More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-02-2017, 12:53 PM
RE: More evidence for Jesus than Caesar?
(20-02-2017 12:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 12:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  If you were arguing that both were non existent or existent fine but I suspect that's not the case I'm happy to be proven wrong though but that means either denying your mythical saviour or admitting parity for both.

I'm just curious about the jumping through hoops.

In order to avoid jumping through hoops one has to admit that neither likely existed. If one were to suggest one existed but not the other, they'd have to do pull some mental gymnastics to make it work. At least that seems to be the impression you're suggesting.

"In order to avoid jumping through hoops one has to admit that neither likely existed."

"jumping through hoops" = having reliable evidence

So what you are LITERALLY saying is: "In order to avoid providing or accepting any reliable evidence for their existence, one must 'admit' that neither likely existed." This is an astoundingly stupid and dishonest tactic.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2017, 12:55 PM
(20-02-2017 12:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 12:33 PM)adey67 Wrote:  If you were arguing that both were non existent or existent fine but I suspect that's not the case I'm happy to be proven wrong though but that means either denying your mythical saviour or admitting parity for both.
I'm just curious about the jumping through hoops.

In order to avoid jumping through hoops one has to admit that neither likely existed. If one were to suggest one existed but not the other, they'd have to do pull some mental gymnastics to make it work. At least that seems to be the impression you're suggesting.

Yea well, I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you! Blink

Showed that muthafukah. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
20-02-2017, 12:57 PM
(20-02-2017 12:55 PM)kim Wrote:  Yea well, I'm rubber you're glue, whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you! Blink

Showed that muthafukah. Drinking Beverage

But where is your "scientific evidence" of said people composed of rubber and glue? If you can't show the "scientific evidence" of this statement, then you're just jumping through hoops and one must admit that we are all rubber.

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
20-02-2017, 12:58 PM
I'm simply saying that there is an apparent disparity in the required level of proof and the nature of that proof between Caesar and jebus. I'm sorry to have to say you are one of the most confabulatory slippery and less than honest posters I have encountered here.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
20-02-2017, 12:58 PM
Tom, wow. Just wow. I really don't understand how you can honestly say what you have been saying and expect to be taken seriously. Ignore any of the deity claims about Caesar and just look at the man. Are you seriously suggesting that all the writings (supporting and critical), currency, statues, plays, etc. do not support that there was a man who at the very least inspired it but will (and have) maintained that the biblical accounts of Jesus' life (which are not eyewitness and don't claim to be) are accurate?

Look man, I cut you a ton of slack because I understand your delusion because I am married to someone like you, but you seriously have to wake the fuck up. You have the tools in your head but you just refuse to utilize them. The responses you have made are totally in opposition to the support you have for Jesus. Flip it over: what evidence would concince you Caesar existed (not even a diety)? And how does this evidence compare to that of Jesus? Apply the same logic to your christ belief that you are to the whole Caesar thing. If you do that honestly, I can't imagine you will continue this argument. Apply this same level of skepticism to jesus, I am pretty sure that deep down, you already know where that will lead. If you are courageous enough to do it.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
20-02-2017, 01:05 PM
(20-02-2017 12:53 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 12:43 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  I'm just curious about the jumping through hoops.

"In order to avoid jumping through hoops one has to admit that neither likely existed."

So what you are LITERALLY saying is: "In order to avoid providing or accepting any reliable evidence for their existence, one must 'admit' that neither likely existed." This is an astoundingly stupid and dishonest tactic.

Ah ok I guess I got the definition of jumping through hoops wrong, where I am from it means the exact opposite , someone who jumps through hoops is doing all they can to avoid being shown they are wrong.
20-02-2017, 01:08 PM
(20-02-2017 01:05 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 12:53 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  "In order to avoid jumping through hoops one has to admit that neither likely existed."

Ah ok I guess I got the definition of jumping through hoops wrong, where I am from it means the exact opposite , someone who jumps through hoops is doing all they can to avoid being shown they are wrong.

Well, Tomato doesn't want to be proven wrong, and this can be corroborated by the way he is using "jumping through hoops." The way he is using seems to correlate with my assessment even though most people would use it as you do.

-Rick
20-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Btw I'm seriously not that bright so you got that right on for sure.
20-02-2017, 01:10 PM
(20-02-2017 01:08 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Btw I'm seriously not that bright so you got that right on for sure.

If you are replying to me, I didn't say or imply you weren't bright. I said of Tomato in my post that he is using "an astoundingly stupid and dishonest tactic."

-Rick
20-02-2017, 01:16 PM
Ok, but seriously I am definitely not that smart and it gets me in trouble sometimes but I'm smart enough to realise he's playing a game thank you for correcting me, with decent explanations like yours I'm learning as I go