More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2017, 09:55 AM
RE: More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?
(20-02-2017 08:42 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 08:27 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Also, are you saying Caesar is fictional?

No i'm just saying there's no evidence that Caesar existed. That I have no choice, but to except the default position, and that is to lack a belief.

My, my; what a goober. Angel
Essentially, you want to cancel out both Caesar and Jesus since they are both only referred to in official records or by second and third party historians, and leave no first person accounts of their lives?

Ok. Sure I'll do without Caesar ... just for little you, Tomboy. Dodgy

Not a difficult task, really. It's happened before.
Once the church took over, the dark ages happened. In as little as two centuries, people throughout Europe would look at aqueducts and wonder who built them and how they were created. Much of the reason we have Roman histories is because they were collected and kept safe by Muslim scholars.

In this, our new world scenario, it looks as if atheists will be the keepers of the world's knowledge. But of course, we're not ones to keep quiet about it. Just so you know.

Religious extremists ... always think you gotta control all the good shit. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
20-02-2017, 10:04 AM
At work.

Damn, so it was aliens that built the earth work fortifications around Alesia.

*Sigh* Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
20-02-2017, 10:08 AM
If Caeser in fact didn't exist, the implications are hardly very troubling. But if Jesus (as written) didn't exist, millions of people are utterly wasting their lives and/or bothering other people to do the same and/or persecuting others based on what Jesus supposedly wants.

Not that Christians pay much attention to what Jesus wants, anyhow. They generally find more and more inventive ways to ignore most of his words.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Robvalue's post
20-02-2017, 10:19 AM
(20-02-2017 10:08 AM)Robvalue Wrote:  If Caeser in fact didn't exist, the implications are hardly very troubling. But if Jesus (as written) didn't exist, millions of people are utterly wasting their lives and/or bothering other people to do the same and/or persecuting others based on what Jesus supposedly wants.

Not that Christians pay much attention to what Jesus wants, anyhow. They generally find more and more inventive ways to ignore most of his words.

Just to cut off what will be, inevitably, an objection to this.
I actually think it makes no difference to them either way. They may think it does, but it doesn't. They live the way they live ... period. In their heads they *reference* what they have (learned) come to understand as WWJD etc ... but, whether he really existed or not, and whether the name of what is in their brains is "Bob" or "Jesus", is really irrelevant. They have a non-intervening deity, who never does anything for anyone, and *works* as a mental reference when they need a reference.

If they were REALLY "Christians" and followers of Jesus, they would be "radically" following the gospels. 99.99999999999999 percent of them wouldn't even think of doing that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-02-2017, 10:22 AM

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Robvalue's post
20-02-2017, 10:28 AM
Are we talking about Julius Caesar here ? Because if we are then I'm confused as there seems to me to be a shit load of evidence about him, how on earth can anyone seriously say there are more sources for jebus, unless I am missing something here, I await enlightenment.
20-02-2017, 10:45 AM
(20-02-2017 10:28 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Are we talking about Julius Caesar here ? Because if we are then I'm confused as there seems to me to be a shit load of evidence about him, how on earth can anyone seriously say there are more sources for jebus, unless I am missing something here, I await enlightenment.

There isn't any evidence that Julius Caesar existed. There's coins with his picture on it, that's not evidence he existed. There's writings about him, and a book purportedly written by someone claiming to be Julius Caeser and written in third person, still not evidence, etc.. Ceaser is likely a amalgamation of variety of historical, and mythical figures, it was a common name at the time.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
20-02-2017, 10:47 AM
Sorry but this isn't making sense to me what kind of evidence would be acceptable to you ?
20-02-2017, 10:47 AM
(20-02-2017 10:04 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Damn, so it was aliens that built the earth work fortifications around Alesia.

*Sigh* Drinking Beverage

Yes and Romulus and Remus built Rome.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
20-02-2017, 10:48 AM
(20-02-2017 10:47 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Sorry but this isn't making sense to me what kind of evidence would be acceptable to you ?

Actual evidence. I.E scientific evidence.