chew, grind, woof woof.
Laugh out load Rolleyes
21-02-2017, 12:52 PM

Again, so you claim with no evidence.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
21-02-2017, 01:06 PM
(21-02-2017 12:46 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 12:16 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Paul is an eye-witness, first-hand account, of meeting people alleging to be Jesus' brother and disciples and neither Paul or the people he met offer any evidence to substantiate it other than the claim about Jesus that "Jesus had a brother and disciples." Two claims don't make evidence in the same way that two wrongs don't make a right.

Lol, now tell me that what sort of non-written collaborative sources, indicating a familial relationship, between people in the first century are we suppose to be expecting here? DNA evidence?

According to you everything is alleged unless we have archeological evidence to confirm it. Which would indicate the bulk of pre-modern history is composed of allegations.

We might as well just say your son is only allegedly your biological child, and not the mailman's because you haven't confirmed it with DNA evidence.

Step 1 for showing that you are someone's brother: Demonstrate that your supposed brother is real

Start there instead of continuing to erect your straw men

-Rick
21-02-2017, 01:23 PM
(21-02-2017 12:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 12:13 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Again, Paul is an eye-witness, first hand account, of meeting his brother and disciples, not Jesus.

Again, so you claim with no evidence.

Except of course the eye witness first account, multiple NT collaborations, along with even further collaboration by Josephus.

All historical evidence, establishing the relationship between James and Jesus.