More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2017, 01:27 PM
RE: More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?
(21-02-2017 01:23 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 12:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Again, so you claim with no evidence.

Except of course the eye witness first account, multiple NT collaborations, along with even further collaboration by Josephus.

All historical evidence, establishing the relationship between James and Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either you are stupid enough to not know what BB is referring to, or you are dishonest enough to not care so you keep erecting the straw men.

When has anyone ever said that it is untrue that Jesus was claimed to have had a brother or disciples? Meaning that someone CLAIMING to be a brother or disciple or CLAIMING to have met said brothers and disciples, is consistent with (and accurate) the claims made about the person. What is disputed is whether or not the person every even existed. That has ALWAYS been the questions, but you continue to obfuscate and erect straw men.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2017, 01:33 PM
(21-02-2017 01:27 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Either you are stupid enough to not know what BB is referring to, or you are dishonest enough to not care so you keep erecting the straw men.

When has anyone ever said that it is untrue that Jesus was claimed to have had a brother or disciples? Meaning that someone CLAIMING to be a brother or disciple or CLAIMING to have met said brothers and disciples, is consistent with (and accurate) the claims made about the person. What is disputed is whether or not the person every even existed. That has ALWAYS been the questions, but you continue to obfuscate and erect straw men.

I'm the one that brought up the James, Jesus connection, you're the two idiots that wanted to argue with me over the points I've raised, and attempted to erect several straw-man along the way.

You're the one attempting to dispute my claim, not the other way around, and the best argument your dopey ass could muster is an attempt to preface every non-archaeologically verifiable historical detail, with "allegedly" even when multiply attested to.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
21-02-2017, 01:36 PM
(21-02-2017 01:33 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 01:27 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Either you are stupid enough to not know what BB is referring to, or you are dishonest enough to not care so you keep erecting the straw men.

I'm the one that brought up the James, Jesus connection, you're the two idiots that wanted to argue with me over the points I've raised, and attempted to erect several straw-man along the way.

You're the one attempting to dispute my claim, not the other way around, and the best argument your dopey ass could muster is an attempt to preface every non-archaeologically verifiable historical detail, with "allegedly" even when multiply attested to.

Do what? Do you even understand what is being disputed about your bullshit?

-Rick
21-02-2017, 01:38 PM
(21-02-2017 01:36 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Do what? Do you even understand what is being disputed about your bullshit?

If you're disputing anything else other than the James Jesus connection I raised, than you're just disputing strawmen.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
21-02-2017, 01:39 PM
(21-02-2017 01:38 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 01:36 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Do what? Do you even understand what is being disputed about your bullshit?

If you're disputing anything else other than the James Jesus connection I raised, than you're just disputing strawmen.

Once again, what do you think is being disputed? You need to be specific because you just keep spouting off straw men and bullshit.

-Rick
21-02-2017, 01:41 PM
(21-02-2017 01:39 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Once again, what do you think is being disputed? You need to be specific because you just keep spouting off straw men and bullshit.

Like I said if you're disputing anything other than the connection I raised, you're just erecting a strawman.

So what do you think you're disputing?

21-02-2017, 01:44 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2017 01:50 PM by TheBeardedDude.)
(21-02-2017 01:41 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 01:39 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Once again, what do you think is being disputed? You need to be specific because you just keep spouting off straw men and bullshit.

Like I said if you're disputing anything other than the connection I raised, your just erecting a strawman.

So what do you think you're disputing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what the fuck you mean by "Like I said if you're disputing anything other than the connection I raised, your (sic) just erecting a strawman." WHAT DO YOU MEAN?

"So what do you think you're disputing? "

This has been answered by us multiple times but you don't get it. Which is why I am asking you to elaborate. Either you have no fucking clue because you are woefully deficient in your mental faculties, or you are a dishonest twit erecting straw men. So, tell me what you think we are disputing specifically so I can see which of the two options it is.

-Rick
21-02-2017, 01:53 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2017 01:58 PM by Tomasia.)
(21-02-2017 01:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This has been answered by us multiple times but you don't get it. Which is why I am asking you to elaborate. Either you have no fucking clue because you are woefully deficient in your mental faculties, or you are a dishonest twit erecting straw men. So, tell me what you think we are disputing, specifically so I can see which of the two options it is.

I ignore any point that's being raised that unrelated to the actual claim and argument I made. Because what happens in forums likes this, is that people like to try and get you to argue 50 different things, unrelated to the point you raised, like trying shift a losing argument regarding historicity, to an argument over miracles and divinity. Rather than spending my time dealing with strawmen all day, I tend to ignore them.

If you want to try this again, and don't imagine yourself as erecting one strawman after the other, what exactly are you disputing in relationship to the James Jesus connection I've raised.

Your argument so far related to this point, have amounted to suggesting that historical details, that are not collaborated by archaeological evidence, amount to nothing more than the allegations or beliefs of their writers, historians, or otherwise.

More recently after realizing how sad and pathetic that argument is, you now seem to want to argue that we have to ignore the James Jesus connection, until we can establish Jesus historicity independent of that, which was just your attempt to find more hoops to defend your silly line of reasoning.

21-02-2017, 01:55 PM
(21-02-2017 01:53 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 01:44 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  This has been answered by us multiple times but you don't get it. Which is why I am asking you to elaborate. Either you have no fucking clue because you are woefully deficient in your mental faculties, or you are a dishonest twit erecting straw men. So, tell me what you think we are disputing, specifically so I can see which of the two options it is.

I ignore any point that's being raised that unrelated to the actual claim and argument I made. Because what happens in forums likes this, is that people like to try and get you to argue 50 different things, unrelated to the point you raised, like trying shift a losing argument regarding historicity, to an argument over miracles and divinity.

If you want to try this again, and don't imagine yourself as erecting one strawman after the other, what exactly are you disputing in relationship to the James Jesus connection I've raised.

Your argument so far related to this point, have amounted to suggesting that historical details, that are not collaborated by archaeological evidence, amount to nothing more than the allegations or beliefs of their writers, historians, or otherwise.

You still didn't answer the question. What "James Jesus" connection is being disputed by us?

-Rick
21-02-2017, 01:58 PM
(21-02-2017 01:53 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

I ignore any point that's being raised that unrelated to the actual claim and argument I made. Because what happens in forums likes this, is that people like to try and get you to argue 50 different things, unrelated to the point you raised, like trying shift a losing argument regarding historicity, to an argument over miracles and divinity. Rather than spending my time dealing with strawmen all day, I tend to ignore them.

Let's try and make a list of what you think is being disputed with respect to the "Jesus James" connection.

Options:
1) Jesus is said to have had a brother and disciples
2) Someone claimed to be Jesus' brother
3) Paul claims to have met someone claiming to be Jesus' brother

-Rick