More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2017, 07:43 AM
More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?
(24-02-2017 07:14 AM)abaris Wrote:  And for fucks sake don't quote me out of context, since the above was said in connection to the Roman authors reporting on Christians, and the general rule of what history was at that time. This is what I said.

Perhaps you can answer the question then: "So do you agree that there is evidence that Jesus existed, but just not eye witness accounts of his life, or archaeological evidence?"

If you don't agree, then no I didn't misinterpret/misunderstand your views. If you do, then perhaps I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2017, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2017 08:19 AM by abaris.)
RE: More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?
(24-02-2017 07:43 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Perhaps you can answer the question then: "So do you agree that there is evidence that Jesus existed, but just not eye witness accounts of his life, or archaeological evidence?"

I said it before. There neither evidence for or against his existence. In short he's on the same level as Homer's characters. And by evidence I mean scientific evidence. The man's a myth, short and simple.

As opposed to Julius Cesar where we have ample scientific evidence for his existence and what he did in life. The man set a chain of events in motion that can be followed over decades of well documented historical evidence.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
24-02-2017, 08:25 AM
(24-02-2017 08:12 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 07:43 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Perhaps you can answer the question then: "So do you agree that there is evidence that Jesus existed, but just not eye witness accounts of his life, or archaeological evidence?"

I said it before. There neither evidence for or against his existence. In short he's on the same level as Homer's characters. And by evidence I mean scientific evidence. The man's a myth, short and simple.

As opposed to Julius Cesar where we have ample scientific evidence for his existence and what he did in life.
I cannot for the life of me understand the level of dissonance and the mountain of denial the huge hoops to jump through and the tortuous twisting required to buy into this apologetic, it really is mind boggling.
24-02-2017, 08:27 AM
(24-02-2017 08:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 08:12 AM)abaris Wrote:  I said it before. There neither evidence for or against his existence. In short he's on the same level as Homer's characters. And by evidence I mean scientific evidence. The man's a myth, short and simple.

As opposed to Julius Cesar where we have ample scientific evidence for his existence and what he did in life.
I cannot for the life of me understand the level of dissonance and the mountain of denial the huge hoops to jump through and the tortuous twisting required to buy into this apologetic, it really is mind boggling.

Step 1) empty your mind
Step 2) read bible and no other books unless they support the Bible
Step 3) Jesus

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
24-02-2017, 09:12 AM
(24-02-2017 08:12 AM)abaris Wrote:  I said it before. There neither evidence for or against his existence. In short he's on the same level as Homer's characters. And by evidence I mean scientific evidence. The man's a myth, short and simple.

Now let's be clear, and not shifty. I can tolerate your bravado but not shiftiness. So be mindful of your qualifiers here, and what ever distinction you're trying to draw between scientific and historic evidence, or evidence in general. Nor is it particularly clear how a person is qualifying the term scientific when it comes to historical evidence, it seems to be mean primarily archaeologic evidence, because it's not clear how written sources are translated into scientific evidence.

But I don't care how you want to qualify evidence here, as far as I'm concerned any evidence used to logically draw historical conclusion, is historical evidence. As to whether or not that qualifies as scientific evidence, that's not a can of worms I'm all that interested in opening.

Do you acknowledge that there is evidence that Jesus existed, even if you want to call this evidence "non-scientific"? Yes or No.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
24-02-2017, 09:17 AM
(24-02-2017 09:12 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  As to whether or not that qualifies as scientific evidence, that's not a can of worms I'm all that interested in opening.

That's the only can worth opening. If you already stumble over that simple fact, there's really nothing to add. There's zero scientific evidence for or against the existence of Jesus, for the last time. There's plenty for Julius Cesar. Open that can and you possibly might get the distinction. Refrain from opening it and stay an ignoramus, for all I care.
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
24-02-2017, 09:23 AM
(24-02-2017 09:17 AM)abaris Wrote:  That's the only can worth opening. If you already stumble over that simple fact, there's really nothing to add. There's zero scientific evidence for or against the existence of Jesus, for the last time. There's plenty for Julius Cesar. Open that can and you possibly might get the distinction. Refrain from opening it and stay an ignoramus, for all I care.

So you're refusing to answer a rather simple question, as to whether you agree that there's '"non-scientic" evidence that Jesus existed?

Also I would like to know a bit more as to how you're using the term "scientific evidence" here in regards to history, does that only apply to archaeological evidence? Does it apply to written sources. If so, do written sources have to be eye witness accounts to qualify as scientific evidence?

24-02-2017, 09:28 AM
(24-02-2017 09:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  So you're refusing to answer a rather simple question, as to whether you agree that there's '"non-scientic" evidence that Jesus existed?

Idiot. Evidence is scientific. Otherwise it's not evidence. Not in history, since history is science.

So no, there's no evidence. Absolutely none.
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
24-02-2017, 09:34 AM
(24-02-2017 09:12 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Now let's be clear, and not shifty. I can tolerate your bravado but not shiftiness. So be mindful of your qualifiers here, and what ever distinction you're trying to draw between scientific and historic evidence, or evidence in general.

LMAO.
That from the Prime Shifter who HIMSELF confused scientific with historical evidence AND HIMSELF asked for the same concerning Caesar.

Fuck

It'll be a cold day in hell that Tomato stops being shifty. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
24-02-2017, 09:35 AM
(24-02-2017 09:28 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 09:23 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  So you're refusing to answer a rather simple question, as to whether you agree that there's '"non-scientic" evidence that Jesus existed?

Idiot. Evidence is scientific. Otherwise it's not evidence. Not in history, since history is science.

If all evidence classifies as scientific evidence, then it's rather redundant to qualify it as "scientific".

Quote:So no, there's no evidence. Absolutely none.

If this is the case, then I'm not sure why you accused me of misinterpreting you earlier.

Do you believe historians, and people in general can logically conclude that Jesus existed, as folks like Ehrman and other's conclude, even if they may be wrong in that conclusion?