More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-02-2017, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2017 03:01 PM by abaris.)
RE: More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?
Yes, you don't understand what has been said. The NT is a vita. The vita of Jesus and deserving of the critical reception of the genre.

That's what you fail to get, but keep doubling down. It's funny how you're flaunting your ignorance.

But since there's a direct comparison to Cesar - what do you think of De Bello Gallico. And no, haven't read it doesn't count.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
23-02-2017, 03:10 PM
(23-02-2017 02:57 PM)abaris Wrote:  Yes, you don't understand what has been said. The NT is a vita. The vita of Jesus and deserving of the critical reception of the genre.

Who said the gospels are not deserving of a critical reception?

I mean is this your day job, erecting strawmen?

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
23-02-2017, 03:12 PM
(23-02-2017 03:10 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Who said the gospels are not deserving of a critical reception?

Are you displaying any?

So, come on, show me that you know what you're talking about. De Bello Gallico by Julius Cesar. What do you think of it in terms of evidence?
23-02-2017, 03:15 PM
(23-02-2017 03:12 PM)abaris Wrote:  Are you displaying any?

I mean is there a point that I've raised regarding NT history that you disagree with, that you can point out, and attribute to a lack of critical reception on my part? Or are you just grasping for straws here?

Quote:But since there's a direct comparison to Cesar - what do you think of De Bello Gallico.

He makes a really mean guac.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
23-02-2017, 03:16 PM
(23-02-2017 03:15 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 03:12 PM)abaris Wrote:  Are you displaying any?

I mean is there a point that I've raised regarding NT history that you disagree with, that you can point out, and attribute to a lack of critical reception on my part?

Quote:But since there's a direct comparison to Cesar - what do you think of De Bello Gallico.

He makes a really mean guac.

Obfuscation, lies, and dishonesty. You need a new schtick

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
23-02-2017, 03:18 PM
(23-02-2017 03:15 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  He makes a really mean guac.

That all?

Hint. These were senate reports. Any thoughts? How should we read them?
23-02-2017, 03:27 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2017 03:33 PM by Tomasia.)
(23-02-2017 03:18 PM)abaris Wrote:  That all?

Hint. These were senate reports. Any thoughts?

Nah, if i start giving you more straws, my cows are not gonna have enough to eat.

How much more obvious are you gonna be that you just plopped yourself in here quite late, didn't read any of the points I raised regarding the historicity of Jesus, but just made a variety of poorly mistaken assumptions on what you thought those views are based on your experience with fundie evangelicals.

So come on quit the crap, and just confess your sins, and I'll forgive you.

23-02-2017, 04:03 PM
(23-02-2017 03:27 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Nah, if i start giving you more straws, my cows are not gonna have enough to eat.

Nevermind how late I dropped in. Your just making a fool of yourself nonetheless. I make it easier on you. Julius Cesar wrote senate reports about his war on the Gauls. With me so far?

Good?

How should we read them? What's your opinion?

And say, let's compare that to the story of Jesus. Are both accounts on equal footing?

Come on, you're the expert. Let me in on your wisdom.
23-02-2017, 04:14 PM
(23-02-2017 04:03 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 03:27 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  Nah, if i start giving you more straws, my cows are not gonna have enough to eat.

Nevermind how late I dropped in. Your just making a fool of yourself nonetheless. I make it easier on you. Julius Cesar wrote senate reports about his war on the Gauls. With me so far?

Good?

How should we read them? What's your opinion?

And say, let's compare that to the story of Jesus. Are both accounts on equal footing?

Come on, you're the expert. Let me in on your wisdom.

He's too stupid to realize how ignorant he is. At some point you begin to realize it's futile to expect tomato to actually learn or admit when he's stupid/wrong/a douchebag troll.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
23-02-2017, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 23-02-2017 05:03 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(23-02-2017 03:10 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 02:57 PM)abaris Wrote:  Yes, you don't understand what has been said. The NT is a vita. The vita of Jesus and deserving of the critical reception of the genre.

Who said the gospels are not deserving of a critical reception?

I mean is this your day job, erecting strawmen?

The gospels are not biography.
They are proclamations of faith.
In that context, a "critical reception" is actually meaningless.
They state what a faith community accepted as what they believed.
The only "critical reception" they could get, would be if one disputes the the community actually (did not) believe what is proclaimed in the Good News.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post