More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2017, 05:19 PM
RE: More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?
(21-02-2017 05:14 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 04:58 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  More bullshit and ignoring of literally every point made refuting your stupidity. The only thing that stays the same is that everything changes (except tomato's bullshit)

Is this the best you got? Nice.

I was hoping to hear more about your excellent understanding of history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I give detailed replies, you give me lies, dishonesty, and straw men. Why give you detailed replies when you're just going to be the same lying troll for Jesus you've always been?

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2017, 05:31 PM
(21-02-2017 05:19 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  When I give detailed replies, you give me lies, dishonesty, and straw men. Why give you detailed replies when you're just going to be the same lying troll for Jesus you've always been?

No, what you give is half backed responses, that you clearly haven't thought through. You can't seem to understand the difference between any conclusion, and likely conclusions. Or why we can logically infer someone existed, by establishing a familial relationship. Or that written historical sources are evidence, even without archaeological collaboration.

What ever sort of non-sense criticisms you have, you're unlikely to find it anywhere else, unlikely to hear it any history class in the country, and is entirely a product straight out of your ass. And one that you avoid taking any accountability for, like a slippery blob of swamp sludge.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
21-02-2017, 05:35 PM
(21-02-2017 05:31 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 05:19 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  When I give detailed replies, you give me lies, dishonesty, and straw men. Why give you detailed replies when you're just going to be the same lying troll for Jesus you've always been?

No, what you give is half backed responses, that you clearly haven't thought through. You can't seem to understand the difference between any conclusion, and likely conclusions. Or why we can logically infer someone existed, by establishing a familial relationship. Or that written historical sources are evidence, even without archaeological collaboration.

What ever sort of non-sense criticisms you have, you're unlikely to find it anywhere else, unlikely to hear it any history class in the country, and is entirely a product straight out of your ass. And one that you avoid taking any accountability for, like a slippery blob of swamp sludge.

See? Same bullshit in a new post. You're a broken record of lies and dishonesty and straw men

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
22-02-2017, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 22-02-2017 03:39 PM by jennybee.)
(20-02-2017 09:09 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 08:47 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I recommend reading Nailed by David Fitzgerald. Great book on the lack of evidence for Jesus and how, as another poster mentioned, some of the historical writings on Jesus were tweaked later on. So yeah, Fitzgerald pretty much rips all of that to shreds.

Peddling Mythicism 101? Sadcryface Granted, Fitzgerald would be more accessible a read than Carrier's On the Historicity of Jesus. Plus if it's anything like his Mormon book, the snark is real.

I personally am on the fence as to whether or not Jesus existed (as a human). I can see arguments for both sides. I recommended the Fitzgerald book because he is a historian and it was a very interesting read. And the book does do a great job of showcasing how some of the "documents" Christians like to provide as evidence for Jesus have been tweaked and are not the wondrous sources they think they are.
22-02-2017, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2017 04:08 AM by adey67.)
(21-02-2017 05:35 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(21-02-2017 05:31 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  No, what you give is half backed responses, that you clearly haven't thought through. You can't seem to understand the difference between any conclusion, and likely conclusions. Or why we can logically infer someone existed, by establishing a familial relationship. Or that written historical sources are evidence, even without archaeological collaboration.

See? Same bullshit in a new post. You're a broken record of lies and dishonesty and straw men

TBD, I only wish I could give you more than a +1 your tenacity and vigor is refreshing, I thank you for your contributionsThumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
22-02-2017, 03:53 PM
(22-02-2017 03:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I recommended the Fitzgerald book because he is a historian and it was a very interesting read.

lol, David Fitzgerald is as much of a historian as Ken Ham is a scientist. It seems he at best has an undergraduate degree in history, though he never seemed to indicate from where, or in what area surprisingly. He's atheist activist, not a historian.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
22-02-2017, 04:22 PM
(22-02-2017 03:53 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 03:33 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I recommended the Fitzgerald book because he is a historian and it was a very interesting read.

lol, David Fitzgerald is as much of a historian as Ken Ham is a scientist. It seems he at best has an undergraduate degree in history, though he never seemed to indicate from where, or in what area surprisingly. He's atheist activist, not a historian.

Yes, well, I'll get back to you when he has a credential of being able to walk on water.
22-02-2017, 05:08 PM
(21-02-2017 05:31 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

That's hilarious. The fake PhD telling the real PhD about "half-baked" responses, (which he can't even spell correctly).

Tomato .... there are jobs just waiting for you in Washington.
Just Goggle "alternative facts".

Laugh out loadLaugh out load

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-02-2017, 05:09 PM
(22-02-2017 03:53 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

Like you are one to be talking about degrees. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
22-02-2017, 05:15 PM
Julius Caesar was essentially a military man and a politician. Here is a letter written to Caesar during his lifetime, probably by Gaius Sallustius Crispus with a few soft suggestions on political reforms and other incidental business.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Ro...arem*.html

And here is a speech to Caesar, also probably by Sallustius, discussing the political concerns of the day.

http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Ro...arem*.html

Now one might say that this isn't definite proof that Caesar existed but the trouble with this is that all the events in these letters are substantiated by other people taking note of the same events . And notice the letter and speech before the Senate didn't claim Caesar was a god or performed miracles. If these letters did make such a claim there would need to be hard, incontrovertible evidence by several hundred people, each writing during his lifetime. And even then it would have to be scientifically proven to be true. As the saying goes, extraordinary claims requires extraordinary evidence.

Furthermore, if a god refuses to be proven scientifically to actually exist because it pushed his ego out of wack then it's no god I'm willing to worship.

(Somewhere there are bits and pieces of letters Caesar wrote himself but I can't find them online. )

So there's nothing written during Jesus' lifetime and no record anywhere of his actions. If he was causing such a problem for the Romans you'd think someone would have taken notice and recorded it. Even Jewish historian, Philo Judaeus, doesn't mention him. Jesus might have been an actual guy but he couldn't have been all that special.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post